2017 Miami Central LB Waynmon Steed to the U!

No no no. Thank you poppa Steed!

Welcome to the U!

Been pushing and promoting your son here in the past along with some other posters, glad Miami offered last week and now your son is committed to the U!

Advertisement
Thanks my fellow Canes fans for the blessings.
Here are Waynmon's numbers from the Nike Camp today.
40 yard laser 4.73 (I had him at a 4.55 hand time)
20 yard shuttle 4.38
Power ball 34
Vertical 30.5

Nice. 40 time will improve as he learns how to run it. I personally don't put too much stock into it anyway. Impressive vertical though. Congratulations.

All these kids know Butch is coming back at end of season and want a shot him picking them.

How many times are you going to post the same thing?

As many times as I feel like. Well, at least once for every dollar I ever gave to THE U. Don't hold your breath because that is a fairly large number. Aside from that, Welcome to THE U young man.

Advertisement
clap2.gif

Thanks my fellow Canes fans for the blessings.
Here are Waynmon's numbers from the Nike Camp today.
40 yard laser 4.73 (I had him at a 4.55 hand time)
20 yard shuttle 4.38
Power ball 34
Vertical 30.5

That 4.73 is a excellent time which will convert to a 4.5 like you mentioned with hand time and I would also suggest that he does track because even if he runs and loses every race(which is highly unlikely) against guys who are going to college on track scholarships, it will set him up for the future. Kids get it wrong when they think they have to run a 4.3 to make it big, all you have to do is run a good time and if you really want to stand out run the best time for your position which steed has the ability to do come senior year. Can't wait to see this guy rocking green and orange, we have a good one on our hands.

Advertisement
Lol at dudes getting excited Ova dis **** knowing we will get smashed dis season.

what's the point of this **** ?? so we get a commitment from a stud LB and because we will lose some games this season we should just not be happy for the kid and his dad. really? sad as ****

Wait till NSD to get excited

Kids will flip class will fall apart

Take that **** somewhere else. Let this dude enjoy a thread about his kid committing to UM without you spraying liquid ***** everywhere.

Congrats to the young man and proud papa

Advertisement
Highly inappropriate for this **** in a thread about a commitment. Welcome to the U and try to ignore the fsu trolls

few quotes from the kid per Canesport.

"I picked Miami because i love their school, the facilities are great and i love the coaches

"I've always been a Miami fan. I'm really excited. I love the U."

Is it me or are we starting to hear and see more kids who are actually fans of the school commit more to the U?

we are targeting the right type of kids. They love the U. They know what Miami can be if the talent stays home and puts on for their city.

So for four years Al has been targeting the WRONG type of kid? Lots of kids love THE U. What young kid would not want to be on the team that brought THE U back? To be a Cane of the old days is everyone dream. We have seen this before, Al gets kids excited and then the season starts and they see the coach he is NOT and class goes downhill. I believe these kids expect a new coach and want a chance to be in if the like the new hire. A coach is all Miami ever has needed, just a decent coach.

Advertisement
Ain't sure if ya understood me, no disrespect to Steed hope he sticks. Cnut a lot of guys should know better always have to wait till NSD maybe we won't have to with this kid.

Advertisement
Back