2016 MLB Draft Thread

Advertisement
Buddy, I think it's time for you to stay quiet for a little bit. It seems like you like to throw out you know this person and you know that person all the time. Which I think is kind of funny, that on a message board you need to constantly tell people who you know. I mean really, who in the **** cares? When it comes down to it, you were just DEAD *** WRONG. So again, I think it's best you stay quiet.
That's funny last time I checked almost everything I've said on the football board turns out to be true...especially about Trevon grimes...maybe you should stick to not posting

This coming from a 20 year old punk, who is just that, a punk. Read and learn, you're on a message board, no one gives a crap about what you have to say. Do us all a favor and go back inside, keep reminiscing about your glorious baseball days and what could have been or shall I say, what never would have been.

From all the "info" you have brought here about yourself, the entire board could write your **** autobiography for you. Again, no one cares that you played college ball or were supposed to. No one cares about who you know. No one cares about how many degrees you have. Come to think of it, you are the definition of a narcissist. Now again little boy, go back under the rock you crawled under from and keep you laughable info to yourself.

You sound a little rustled lmao, btw I'm pretty sure punks don't fight fires and run EMS calls for a living. Your probably a nice little tough guy behind a keyboard calling people punks but 20 says you don't have the gonads to say it to anyone's face, Have fun with your meaningless 9-5.

LMAOOOOOO. You can't make this stuff up, you simply can't. So let me get this straight, you are 20 years old, played college ball on a scholly or were going to before you got injured. You have already earned 1 degree and are on pace to earn a 2nd. And now you are also are a firefighter and also provide emergency medical services? I'm assuming you have climbed Mt. Everest, mastered 9 different languages and are a Navy Seal as well.

You have to be the biggest compulsive liar I have ever seen on a message board. Good Lord you need some help.

P.S. There you went again talking about yourself by the way.

Maybe I got hurt in the fall and because I wasn't playing baseball anymore I dual enrolled at my community college and did my first year and then did my paramedics in a year and a half to get my paramedics degree STD...PS that's your new screen name now

Last edited:
A "duel" normally involves pistols, though, other arms are sometimes used as well.

The word that you were seeking is "dual".

A "duel" normally involves pistols, though, other arms are sometimes used as well.

The word that you were seeking is "dual".

I actually didn't even catch that, thanks I got auto spell on my iPad and the stupid thing is always finishing words for me

Advertisement
Also, this was a tweet earlier from Canes commit Mike Amditis.

Mike amditis ‏@Mamditis 58m58 minutes ago
Can't wait to resume my baseball career with [MENTION=1140]CaneSB[/MENTION]aseball . Beyond exited !
1 retweet 10 likes
Reply Retweet 1 Liked 10
More

Getting him on campus is a huge win. He should be our replacement for Collins behind the plate.

If you're taken in the top-5 rounds you are almost a lock to sign due to the bonus pool slotting system and the impact it has on a team if the player doesn't sign.

The reason you see players tweeting about signing so quickly is teams call them prior to drafting them and check on their prices. Often times, the high school kids picked in that 3rd-5th round teams call the prospect and ask if they would sign for ***. If the answer is yes, they take them. If the answer is no, they move to another player and either take that player off their board, or won't draft them until late in the draft to use as a fallback in case one of their higher picks doesn't sign and they need a fallback.

After you get through the 10th round, you tend to have to worry about the 11th round, as that is the round that players who fall in the draft due to bonus demands start to normally go as teams with big bonus pools will take those kids and try to entice them to sign. If they balk, it doesn't impact your bonus pool. This is why you see a ton of college seniors taken in the 9th/10th rounds and then all of a sudden a bunch of HS/Juco kids going in the 11th.

After the 11th/12th round area, teams start to find organizational talent who can fill in gaps in their minor league system that they can use to fill out teams and develop their actual prospects.

2 key guys in this recruiting class that we need to get on campus are Amiditis and Veliz.

Both are HS all-americans, but haven't been selected yet. Amditis would be our catcher for the next 3 years. Veliz can throw in the high 90's and would likely be our closer for the next 3

Advertisement
Danny Garcia selected in the 15th round
Canes JUCO LHP commit Willie Rios selected in the 16th round
Jacob Heyward selected in the 18th round
Canes RHP commit Mason Studstill selected in the 22nd round
Canes JUCO IF commit Brandon Montgomery selected in the 26th round
Johnny Ruiz selected in the 28th round

Last edited:
Out of the draft-eligible position starters, Batista, Michelangelii, and Barr went undrafted.

The only drafted guy who might come back is Heyward (due to money being no issue), but I still doubt it.

I'm guessing Montgomery and Rios will go pro, but it would be huge if we could get Studstill to sign here.

Is there anyone that might come back if they are low balled? What was the lefty that went in the second round, Suarez, that came back for his senior year a few years ago? That was a low ball issue, or some other reason?

Advertisement
Is there anyone that might come back if they are low balled? What was the lefty that went in the second round, Suarez, that came back for his senior year a few years ago? That was a low ball issue, or some other reason?

I could def see the JUCO guys, not one of the players, getting low balled.

I think Montgomery has already (or about to) sign. Hunter Tackett is coming, drafted late rounds, but he has said he's coming. Will start in Abreu's spot I would think. What about Reese Cooley? Haven't heard much about him. I would think Ruiz comes back and tries to play himself higher but who knows. Does he slide to SS since all 3 SS we had coming in are most likely signing? Or does Batista play there? No clue maybe they still have a plan. We could use getting those pitchers on campus but I haven't heard anything on Rios or Studstill. Veliz coming certainly helps. If they would have done Coopers TJ surgery when he actually got hurt we would have had a head start on his recovery, but oh well. Hopefully Romy takes a big step too and maybe can DH.

Advertisement
I think Montgomery has already (or about to) sign. Hunter Tackett is coming, drafted late rounds, but he has said he's coming. Will start in Abreu's spot I would think. What about Reese Cooley? Haven't heard much about him. I would think Ruiz comes back and tries to play himself higher but who knows. Does he slide to SS since all 3 SS we had coming in are most likely signing? Or does Batista play there? No clue maybe they still have a plan. We could use getting those pitchers on campus but I haven't heard anything on Rios or Studstill. Veliz coming certainly helps. If they would have done Coopers TJ surgery when he actually got hurt we would have had a head start on his recovery, but oh well. Hopefully Romy takes a big step too and maybe can DH.

Cooley is coming to Miami.

Him, Tackett, and Davison are all almost locks to start next year coming from the JUCO ranks.

Getting Rios on campus would be huge. We need a lefty in the bullpen and he has the potential to be a shutdown guy.

Does anyone have any info on Mason Studstill? I mean I know he was drafted in the 22nd round or something but could he be a two way player for us or is he strictly a pitcher?

Does anyone have any info on Mason Studstill? I mean I know he was drafted in the 22nd round or something but could he be a two way player for us or is he strictly a pitcher?

I have him listed as a corner infielder because that's what he was at the PerfectGame showcases. He was pretty impressive with the bat as well.

Advertisement
Back