2018 DT recruiting

We have missed the mark recruiting DL the last couple years. Clemson just signed four of the top DL in the country. We're lucky if we can get guys to take an OV. This cycle isn't over yet but something has to change quick.

That's what I mean...top 3 need on the team with CB/TE...And we get 4 official visits (and that includes Goldwire and Thompson, with Thompson having a feel of possible cancel/possible vaca)

Advertisement
Advertisement
I love Coach Kul but in my best Eddie Murphy Raw voice "What have you done for me lately". DE recruiting and progression has been average maybe slightly above (Garvin the next beast) but DT progression and recruiting has been below average in my opinion.

I love Coach Kul but in my best Eddie Murphy Raw voice "What have you done for me lately". DE recruiting and progression has been average maybe slightly above (Garvin the next beast) but DT progression and recruiting has been below average in my opinion.

For those that maybe to young to get the reference or may not have been exposed to this type of humor here is the reference clip from Eddie Murphy Raw.

NOT WORK SAFE (but Funny as ****)
[video=youtube_share;ts4sEBb2K3s]https://youtu.be/ts4sEBb2K3s[/video]

Last edited:
A lot of us have been worried about this since we signed Tyreic Martin as our only DT in year 1.

What, exactly was the coaching staff's plan here? Who is overseeing this? Anyone?

Last edited:
Advertisement
A lot of us have been worried about this since we signed Tyreic Martin as our only DT in year 1.

What, exactly was the coaching staff's plan here? Who is overseeing this? Anyone?

9361b00634f9b6cda198be602943a717.gif

Advertisement
I’m guessing we need a JUCO/Grad Transfer along with 1 high level 4 star recruit in addition to Nesta. Maybe a project as well that can redshirt and help at practice.

Either way, DT looks to be a weakness next year. An injury to Ford/Willis and the position will be a disaster from a depth perspective.

Only silver lining is Ford, Silvera, Bethel, and whoever else we close with will get tons of PT to head into 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only Martin in year one cobbling a class together is understandable.

Only bringing in Ford in 2017 is unacceptable and total mismanagement of the position. Especially when you take into consideration Courtel Jenkins transferred out of the program, Moten is a senior, and both McIntosh/Norton would be draft eligible with the potential to leave.

Advertisement
DT recruiting has been messy for three years. This is on Kul, Diaz and Richt.

Only Martin in year one cobbling a class together is understandable.

Only bringing in Ford in 2017 is unacceptable and total mismanagement of the position. Especially when you take into consideration Courtel Jenkins transferred out of the program, Moten is a senior, and both McIntosh/Norton would be draft eligible with the potential to leave.

Sick of hearing "we will be fine" when it comes to the DT position. Miami needs to be stacked at DT not fine.

Advertisement
Back