2016 MLB Draft Thread

Advertisement
I think Montgomery has already (or about to) sign. Hunter Tackett is coming, drafted late rounds, but he has said he's coming. Will start in Abreu's spot I would think. What about Reese Cooley? Haven't heard much about him. I would think Ruiz comes back and tries to play himself higher but who knows. Does he slide to SS since all 3 SS we had coming in are most likely signing? Or does Batista play there? No clue maybe they still have a plan. We could use getting those pitchers on campus but I haven't heard anything on Rios or Studstill. Veliz coming certainly helps. If they would have done Coopers TJ surgery when he actually got hurt we would have had a head start on his recovery, but oh well. Hopefully Romy takes a big step too and maybe can DH.

Ruiz should come back. He would drastically improve his draft position.

Rockies perfect for Abreu. His fielding ad hitting in that thin air.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Does anyone have any info on Mason Studstill? I mean I know he was drafted in the 22nd round or something but could he be a two way player for us or is he strictly a pitcher?

I have him listed as a corner infielder because that's what he was at the PerfectGame showcases. He was pretty impressive with the bat as well.

Is he definitely coming to Miami?

I'm out in Omaha and was talking to a relative of one of our better players yesterday. TIFWIW he said all of our guys that where drafted will go pro. The kids realize at this point they need to be developed. He said this staff simply doesn't coach up players, besides JD. He said he does an ok job.

Advertisement
I'm out in Omaha and was talking to a relative of one of our better players yesterday. TIFWIW he said all of our guys that where drafted will go pro. The kids realize at this point they need to be developed. He said this staff simply doesn't coach up players, besides JD. He said he does an ok job.

Not saying you weren't told that, but considering our history under Morris this is complete BS. Lopez got a million times better throughout his career, Collins took his game to a whole different level and it showed in the draft, Chester developed extremely well from last yr to this yr, etc. IF anything our pitching is what hasn't been developed properly. I just posted in the Morris thread about how Woodrey completely flopped this yr, D. Garcia's 2nd half of the yr was terrible, etc.

Still think it would be an extremely bad decision for Johnny and Heyward to leave. Obviously I don't know there backstory well enough to mock them for the decision. But if Heyward can become a .300 type hitter and bat in the middle of our lineup next yr he will get drafted a lot higher. And then Johnny getting drafted so late, there's really only way to go for him in the draft and that's up.

Not saying you weren't told that, but considering our history under Morris this is complete BS. Lopez got a million times better throughout his career, Collins took his game to a whole different level and it showed in the draft, Chester developed extremely well from last yr to this yr, etc. IF anything our pitching is what hasn't been developed properly. I just posted in the Morris thread about how Woodrey completely flopped this yr, D. Garcia's 2nd half of the yr was terrible, etc.

Still think it would be an extremely bad decision for Johnny and Heyward to leave. Obviously I don't know there backstory well enough to mock them for the decision. But if Heyward can become a .300 type hitter and bat in the middle of our lineup next yr he will get drafted a lot higher. And then Johnny getting drafted so late, there's really only way to go for him in the draft and that's up.

Like I said, just relaying what one of the players fam said.

Which player?

Because I was told the exact opposite thing by one of JHeyward's relatives at the GT series. They raved about how Miami was one of the few schools where the coaches still "taught baseball," and the development of kids like Colllins, Lopez, Ruiz, and Chester obviously backs that up.

So again, whose relative was it? Don't anonymously post BS then try to claim it was something you were "told by a relative"

Which player?

Because I was told the exact opposite thing by one of JHeyward's relatives at the GT series. They raved about how Miami was one of the few schools where the coaches still "taught baseball," and the development of kids like Colllins, Lopez, Ruiz, and Chester obviously backs that up.

So again, whose relative was it? Don't anonymously post BS then try to claim it was something you were "told by a relative"

Check PM

Advertisement
I think Michalangeli and Ruiz got a whole lot better as well, only one who didn't take the step forward was Heyward

I spoke to the Heyward family twice while living in Atlanta and they RAVE about how Miami teaches baseball. I would be shocked if Heyward did not return. Heyward could have gone to GTech or the Dawgs and chose Miami because his family thinks so highly of the way Miami teaches baseball.

Collins' father lauds Miami baseball every chance he gets. Collins made $2.7 million by signing with the Miami Hurricanes.

MOrris has detailed records of signing bonuses offered before and after Miami, and it definitively justifies going to Miami. Obviously, the high draft picks never matriculate so the sample is biased, but the difference pre and post Miami is stark.

Frankly, I think that you are a liar because EVERY scout I have spoken to since the mid-eighties lauds Miami's teaching practices. Go to any game, against any big-time opponent, and talk to any scout. They rave about how we teach the game. Heck, go to a Marlins event and mention MOrris to Mattingly and see what he says (hint, "excellent fundamentals").

Advertisement

This. JD is a joke but the rest of the staff is legit.

Advertisement

This. JD is a joke but the rest of the staff is legit.

Like I said earlier, this is just what I was told.. Never said I agreed with it.

I spoke to the Heyward family twice while living in Atlanta and they RAVE about how Miami teaches baseball. I would be shocked if Heyward did not return. Heyward could have gone to GTech or the Dawgs and chose Miami because his family thinks so highly of the way Miami teaches baseball.

Collins' father lauds Miami baseball every chance he gets. Collins made $2.7 million by signing with the Miami Hurricanes.

MOrris has detailed records of signing bonuses offered before and after Miami, and it definitively justifies going to Miami. Obviously, the high draft picks never matriculate so the sample is biased, but the difference pre and post Miami is stark.

Frankly, I think that you are a liar because EVERY scout I have spoken to since the mid-eighties lauds Miami's teaching practices. Go to any game, against any big-time opponent, and talk to any scout. They rave about how we teach the game. Heck, go to a Marlins event and mention MOrris to Mattingly and see what he says (hint, "excellent fundamentals").

Good call.

Good call.

:nba-kobe_bryant-ups

Advertisement
Back