2017 RB Kyshaun Bryan Update -- Decommitted from USCe

CANEMC

⭐️⭐️ Extra Premium
With Anthony McFarland off the Canes’ radar, Miami’s now searching for another running back to join Robert Burns in this class.

And UM may have found one in Kyshaun Bryan.

Just one problem.

Bryan is currently on an official visit to Iowa.

When the talented back got off the plane today and took his phone off flight mode he found multiple messages from Cane coach Thomas Brown.

Bryan quickly called Brown, who asked if he could take an official visit to Miami this weekend.

Unfortunately for Miami, of course, Bryan had already touched down in Iowa.

But Bryan’s father, Everton, confirmed for CaneSport Friday afternoon that his son is indeed interested in becoming a Cane.

“We spoke to coach Brown, I don’t know (about an offer), we haven’t got a chance to really sit down and talk because we’re traveling,” Everton said. “But they did talk. Miami did reach out to him, we had texts when we got off the plane. They want to meet with him.”

That meeting could happen Sunday when Bryan gets back to town.

“He is interested in Miami,” dad said.

So could Bryan become a Cane even without an official visit?

“Right now I would say yes,” Everton said. “We’re not ruling out any school, especially Miami. There is certainly a chance.”

Bryan’s father also weighed in that “I don’t want to disclose anything they (Kyshaun and Brown) talked about as of yet because we’re on an official visit right now to Iowa.”

Before today Bryan had whittled down his top choices to South Carolina (where he's committed), Pittsburgh (where he visited last weekend) and Iowa.

Bryan is a very soft commitment to the Gamecocks, and he'd previously said he'll announce a decision at some point after this final visit.

Now we may wait till signing day to find out what could be an interesting end to his recruitment.

A wildcard in all this?

Bryan is good friends with Sony Michel, who played under Brown at Georgia.

Stay tuned.

CaneSport's take

Miami is going to work hard to try and land another quality RB in this class, and Bryan seems like he might be a good fit. We'll have much more on him Sunday once he wraps up this visit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Epstein> bryan imo. I'm ok with just takin burns this class because kyshaun will never see the field here

Brown had 1 job and that was to close on the blue chip APB from DC...

Bryan aint on mcfarland level at all....

Advertisement
I wish we would just save the scholly.

Don't agree with this argument getting tossed around. Every year there is attrition. Trust the coaches. If they believe we should give this guy a scholarship as a plan B at RB, then I'm all for it.

This is why in the other thread I said, if they knew yesterday and they wanted this guy why didn't they contact him last night and try and get him for an OV this weekend, and to skip Iowa?

I've said it before and I'm going to keep saying it. If all things are equal between a few kids, go hardest after the one from STA. Looking for some last minute class fillers? STA. It is absolutely unacceptable the amount of D-1 talent from there that goes elsewhere. Taking a guy here and there who may not be Miami quality will be worth it if it helps Miami establish a real foothold there.

Advertisement
This is why in the other thread I said, if they knew yesterday and they wanted this guy why didn't they contact him last night and try and get him for an OV this weekend, and to skip Iowa?

Sounds like they didn't know yesterday. Pete told us this morning he was gone, which is probably when the staff found out.

I've said it before and I'm going to keep saying it. If all things are equal between a few kids, go hardest after the one from STA. Looking for some last minute class fillers? STA. It is absolutely unacceptable the amount of D-1 talent from there that goes elsewhere. Taking a guy here and there who may not be Miami quality will be worth it if it helps Miami establish a real foothold there.

I have no idea the connections Bryan has at STA but I believe he was only there for 1 year after playing at heritage

not sure how much of a foothold he would help us with there

But then again most of their top players aren't at STA for 4 years

Sounds like they didn't know yesterday. Pete told us this morning he was gone, which is probably when the staff found out.

So because Pete didn't say something until today they didn't know? Here is info from another person who knows the situation...

Reason why I said I respect the jit was because he called UM yesterday around 6 and told them he was going to Maryland and putting on for his hometown. He didnt drag it out till signing and Brown had ample time to find another Back to offer.

So again the question stands, if you knew yesterday and you knew Bryan was an option you wanted to explore why not contact him and see if you could get the last OV instead of Iowa?

Last edited:
Advertisement
With Anthony McFarland off the Canes’ radar, Miami’s now searching for another running back to join Robert Burns in this class.

And UM may have found one in Kyshaun Bryan.

Just one problem.

Bryan is currently on an official visit to Iowa.

When the talented back got off the plane today and took his phone off flight mode he found multiple messages from Cane coach Thomas Brown.

Bryan quickly called Brown, who asked if he could take an official visit to Miami this weekend.

Unfortunately for Miami, of course, Bryan had already touched down in Iowa.

But Bryan’s father, Everton, confirmed for CaneSport Friday afternoon that his son is indeed interested in becoming a Cane.

“We spoke to coach Brown, I don’t know (about an offer), we haven’t got a chance to really sit down and talk because we’re traveling,” Everton said. “But they did talk. Miami did reach out to him, we had texts when we got off the plane. They want to meet with him.”

That meeting could happen Sunday when Bryan gets back to town.

“He is interested in Miami,” dad said.

So could Bryan become a Cane even without an official visit?

“Right now I would say yes,” Everton said. “We’re not ruling out any school, especially Miami. There is certainly a chance.”

Bryan’s father also weighed in that “I don’t want to disclose anything they (Kyshaun and Brown) talked about as of yet because we’re on an official visit right now to Iowa.”

Before today Bryan had whittled down his top choices to South Carolina (where he's committed), Pittsburgh (where he visited last weekend) and Iowa.

Bryan is a very soft commitment to the Gamecocks, and he'd previously said he'll announce a decision at some point after this final visit.

Now we may wait till signing day to find out what could be an interesting end to his recruitment.

A wildcard in all this?

Bryan is good friends with Sony Michel, who played under Brown at Georgia.

Stay tuned.

CaneSport's take

Miami is going to work hard to try and land another quality RB in this class, and Bryan seems like he might be a good fit. We'll have much more on him Sunday once he wraps up this visit.

This post from Miami Rivals

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back