2018 MLB Draft Thread

They didn't beat Ole Miss once.

Correct, because if they had lost the game when Ole Miss was undefeated, then they would not have had the chance for the one game scenario. In other words, you made my point for me. Thank you for that. If we had won your "who cares?" game, we would have had a better chance to win the regional.

Advertisement
Disgustingly dishonest.

My thoughts on this are perfectly clear to any reasonable human being.

You're just lying your *** off now.

I'm literally quoting you. You said who cares if we win the 1-0 game since we would have lost the regional anyway? Are you denying that?

"Who cares, we would have lost the regional anyway" = "it doesn't matter if we won that game"

It seems that you can't help but lie.

Sure, but I also know that going 1-8 wouldn't have mattered. Or 2-8.

Advancing is what matters.

Who cares if the 2011 team had beaten Florida in extra innings that one time? They still likely would've lost the Regional. Or if they beat Louisville in 2013 when the game was tied in the 8th?

Irrelevant.

You're the same guy who whined about losing one game to Columbia and Boston College.

You can't dismiss a decade's worth of losses as being random in small sample sizes and then act like you know what would have happened if we had taken a 2-0 lead in the Gainesville regional.

I didn't dismiss a decade's worth of losses as random.

And I didn't act like I know what would've happened.

You're terribly inaccurate in your quoting of me.

I simply played the percentages.

Advertisement
Correct, because if they had lost the game when Ole Miss was undefeated, then they would not have had the chance for the one game scenario. In other words, you made my point for me.

They advanced by winning the Regional, which is what I said mattered. Advancing.

I didn't dismiss a decade's worth of losses as random.

And I didn't act like I know what would've happened.

You're terribly inaccurate in your quoting of me.

I simply played the percentages.

Ah, so now there are expectations placed on the home team, because the home team is supposed to be better. Like I said, you're coming around. Baby steps.

Advertisement
Which is something that I never disputed or even addressed.

Again, an example of you lying and/or making stuff up.

Then why would you ever say "who cares" about the most important game in every regional? I'm glad you said it, though. I'll use that against you forever. You literally said "who cares" that we didn't win the game that puts every winner into the driver's seat.

I'm literally quoting you. You said who cares if we win the 1-0 game since we would have lost the regional anyway? Are you denying that?

Why do you lie about stuff that anybody can easy go back and read themselves?

Who cares if the 2011 team had beaten Florida in extra innings that one time? They still likely would've lost the Regional.

Yes, I'm denying what you claimed I said.

Because I didn't say it.

And this is something that you claimed that you were literally quoting me on!

You're a loon.

Why do you lie about stuff that anybody can easy go back and read themselves?

Yes, I'm denying what you claimed I said.

Because I didn't say it.

And this is something that you claimed that you were literally quoting me on!

You're a loon.

You don't understand the definition of random. If something is random, there is no likelihood of any outcome. A single baseball game is random, as you have explained many times.

I'm not the one who claims that any single baseball game is unpredictable and then predicts the winner of a baseball game.

I didn't predict the winner of a baseball game.

I said likely based on odds.

And it would've been two games because, again, we would've needed to lose twice.

You're a crazy person who literally can't get a single game straight.

Advertisement
How can you advance if you don't force an elimination game by beating the home team the first time? Weird, huh.

It's not weird. It's just not a part of the hypothetical that we began this digression with.

You've never even attempted to deny my claim that it wouldn't matter to your argument.

That's because even somebody as unhinged as you are knows that it's true.

Then why would you ever say "who cares" about the most important game in every regional?

I've answered this at least twice already.

You just don't read anything.

Because you're argument wouldn't change one iota because of it. 1-8 or 2-8 wouldn't matter to your argument.

Advertisement
I didn't predict the winner of a baseball game.

I said likely based on odds.

And it would've been two games because, again, we would've needed to lose twice.

You're a crazy person who literally can't get a single game straight.

So "who cares" if we won the 1-0 game even though it would have meant a better pitching setup and the need for Florida to beat us twice. Yeah, who cares?

Again, you're just making stuff up or ignoring things I've repeated for years.

You've repeated the random, small sample size thing dozens and dozens of times when it's used to defend Jim Morris. We lose at home? Random. We lose in Omaha? Random. But when we lose on the road? They were the better team.

I'll use that against you forever. You literally said "who cares" that we didn't win the game that puts every winner into the driver's seat.

Because you're a loon who lies constantly and takes things out of context.

You can't use something as a negative if you wouldn't have used it as a positive in reverse.

If they won that game, and still failed to advance, you wouldn't have given two ***** about it. You would've destroyed anybody who claimed it as a meaningful win.

It wouldn't have changed your argument. So stop lying already.

It's not weird. It's just not a part of the hypothetical that we began this digression with.

You've never even attempted to deny my claim that it wouldn't matter to your argument.

That's because even somebody as unhinged as you are knows that it's true.

Winning one game in one regional against the host puts you in a better position to advance. Winning 0% of those games doesn't give you a chance to advance. Therefore, I do care that we occasionally win a game in Gainesville against UF because it gives us a better chance to advance. Pretty simple.

Advertisement
Back