2018 class was an unprecedented bust (especially on offense)

[]_[] swag

Sophomore
2018 was looked at as a program changing type class coming off a successful year. Absolute failure in recruiting, especially on the offensive side of the ball. I'm not a big manny fan, but this is what he's working with, these are the current seniors Richt left him with. The WR class has been beat to death with how bad it turned out. But everything except TE was a failure. The OL recruiting is maybe the most damaging aspect of this class and why we have struggled so badly the last couple of years.

The last two classes need to be the heart of this team, because these guys are not it.

10/13 on offense have either transferred or are warming up the bench as seniors.

WRs - Wiggins, Pope, Hightower, Ezzard - All busts. 2 transferred. 2 benched.
RBs - Lingard, Harris - One transfer, one average acc back
OL - Reed, Campbell, Scaife - 3 dudes who can't start on our garbage OL. Busts.
QB - Jarren w - Bust, transfer
TE - Brevin, Mallory - Brevin is one of the only players worth a **** in this class, Mallory still hasn't done much for all the hype.
FB - Realus George - transfer

Defense:
DL - Nesta, Miller, Rousseau, Joyner - Better group. Good finds in Miller and Rousseau.
LB - GIl Frierson - Needed to pick up one true LB in this class. Recruiting Failure.
S - Gurvan Hall - JAG
CB - Blades, Ivey, Bethel - 2 JAGs and a transfer

K -Baxa (LOL)

Last edited:
Advertisement
2018 was looked at as a program changing type class coming off a successful year. Absolute failure in recruiting, especially on the offensive side of the ball. I'm not a big manny fan, but this is what he's working with, these are the current seniors Richt left him with. The WR class has been beat to death with how bad it turned out. But everything except TE was a failure. The OL recruiting is maybe the most damaging aspect of this class and why we have struggled so badly the last couple of years.

It's time for some of these guys to see the bench and Manny to give the guys recruited since he has been here a chance to save his ***. The last two classes need to be the heart of this team, because these guys are not it.

TE - Brevin, Mallory - Brevin is one of the only players worth a **** in this class, Mallory still hasn't done much for all the hype.

Defense:
DL - Nesta, Miller, Rousseau - Better group. Good finds in Miller and Rousseau.
LB - GIl Frierson - Needed to pick up one true LB in this class. Recruiting Failure.
S - Gurvan Hall - JAG

K -Baxa (LOL)
And you wonder why we got our **** pushed in on Saturday

Advertisement

It's time for some of these guys to see the bench and Manny to give the guys recruited since he has been here a chance to save his ***. The last two classes need to be the heart of this team, because these guys are not it.

Defense:
S - Gurvan Hall - JAG

K -Baxa (LOL)

Those down south boys have been a real disappointment (6/8/8/51). Jeezus.

Did we ever even really try to get Mallory involved? Blocking is not his game and I feel like we needed him to do way too much of that because of their front 7.

That's my point. He needs to get more physical especially if he wants to play at the next level. I think he has the tools, but our playcalling hasn't allowed him to shine. We neglect the middle of the field too much and settle for pointless screens. Bama had DEs and CBs (on the LOS) out there waiting for those.

Advertisement
Spot on, OP. And when your upperclassmen are the likes of the guys you've listed, you're in trouble. And the 2019 class didn't do us many favors, either. We can't keep ****ing away recruiting classes like this.

Our most talented players with the highest upside are our underclassmen. We're basically relying on the development of our 2020 and 2021 classes.

Our only hope is to keep signing classes like 20 and 21.

Defense:
S - Gurvan Hall - JAG

K -Baxa (LOL)
Here is your common denominator.
1631027963546.png

Math however you want.

If you thought 2018 was bad look at 2017, god bless Richt but he didn’t do his due diligence evaluation wise..it was so bad we had freaking ****kowski committed at one time lulz

Pretty spot on. I might quibble with you on Campbell, who seems like more of an injury casualty right now than an outright bust (and who I would like to see again at OG instead of OT). But, the best ability is availability.

Advertisement
Spot on, OP. And when your upperclassmen are the likes of the guys you've listed, you're in trouble. And the 2019 class didn't do us many favors, either. We can't keep ****ing away recruiting classes like this.

Our most talented players with the highest upside are our underclassmen. We're basically relying on the development of our 2020 and 2021 classes.

Our only hope is to keep signing classes like 20 and 21.
We had the #1 safety in the country in 2020. We had the #1 safety in the country in 2021. Both played their first game last Saturday.

This was better than our 2017 class and no worse than the 2019 class. I actually kind of marvel at last year's results, given how bare the cupboards were after the 2019 season. It actually gives me hope that, once the 2020 and 2021 class come on line, the team can be really good.

Advertisement
My god... TEs were great and DL was good. OL was okay as was a few on D. But my god that is bad.

Advertisement
Back