2018 American Heritage CB talks Canes

View as article

ErickMarreroU

Staff Writer
Premium
IMG_2314.jpg
Photo credit: Christopher Stock -- Miami247

Now that signing day is for the class of 2017 is over, it's time to shift focus to the class of 2018

The Hurricanes dressed everything they needed in 2017, but despite addressing all of their needs, but there's still one position the Canes will target heavily in this recruiting cycle ---- that's the Defensive Back position

Miami currently hold commitments from there defensive backs, two corner backs and one safety, Gilbert Frierson (Coral Gables) , DJ Ivey (South Dade) and Joshua Jobe (Columbus), but there's one cornerback that they're recruiting heavily ---- 2018 American Heritage CB Tyson Campbell

"My recruitment is going well." Said Campbell "There's a lot of schools after me right now."

Campbell was recently at Clemson for there recent Junior Day

"It was a great visit, I loved everything about it."

Campbell has offers from Miami, Clemson, Georgia and others, but there's some schools sticking out for him right now

"Miami, Clemson, Florida, LSU and Ohio St. are recruiting me the hardest right now."

One of those schools is the hometown Hurricanes

"Playing at Miami would be great." Campbell said "it's close to home, Mike Rumph is there and it's a great place to play."

"I'm not ready to make a decision yet, I'm going to take a couple of visit and see after that."

Advertisement
Almost every CB is a must get this class they all know they can come in and play right away here

those interviews of Campbell and Surtain seem a little light... Did they seem to not want to talk about being recruited by UM?

would be nice to see some more questions about their thoughts on UM football and where its headed under Richt... IF they like the changes in scheme made by Manny Diaz on defense and their impressions about how aggressive it now is... Their relationship with Rumph and how it may impact their decisions....???

Advertisement
Its early and if there was ever a class where these kids will be careful its this year. It's going to be like the Wild Wild West with the amount of competition here for these recruits and I think tthey'll really be patient with their choices

Almost every CB is a must get this class they all know they can come in and play right away here

They all knew that this year. Rumph is my favorite coach on the team behind Diaz and Kool. Hope he can get a hang of the recruiting game.

those interviews of Campbell and Surtain seem a little light... Did they seem to not want to talk about being recruited by UM?

would be nice to see some more questions about their thoughts on UM football and where its headed under Richt... IF they like the changes in scheme made by Manny Diaz on defense and their impressions about how aggressive it now is... Their relationship with Rumph and how it may impact their decisions....???

This.

The aggressive style Diaz has deployed should appeal to every defensive recruit in the nation.

Advertisement

your putting way to much into one little interview, which may not have been the entire thing. its still a ways out also. like way out. there are tons of db's in this class from south florida they can't land all of them

View attachment 42493

Now that signing day is for the class of 2017 is over, it's time to shift focus to the class of 2018

The Hurricanes dressed everything they needed in 2017, but despite addressing all of their needs, but there's still one position the Canes will target heavily in this recruiting cycle ---- that's the Defensive Back position

Miami currently hold commitments from there defensive backs, two corner backs and one safety, Gilbert Frierson (Coral Gables) , DJ Ivey (South Dade) and Joshua Jobe (Columbus), but there's one cornerback that they're recruiting heavily ---- 2018 American Heritage CB Tyson Campbell

"My recruitment is going well." Said Campbell "There's a lot of schools after me right now."

Campbell has offers from Miami, Clemson, Georgia and others, but there's some schools sticking out for him right now

"Miami, Clemson, Florida, LSU and Ohio St. are recruiting me the hardest right now."

"Playing at Miami would be great." Campbell said "it's close to home, Mike Rumph is there and it's a great place to play."

"I'm not ready to make a decision yet, I'm going to take a couple of visit and see after that."

Tyson Campbell has not run track since since a 10th grader at AH in 2015 ran an official 100m--11.09. Must be at or have exceeded the HS national elite mark of 10.80 by now.
100--11.09...... Apr 16, 2015...... FHSAA 2A District 15

Last edited:
Advertisement
Campbell might be the best overall player we're pursuing in this cycle. Certainly one of the best, at the very least. Elite and special talent.

Have to land him. No excuses for Rumph.

Advertisement
View attachment 42493

Tyson Campbell has not run track since transferring to STA from AH. But as a 10th grader at AH in 2015 ran an official 100m--11.09. Must be at or have exceeded the HS national elite mark of 10.80 by now.
100--11.09...... Apr 16, 2015...... FHSAA 2A District 15

He transferred to STA?

Campbell might be the best overall player we're pursuing in this cycle. Certainly one of the best, at the very least. Elite and special talent.

Have to land him. No excuses for Rumph.

Right because this kids decision falls simply on Rumph....

Advertisement
Back