2018 MLB Draft Thread

Advertisement
I never said that (shocking) and 2011 was a Regional. Not a Super Regional.

But in 2010 (which as actually a Super Regional) we definitely would've had a chance in game 3 because we had a good club.

Something that you will certainly deny and claim was mediocre or worse.

Semantics.

Why wouldn't it matter if we took one game against Florida in the 2011 regional? The deciding game would be random and unpredictable. But if you never get to that game, you have no shot to advance.

Advertisement
Nobody said they can't. They just didn't in those examples.

Came close several times with lesser teams. Just didn't get one of them.

Zero times. Not once.

When Miami is on the road: we aren't the better team, that's why we lose.
When dozens and dozens of other teams win on the road: baseball is random and unpredictable.

If you don't understand sample size and randomness then, of course, you'll misuse a single instance and try to claim that it means they "make a living" doing it.

If it's sample size and randomness, why wouldn't it be important to win a game in Gainesville? Would the elimination game be random? One game is a small sample size.

Semantics, as usual, in order to deflect from the bigger issue.

We're 0-8 against Florida in the post-season in the last decade. But there hasn't been any decline. Same program as always.

Exactly my point. Idk why anybody is defending the state of this program right now. Nobody is saying Morris was a terrible coach, and we haven’t ever been good since 2001. We’re simply saying we’ve been on a decline for the past decade and haven’t been an elite program in a long time, outside of the 14 class. It’s possible to have a couple good years in a down decade, the two aren’t mutually exclusive

Advertisement
Again, you're making stuff up and not even addressing the right year.

2011 was not the Super Regional.

I wish you would at least get this part right.

There you go, avoid your mistake by arguing about the years.

Since an elimination game in ANY type of postseason tournament is random and is a small sample size, wouldn't it be important to make it to that game?

You literally said that it doesn't matter if we win game two since Florida is probably going to win game three.

This is amazing.

Guy isn't even talking about the right game.

I was talking about 2011 Regional. Not 2010 Super Regional.

Get to the right year and then we'll talk.

There you go, avoid your mistake by arguing about the years.

This is great.

I obviously mention 2011.

Jagr is remembering the wrong year and the wrong game.

But he blames me for making a mistake.

Who cares if the 2011 team had beaten Florida in extra innings that one time?

I've proven many times in the past that I know more about this program and have a better memory than him.

It's proven again.

This is amazing.

Guy isn't even talking about the right game.

I was talking about 2011 Regional. Not 2010 Super Regional.

Get to the right year and then we'll talk.

Is it important to put yourself in position to play in a winner-takes-all elimination game?

Advertisement
This is great.

I obviously mention 2011.

Jagr is remembering the wrong year and the wrong game.

But he blames me for making a mistake.

I've proven many times in the past that I know more about this program and have a better memory than him.

It's proven again.

I love it. I win again.

You know you made a mistake, but since I got the two Gainesville eliminations mixed up, you avoid the whole point of the discussion.

He loves to avoid this one:

Three ACC teams lose at home in 2016 - "you don't know anything about randomness and sample size"

Miami can't force an elimination game in Gainesville - "we would have lost anyway, they were better"

How did Boston College beat Ole Miss? Weren't they better? - "you don't know anything about randomness and sample size"

Advertisement
Miami loses a home regional - baseball is random and unpredictable, duh.

Miami loses a road regional - the better team wins, that's why they are the home team, duh.

Semantics.

Why wouldn't it matter if we took one game against Florida in the 2011 regional? The deciding game would be random and unpredictable. But if you never get to that game, you have no shot to advance.

Simple, I think even at 2-0 in the Regional we still would've been the underdog because Florida was the better team and they were at home.

Would've been fun to witness, though.

Of course we could've won but a team (or coach) can be prepared and play well but still lose. The 2011 performed well in that Regional for the most part. They just weren't the better team. They finished exactly where they should have based on seeding.

Advertisement
Back