2018 American Heritage CB talks Canes

View as article
DJ Ivey revealed Miami is looking at a 5 DB class in 2018 on TOS...

CB Josh Jobe
CB Al Blades
CB DJ Ivey
CB/S Gil Frierson
S Gurvan Hall

2018 depth chart would be perfect....

CB Malek Young/Josh Jobe/Al Blades
CB Jhvaonte Dean/Trajan Bandy/DJ Ivey
S Jaquan Johnson/Romeo Finely/Gil Frierson
S Amari Carter/Gurvan Hall/Derrick Smith

That is a championship level 3 deep.

Declaring a championship level db depth chart w/ 4 starters who have a combined 9 starts

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Good Lord, people on this forum are too nice sometimes. That article must have been written by a third grader.

View attachment 42493
Photo credit: Christopher Stock -- Miami247

Now that signing day is for the class of 2017 is over, it's time to shift focus to the class of 2018

The Hurricanes dressed everything they needed in 2017, but despite addressing all of their needs, but there's still one position the Canes will target heavily in this recruiting cycle ---- that's the Defensive Back position

Miami currently hold commitments from there defensive backs, two corner backs and one safety, Gilbert Frierson (Coral Gables) , DJ Ivey (South Dade) and Joshua Jobe (Columbus), but there's one cornerback that they're recruiting heavily ---- 2018 American Heritage CB Tyson Campbell

"My recruitment is going well." Said Campbell "There's a lot of schools after me right now."

Campbell was recently at Clemson for there recent Junior Day

"It was a great visit, I loved everything about it."

Campbell has offers from Miami, Clemson, Georgia and others, but there's some schools sticking out for him right now

"Miami, Clemson, Florida, LSU and Ohio St. are recruiting me the hardest right now."

One of those schools is the hometown Hurricanes

"Playing at Miami would be great." Campbell said "it's close to home, Mike Rumph is there and it's a great place to play."

"I'm not ready to make a decision yet, I'm going to take a couple of visit and see after that."

Ty's big sister literally just left my house a few minutes ago and we were talking about his Clemson trip and where he may be leaning right now. Don't get too worried about the Clemson comments. She said he told her the trip was cool, nothing Earth-moving though. He is WIDE OPEN, no clear-cut leader yet and not even close to naming one. IMO, that's great for us as we don't necessarily have to pry him away from another school. He's just gathering information on all of the schools he's seriously considering. Miami is DEFINITELY one of those schools. I constantly remind him that many of these college coaches will tell him anything to get him to commit to their programs but I highly doubt that any of them will have his back like Rumph. Sometimes the best decisions are the simple ones.

**** shame he's so wide open and that we're trying to take some solace in the fact he hasn't committed to Clemson when he's right down the road and his second father figure is the CB coach here. You'd hope by this point in his life with his relationship with Rumph that we'd either have a commitment or be way out in front.

Honestly bruh as long as we win his recruitment I can't really bytch. Because we're not the monsters we use to be so we're stuck playing these Fyuck ***** games until we get our clout back.

I'LL TELL YOU THIS THOUGH IF RUMP LOSES THIS KID HE'S NO BETTER THAN AL GOLDEN TO ME AT THAT POINT. HE EITHER GETS THIS KID TO COMMIT TO US NOW OR LATER OR I SPIT IN HIS FACE NEXT TIME I SEE HIM AND I'M NOT EVEN JOKING I'LL FIGHT THAT ***** STRAIGHT UP.

He better hope he ain't see you and me at the same time if he misses on Campbell because he'll be catching four fists at the same time.

You're into fisting? Makes sense now.

Advertisement
Back