2018 MLB Draft Thread

Simple, I think even at 2-0 in the Regional we still would've been the underdog because Florida was the better team and they were at home.

Would've been fun to witness, though.

Of course we could've won but a team (or coach) can be prepared and play well but still lose. The 2011 performed well in that Regional for the most part. They just weren't the better team. They finished exactly where they should have based on seeding.

Why does it matter who the underdog is? Why does it matter who the home team is? Baseball is random. Small sample size.

You literally said that it didn't matter if we forced a deciding game, as though the randomness and sample size lecture doesn't apply when Miami is on the road.

Advertisement
Can you read?

I just answered that in the same post.

Oh, I can read. I enjoying reading your contradictions. You tried to make the point that we're a good program, and that's why people have high expectations. Then, when trying to make a different point, you said that people who had high expectations in 2017 were delusional. Therefore, we didn't have a good program. And then 2018 was even worse.

When Miami is on the road: we aren't the better team, that's why we lose.
When dozens and dozens of other teams win on the road: baseball is random and unpredictable.

I never said the second part so once again you lie and/or erect a strawman.

College baseball is random. It's less so when the advantages are stacked up like they are in road regionals at a national seed.

Advertisement
Since an elimination game in ANY type of postseason tournament is random and is a small sample size, wouldn't it be important to make it to that game?

I never said it wasn't important so, again, another lie.

I said it was irrelevant whether we were 1-8 or 2-8 since it wouldn't have changed your argument.

So it's disingenuous for you to argue as if that's the standard that you're using to judge Morris' performance. It's not.

I never said the second part so once again you lie and/or erect a strawman.

College baseball is random. It's less so when the advantages are stacked up like they are in road regionals at a national seed.

You never said the second part????? Remind me what you said about the ACC teams losing at home when the ACC was the "best conference" in 2016. Remind me what you said when I pointed out that many road teams have won regionals and Super Regionals.

I never said it wasn't important so, again, another lie.

I said it was irrelevant whether we were 1-8 or 2-8 since it wouldn't have changed your argument.

So it's disingenuous for you to argue as if that's the standard that you're using to judge Morris' performance. It's not.

You said "who cares" if we had won in Gainesville or in Louisville against UF or Louisville. You said we would have lost anyway.

Advertisement
You know you made a mistake, but since I got the two Gainesville eliminations mixed up, you avoid the whole point of the discussion.

What are you talking about? What mistake?

You completely flubbed what game and what year I was talking about.

But somehow I made a mistake?

You are a piece of work.

Constantly lying because of the years of pretzel-like logic you employed.

It wasn't a winner takes all since we would've been 2-0.

It was the Saturday 1-0 game in that Regional.

You still can't get your facts straight.

There ya go. Avoid the point. If we're 2-0, then the worst case scenario is a do or die game. And since baseball is random and unpredictable, we had a shot to advance, which is the only important thing.

So my point remains spot on. Beating Florida on the road matters.

What are you talking about? What mistake?

You completely flubbed what game and what year I was talking about.

But somehow I made a mistake?

You are a piece of work.

Constantly lying because of the years of pretzel-like logic you employed.

You know exactly what you screwed up. You forgot that baseball was completely random when you claimed that we would have lost the regional anyway.

I love this:

Anyone, including Miami, loses at home - "small sample size, random, anything can happen"

Miami can't force a final game on the road - "who cares? We would have lost anyway"

Miami loses a home regional - baseball is random and unpredictable, duh.

Miami loses a road regional - the better team wins, that's why they are the home team, duh.

These are not mutually exclusive.

If the better teams wins then that's the way it's supposed to be. No mystery there.

If the better team loses (which is debatable in 2012, 2014) then randomness is certainly a reason.

Why are you so obtuse on randomness? Its embarrassing now.

Advertisement
Washington advances to the CWS as a 3-seed: "random, small sample size"

Miami can't win the 1-0 game against Florida: "the better team would have won, so who cares?"

A small sample size of one game would be random and unpredictable, so how do you know that we would have likely lost?

The better team at home would still likely be the favorite against that Miami team.

And the real point is that winning one of those games wouldn't have changed your argument today. You'd complain about 1-8 or 2-8 (instead of 0-8).

Basically, you're coming to a conclusion and then fishing for support after the fact.

These are not mutually exclusive.

If the better teams wins then that's the way it's supposed to be. No mystery there.

If the better team loses (which is debatable in 2012, 2014) then randomness is certainly a reason.

Why are you so obtuse on randomness? Its embarrassing now.

But "who cares" if we force Florida to a final game, right? One game is the smallest sample size possible.

Advertisement
The better team at home would still likely be the favorite against that Miami team.

And the real point is that winning one of those games wouldn't have changed your argument today. You'd complain about 1-8 or 2-8 (instead of 0-8).

Basically, you're coming to a conclusion and then fishing for support after the fact.

If we win the 1-0 game, maybe we're not 1-8 or 2-8. Maybe we win that final game and advance, since a one game sample size is random and unpredictable.

But "who cares" if Vanderbilt beats Clemson in the 1-0 game in 2018? Clemson is the favorite at home anyway.........

Why does it matter who the underdog is? Why does it matter who the home team is? Baseball is random. Small sample size.

This just proves that you don't actually pay attention to anything that I post.

You just spout your narrative regardless.

As I've said numerous times, the regular season serves to seed teams and give them the best possible chance (still random) to reach the final 8. The better team (advantage) hosting (advantage) is the best route to that end.

If you're the 2-seed on the road against a national seed, you're not supposed to advance and it's an uphill climb to do so.

I now expect you to lie and/or erect a strawman.

Advertisement
Back