2018 K Bubba Baxa receives offer (Commits!)

#RistHasDowns ???

This has been a tough week in Rist world.

[MENTION=8395]ristwasdown[/MENTION] - Daniel Faalele to Michigan???

Last edited:
Advertisement
DA19rhpVwAApagA.jpg

DA19rhoU0AEoU7x.jpg

DA19rhnUAAAUiiU.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Plan c kid

Weren't you going to stop posting anymore? Wtf happened to that?

I said I was done sharing info? The reading comprehension of you guys is terrible. Kid was a plan c. This is fact. Don't need to be an insider to see this

You're calling the 5th ranked KICKER in the nation a plan C kid? Just so I'm reading correctly? Maybe im misunderstanding.

He was our plan c. Mcpherson-->juco kid--->baxa

Don't know why there's such a commotion. It's the truth. There's not many kickers ranked, they'll rank more in their senior year. Baxa hasn't done as well on the kicker tour as guys like our plan a. McPherson

tell us more about his performance on the kicker tour and how it relates to his ranking

and if you could be sure to specifically address the following, that would be immensely helpful:

Baxa most recently competed at the 2017 Texas Showcase. He regained his #1 spot nationally by hitting two charted KO's that had over 4.3 seconds of hang-time. He had by far the highest charted KO of the Spring Showcase Camp Tour with a 4.5 second blast. His FG's off the ground have improved to the point where he was able to go kick for kick with the nation's best FG kickers. Baxa is a multi-sport athlete who should continue to develop in college. His upside is outstanding and his "A" ball is different from the rest of the 2018 class. His punting is solid but his overall ability on KO's and FG's is what he should focus on in college. Baxa is very competitive and has either won or been a finalist at multiple Kohl's camps during the FG competition phase of camp. His height off the ground on FG's has improved drastically this spring and he should be in contention for many All-American Teams.

Bubba Baxa | Kohl?s Football Kicking Camps, Punting Camps, and Snapping Camps

and if you could be sure to specifically address the following, that would be immensely helpful:

Baxa most recently competed at the 2017 Texas Showcase. He regained his #1 spot nationally by hitting two charted KO's that had over 4.3 seconds of hang-time. He had by far the highest charted KO of the Spring Showcase Camp Tour with a 4.5 second blast. His FG's off the ground have improved to the point where he was able to go kick for kick with the nation's best FG kickers. Baxa is a multi-sport athlete who should continue to develop in college. His upside is outstanding and his "A" ball is different from the rest of the 2018 class. His punting is solid but his overall ability on KO's and FG's is what he should focus on in college. Baxa is very competitive and has either won or been a finalist at multiple Kohl's camps during the FG competition phase of camp. His height off the ground on FG's has improved drastically this spring and he should be in contention for many All-American Teams.

Thanks, DerekDohrman. This kid's actually a good athlete by kicker standards. Apparently he's a good punter and plays baseball too.

Well whata ya know..our plan C just turned into an A..

Limpwristdown must really feel like an *** now that his frog magically turned into a prince..

I'm just curious what all those kicking sites he follows are saying about this....lol

Advertisement

Limpwristdown must really feel like an *** now that his frog magically turned into a prince..

I'm just curious what all those kicking sites he follows are saying about this....lol

This is one ranking site and based on the fact he participated in the kohl camp. This is like someone being ranked top 300 on espn but 2050 by 24/7

This is one ranking site and based on the fact he participated in the kohl camp. This is like someone being ranked top 300 on espn but 2050 by 24/7

Who else really ranks kickers and punters? Kohls is the authority when it comes to kickers/punters/long snappers. Kohl camps are the only ones where Kickers and Punters get any attention or evaluation.

lol

Advertisement

Just take the L and keep it movin' son

Awesome attempt of spinning that dumbazz

Just take the L and keep it movin' son

This

Baxa was the #1 guy for 2018 after this camp in January 2-3, 2016.
http://legacy.kohlskicking.com/sites/default/files/camp-results/updated%20UCC%202016%20Results.htm

KO (14 overall, 2nd highest score for 2018)
B. Baxa 66.67 3.47 101.32

FG (2nd overall and 1st for 2018)
B. Baxa 7/10 6/10 13/20

Not sure if got injured but he really digressed in FG...

December 30-31, 2016
KO (Pretty good, came in 5th, longest avg was 74.58 and best avg Hang Time was 3.87, highest score 111.84)
E. McPherson 72.25 (Avg) 3.66 (Hang time) 108.85 (Score)
B. Baxa 2018 72.63 (Avg) 3.56 (Hang time) 108.19 (Score)

FG (9 out of 20, pretty bad, tied for 31)
E. McPherson 8/10 9/10 17/20
B. Baxa 5/10 4/10 9/20

P (42.31 Avg, 3.76 hang Time, 88.74 Score) Pretty crappy

Really surprised that they ranked him 5th best after this camp...

Baxa has really improved a lot in the past 6 months to move from #5 to the #1 Ranked Kicker:

May 7, 2017
KO (Highest Score, came in 5th, #4 in Avg (longest avg was 75.75) and Best Hang Time)
B. Baxa 71.75 (Avg) 4.26 (Hang Time) 114.30 (Score)

FG (8 out of 10, much better, tied for 11)

P (41.11 avg, 3.88 HT, 99.24 Score) still pretty crappy

Moved up to #1 ranked kicker after this performance. I think they moved him up due to his improvement and potential, hopefully he continues to develop and fulfills his potential.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back