2018 class was an unprecedented bust (especially on offense)

Mallory was actually really smart when he came in and mentioned Njoku role and Brevin playing the herndon role was one of the reasons he came to miami, always felt that was a player who knew his strength and weakness and pretty self aware. Problem is that staff is gone and every coach doesnt know how to use players in certain ways.

Seems like maybe they're trying to be smarter than is actually needed. No question that role would be great for him and football isn't rocket science. My guess is Lashlee, like most coaches, thinks his ideas are smarter and more effective than anyone else's. It's not like Richt wouldn't help him get it in the playbook, in fact I'm sure he would love to help if asked.

Advertisement
I’m NOt sure how you blame richt when this happens every time we have a good class Or a five star, this is a lack of development that has been around for 15 years. 2008 class led to Shannon being fired, golden had good classes fall apart and be busts. This is exactly why I don’t get a rager like most fans when we have good classes, history tells me it won’t pan out
Richt hiring Dugans and Searels is really what he should be blamed for. 7 players. All busts. Two positions that needed big classes, and have been painfully bad the last two seasons,

Feel like we do this every year when we look at our Senior class. Something has clearly been broken for a long time. It’s anomaly after anomaly.
the higher ups holding the program back and holding it by his hand. The higher ups are the fuqin cloud the whole time

Advertisement
If Gurvan Hall went to Bama he’d be the same player

Did coaches teach Redwine and Jaquan something different than Hall? And Hall is 10x the athlete Jaquan was
No he wouldn’t have, Miami doesn’t develop or prepare guys the right way and every player not going to always do the right thing, some you have to stay on and make it tuff for them.

We have to stack consistent perceived top-ten classes.
You take this class and follow-up with the 2019 clunker and here we are.

Advertisement
That's my point. He needs to get more physical especially if he wants to play at the next level. I think he has the tools, but our playcalling hasn't allowed him to shine. We neglect the middle of the field too much and settle for pointless screens. Bama had DEs and CBs (on the LOS) out there waiting for those.
I think part of that is because our qb is 5’9.

Mallory is too **** stiff to do any **** thing, similar to the tin man from the wizard of oz AFTER a rain storm. He needs to take that NIL money and buy the plyo program from P90X. Stiffer than board and not very good imo.

2018 was looked at as a program changing type class coming off a successful year. Absolute failure in recruiting, especially on the offensive side of the ball. I'm not a big manny fan, but this is what he's working with, these are the current seniors Richt left him with. The WR class has been beat to death with how bad it turned out. But everything except TE was a failure. The OL recruiting is maybe the most damaging aspect of this class and why we have struggled so badly the last couple of years.

The last two classes need to be the heart of this team, because these guys are not it.

10/13 on offense have either transferred or are warming up the bench as seniors.

WRs - Wiggins, Pope, Hightower, Ezzard - All busts. 2 transferred. 2 benched.
RBs - Lingard, Harris - One transfer, one average acc back
OL - Reed, Campbell, Scaife - 3 dudes who can't start on our garbage OL. Busts.
QB - Jarren w - Bust, transfer
TE - Brevin, Mallory - Brevin is one of the only players worth a **** in this class, Mallory still hasn't done much for all the hype.
FB - Realus George - transfer

Defense:
DL - Nesta, Miller, Rousseau, Joyner - Better group. Good finds in Miller and Rousseau.
LB - GIl Frierson - Needed to pick up one true LB in this class. Recruiting Failure.
S - Gurvan Hall - JAG
CB - Blades, Ivey, Bethel - 2 JAGs and a transfer

K -Baxa (LOL)
I hope it shows everyone that 7 on 7 football and camps are a poor way to evaluate for 11 on 11 tackle football.

And, when you start there and the mentalities and culture is wrong, you get to where we are today. Hooray.

No he wouldn’t have, Miami doesn’t develop or prepare guys the right way and every player not going to always do the right thing, some you have to stay on and make it tuff for them.

Coaches have 80+ players to worry about, if Hall needs someone to be “tough” on him that’s on him

Advertisement
2018 was looked at as a program changing type class coming off a successful year. Absolute failure in recruiting, especially on the offensive side of the ball. I'm not a big manny fan, but this is what he's working with, these are the current seniors Richt left him with. The WR class has been beat to death with how bad it turned out. But everything except TE was a failure. The OL recruiting is maybe the most damaging aspect of this class and why we have struggled so badly the last couple of years.

The last two classes need to be the heart of this team, because these guys are not it.

10/13 on offense have either transferred or are warming up the bench as seniors.

WRs - Wiggins, Pope, Hightower, Ezzard - All busts. 2 transferred. 2 benched.
RBs - Lingard, Harris - One transfer, one average acc back
OL - Reed, Campbell, Scaife - 3 dudes who can't start on our garbage OL. Busts.
QB - Jarren w - Bust, transfer
TE - Brevin, Mallory - Brevin is one of the only players worth a **** in this class, Mallory still hasn't done much for all the hype.
FB - Realus George - transfer

Defense:
DL - Nesta, Miller, Rousseau, Joyner - Better group. Good finds in Miller and Rousseau.
LB - GIl Frierson - Needed to pick up one true LB in this class. Recruiting Failure.
S - Gurvan Hall - JAG
CB - Blades, Ivey, Bethel - 2 JAGs and a transfer

K -Baxa (LOL)
Disaster. It's even worse when you think about this as the class we got from our best season in 15 years.

Last edited:
Even the two best players we didn’t get the most out of them. Brevin got hurt a lot and GR15 sat out

Mallory turned the corner down the stretch but good grief this class is offensive

Advertisement
Hopefully Mario stacking elite classes back to back to back will help safe guard against these kind of disasters.

Problem is we didn't follow up 2018 with enough talent the following years

This is an indictment of our past staff(2). Zero development except for Rousseau and maybe the RB's. That absolutely needs to change. Hopefully, MC puts together and keeps in place a staff that can develop and makes these kids the best they can be.

Go Canes!

What’s worse to me is that I look at those names and still see physical talent. It’s not like some of the golden years taking multiple Gary Crows…many of those players should have been good based on measurables

It is an indictment on the blue light special staff that Manuel assembled and the related program culture of slip 'n slide...

...players are like clay. How you mold them is on the staff.

Advertisement
Back