2018 DT recruiting

Advertisement
Coach Diaz raved about Jon Ford's build - tall and athletic, said we're rebranding that position. So, I'm guessing they'll be looking at DT's with length.

Yep. Makes no sense. But...that's where we are. I think Norton and RJ will go having played well enough to get good draft positions, and again Willis flirted with entering the NFL draft after this past season. So, if he gets enough on tape, he's probably gone too.

I never disagreed we need to load up on dts, but, I think it's unlikely all 3 declare early for the NFL. Makes zero sense and would be unprecedented.

No one really wow-ed you. Unless someone turns into Aaron Donald/Suh, its very hard for me to see more than one DT leaving. Willis is the most likely candidate.

We'll see what another year with Kool can do.

Unless someone turns into Aaron Donald, its very hard for me to see more than one DT leaving. Willis is the most likely candidate.

Next season is projected to be very strong at defensive tackle, as opposed to this season. Hard to believe so many kids would volunteer to leave into the teeth of a stacked draft position.

Advertisement
No way all 3 leave and if they do, it means they balled on that dline and our defense probably murked all season.

I'll say only 1 leaves and let's hope that's the case because if not we get very thin right away

The one area i have absolutely no concern with kool will take care of it the other areas not so confident

The Nesta kid from Amer Her has already been offered by FSU. Miami should probably go ahead and offer him too.

The one area i have absolutely no concern with kool will take care of it the other areas not so confident

Even Kool needs material to work with. We've been down this path before. Now with WR and DBs but not too long ago, we didn't have DTs. We're recruiting for 2 years down the road...keep stacking chips while we're strong, don't wait until we don't have a two deep to address it. That would only magnify the impact of a miss when it happens (and it always happen even under the best circumstances).

Advertisement
This staff will not let it get to where we have no DTs we will bring in at least 2 this year imo

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Moten and Jenkins will be seniors. Norton, McIntosh, and Willis could all leave early for the NFL. That would leave Martin and Ford as the remaining DTs on the roster. Fines has been rumored to be switching to OL.

I'm not counting Glen Logan. By all accounts, he is currently enrolled at LSU and doing offseason workouts.

2018 DTs

Kids with offers (per 247 sports)
----------

OSU - 5* Taron Vincent, 6-2 285
IMG Academy, Bradenton, FL

OSU - 4* Matthew Jones, 6-4 305
Erasmus Hall, Brooklyn, NY

PSU - 4* PJ Mustipher, 6-6 285
McDonogh, Owings Mills, MD

Uncommitted - 4* Rick Sandidge, 6-5 273
Concord, Concord, NC

Uncommitted - 4* Michael Thompson, 6-3 291
Parkway NO, St. Louis, MO

Clemson - 4* Josh Belk, 6-3 282 (Clemson commit)
Lewisville, Richburg, SC

UGA/Miami^ - 3* Jordan Davis, 6-6 300
Mallard Creek, Charlotte, NC

Signed today - 3* Jayson Ademilola, 6-3 286 (Notre Dame commit)
St. Peter's Prep, Jersey City, New Jersey

Other state of FL DTs
-------------

GT - 4* TK Chimedza, 6-3 270

Miami - 3* Nesta Silvera, 6-2 308
Amer. Her., Ft. Lauderdale, FL
(Offers: FSU, Miss St., TCU, Bowling Green)

Uncommitted - 3* Josh Walker, 6-2 285

Uncommitted - 3* Dennis Briggs, 6-4 250
Gateway, Kissimmee, FL

UVA - 3* Jordan Redmond, 6-1 288
Osceola, Kissimmee, FL

3* John Walker, 6-4 290
Admiral Farragut Acad., St. Petersburg, FL

Other kids that may be worth a look at DT considering we have Coach Kul Da Gawwwwww
-------------------

3* Miami OL commit Delone Scaife, 6-3 285
Southridge, Miami, FL
Reasons: it was reported he was running routes and catching passes a couplefew weeks ago...try his athletic *** at DT and see what happens.

3* OL Kahric Belle, 6-6 270
N Miami Beach Senior, Miami, FL
(Offers: UF, FAU, Kentucky, NC St.)
Reasons: because he's big and we don't want him at UF

3* OL Sebastian Sainterling, 6-3 320
Chaminade, Hollywood, FL
(Offers: Miss St., Auburn, Cincy, Kentucky, Fresno St., Iowa St.)
Reasons: desperation

Updated as of 12/20/17

Advertisement
Over/under on DT threads between now and February signing day? I'm going with 150.

That wouldn't be enough. And it's played out as I posted in February, with the 2018 draft much stronger at defensive tackle than 2017. Yet we might lose two guys anyway.

Can never be satisfied at this position. It dictates outcomes. Those defensive yards per pass attempt numbers I always post are not related to secondary only. Only fools believe that. They are guys in your face up the middle...changing plays and forcing bad throws.

Over/under on DT threads between now and February signing day? I'm going with 150.

That wouldn't be enough. And it's played out as I posted in February, with the 2018 draft much stronger at defensive tackle than 2017. Yet we might lose two guys anyway.

Can never be satisfied at this position. It dictates outcomes. Those defensive yards per pass attempt numbers I always post are not related to secondary only. Only fools believe that. They are guys in your face up the middle...changing plays and forcing bad throws.

Much appreciated, Gary.

We have missed the mark recruiting DL the last couple years. Clemson just signed four of the top DL in the country. We're lucky if we can get guys to take an OV. This cycle isn't over yet but something has to change quick.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back