2018 class was an unprecedented bust (especially on offense)

DL & TE were very good. Rest is meh.

This is why you can't afford even one down year in recruiting. Not all these guys are going to work out.

You need to continuously and consistently stack talent.
Rousseau and Brevin are very good. that's 2 players

Advertisement
The missing piece and context in this thread is the lack physical and mental development they’ve been exposed to by our coaching staff.

These players are Busts partly due to their coaching staffs being busts and rife with JAG(s) as well.
I blame this more on recruiting. It's not like any of the guys who transferred out are balling elsewhere.

That class had a ton of players at those camps and 7 on 7 type events.. that was supposed to be a foundational class and coming in the offensive group was supposed to be the stronger more star laden type talent.. sheesh.. :ibis-roflmao-sm3:

:6e482c-o:

Advertisement
2018 was looked at as a program changing type class coming off a successful year. Absolute failure in recruiting, especially on the offensive side of the ball. I'm not a big manny fan, but this is what he's working with, these are the current seniors Richt left him with. The WR class has been beat to death with how bad it turned out. But everything except TE was a failure. The OL recruiting is maybe the most damaging aspect of this class and why we have struggled so badly the last couple of years.

It's time for some of these guys to see the bench and Manny to give the guys recruited since he has been here a chance to save his ***. The last two classes need to be the heart of this team, because these guys are not it.

WRs - Wiggins, Pope, Hightower, Ezzard - All busts. 2 transferred. 2 benched.
RBs - Lingard, Harris - One transfer, one average acc back
OL - Reed, Campbell, Scaife - 3 dudes who can't start on our garbage OL. Busts.
QB - Jarren w - Bust, transfer
TE - Brevin, Mallory - Brevin is one of the only players worth a **** in this class, Mallory still hasn't done much for all the hype.
FB - Realus George - transfer

Defense:
DL - Nesta, Miller, Rousseau - Better group. Good finds in Miller and Rousseau.
LB - GIl Frierson - Needed to pick up one true LB in this class. Recruiting Failure.
S - Gurvan Hall - JAG
CB - Blades, Ivey, Bethel - 2 JAGs and a transfer

K -Baxa (LOL)

I remember. This class looked so good on paper. A class that would truly help bring Miami back. Yet outside of Brevin and the DL……average to bad.

Advertisement
Like I've said 100x. Mallory disappears in **** near every game, and he can't block for ****.

Cam still has no wiggle, and the added bulk didn't help that.
Totally agree on the blocking. Its pretty atrocious. I still think we can find ways to get him the ball up the middle but we only seem to be able to do that against the crappiest of competition and not in games against tougher competition. And i agree on Cam. Guy has limited vision. We need to go to Chaney asap and then give Rooster more carries when he returns.

2018 was looked at as a program changing type class coming off a successful year. Absolute failure in recruiting, especially on the offensive side of the ball. I'm not a big manny fan, but this is what he's working with, these are the current seniors Richt left him with. The WR class has been beat to death with how bad it turned out. But everything except TE was a failure. The OL recruiting is maybe the most damaging aspect of this class and why we have struggled so badly the last couple of years.

The last two classes need to be the heart of this team, because these guys are not it.

10/13 on offense have either transferred or are warming up the bench as seniors.

TE - Brevin, Mallory - Brevin is one of the only players worth a **** in this class, Mallory still hasn't done much for all the hype.

Defense:
DL - Nesta, Miller, Rousseau, Joyner - Better group. Good finds in Miller and Rousseau.
LB - GIl Frierson - Needed to pick up one true LB in this class. Recruiting Failure.
S - Gurvan Hall - JAG

K -Baxa (LOL)
Juedy was that guy we all knew it and we couldn't close.

Advertisement

The last two classes need to be the heart of this team, because these guys are not it.

10/13 on offense have either transferred or are warming up the bench as seniors.

Defense:
DL - Nesta, Miller, Rousseau, Joyner - Better group. Good finds in Miller and Rousseau.
S - Gurvan Hall - JAG

K -Baxa (LOL)

Pick a class, my g. We have a lot of lost classes that were supposed to turn this program around.

Advertisement
Brutal!
this was also the class of the all time CIS trolling by D. Sileo JR with Surtain and Cambell. o_O

massive bust/misses at WR, OL, S, kicker ( cost us a bunch of games ).. remember my own excitement about Lingard .. ****

outside ****** coaching, this 2018 class bust is the other reason why we are where we are. if we have hit gold we would have been in good position.. of course 2019 was BAD TOO

Feel like we do this every year when we look at our Senior class. Something has clearly been broken for a long time. It’s anomaly after anomaly.

Advertisement
Back