2018 DT Trevor Trout

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I believe Kool's going to get us 1 of thompson or trout.. His rep and presence in that area is a big advantage

This right here is why I don't sweat DT recruiting anymore. It obvious to anyone with eyes that our scheme lets our DL eat! These kids aren't stupid. They know what a great opportunity they would have playing under coach Kool in Diaz's system. These kids know that they will be extremely well coached, put in position to make plays while benefiting from the exposure that a school like UM provides. All of which will prepare them for the next level. There was a reason that it was practically impossible to recruit DTs under Golden and Donofrio as the atmosphere and culture those clowns created nullified most all of the points listed above. So I'm not worried at all about being able to sign high quality to elite DT prospects.

In terms of the 2018 class specifically I would like to bring in an elite Juco DT if such a thing exists this cycle in order to mitigate the effects of potentially losing our top 4 DTs,(Norton, MacIntosh, Willis and Moten) to the draft. **** we may need 2 Jucos

Want him or Sandidge to go w Nasty Nest!

Imagine all 3 in this class it's not happening but Kool would have them dawgs killing QBs

The great thing about having great technical coaches who are highly respected to go with a scheme that kids want to play in is that the hypothetical scenario you mentioned above is never as out of the question as you make it seem. It's only natural as we as Canes fans have been conditioned to be defeatist and pessimistic by a decade plus of garbage coaching and on field mediocrity.

We need to realize that kids want to play for the U again. Add to that these kids also know that we could be losing our top 4 DTs. All of a sudden the idea of signing Silvera, Sandige and Trout doesn't seem so impossible anymore. Challenging? Absolutely! Impossible? No!

Oklahoma with a sizeable lead right now.

That is fake news. The actual leader is Mizzou at this point. Not saying he is going there but my buddy is a coach on the Chaminade staff and says Trout is Mizzou's to lose.

Advertisement

That is fake news. The actual leader is Mizzou at this point. Not saying he is going there but my buddy is a coach on the Chaminade staff and says Trout is Mizzou's to lose.

Maybe another ****** season and another 20% drop in enrollment will get his eyes down here. Especially after Norton puts up an All ACC season

I believe Kool's going to get us 1 of thompson or trout.. His rep and presence in that area is a big advantage

This right here is why I don't sweat DT recruiting anymore. It obvious to anyone with eyes that our scheme lets our DL eat! These kids aren't stupid. They know what a great opportunity they would have playing under coach Kool in Diaz's system. These kids know that they will be extremely well coached, put in position to make plays while benefiting from the exposure that a school like UM provides. All of which will prepare them for the next level. There was a reason that it was practically impossible to recruit DTs under Golden and Donofrio as the atmosphere and culture those clowns created nullified most all of the points listed above. So I'm not worried at all about being able to sign high quality to elite DT prospects.

In terms of the 2018 class specifically I would like to bring in an elite Juco DT if such a thing exists this cycle in order to mitigate the effects of potentially losing our top 4 DTs,(Norton, MacIntosh, Willis and Moten) to the draft. **** we may need 2 Jucos

I agree with everything you said in the first paragraph. However, I've learned from following recruiting in recent years that DT recruiting is shadier than any other position. Just for the simple fact that there isn't an abundance of 300+ pound guys that are athletic enough to be disruptive DTs with the necessary work ethic and motor. I'm not saying that'll be the case with every DT. Just that it isn't as black and white as "we have the best in the business so we'll get most of who we want."

Yes, Kool may be the best in the country at his craft. Yes, he may be the best avenue to take if kids want to end up in the NFL. However, some elite DTs will want the instant gratification of cash payouts that Miami doesn't provide.

Advertisement

Maybe another ****ty season and another 20% drop in enrollment will get his eyes down here. Especially after Norton puts up an All ACC season

Could be like Thomas last year. Early one he he was heavy on Mizzou, not so much publicly but it was well know in the St Louis Area...then he started liking Bama more and more but then the U staff, Campus and plan for his future blew him away.

If I were Trout..I'd work with Kool...he's a King Maker on the D Line.

I agree with everything you said in the first paragraph. However, I've learned from following recruiting in recent years that DT recruiting is shadier than any other position. Just for the simple fact that there isn't an abundance of 300+ pound guys that are athletic enough to be disruptive DTs with the necessary work ethic and motor. I'm not saying that'll be the case with every DT. Just that it isn't as black and white as "we have the best in the business so we'll get most of who we want."

Yes, Kool may be the best in the country at his craft. Yes, he may be the best avenue to take if kids want to end up in the NFL. However, some elite DTs will want the instant gratification of cash payouts that Miami doesn't provide.

You bring up some valid points and I agree with you. I certainly don't think we will get everyone we want but for the first time in a very long time I feel very confident in what we have to offer in terms of coaching and scheme. We won't get them all but we will do well.

Advertisement
Back