2016 DB James Pierre commits

Advertisement
That makes six (6) DBs. I guess we're through at DBs.

That's not how recruiting works. The group we have in May is not the group we'll have in February. We will keep recruiting guys and some of the ones we currently have will flip or be dropped. Every single year it happens.

Are these the kind of guys Darrow is turning the staff in!? Like this kid mayne

Advertisement

We're not done yet. I expect two more DBs. Another corner and another safety.

Now that's just really ridiculous. Quit overloading positions..

Love the pickup with James Pierre. He is a die hard cane. Here is what his coach says about him
@russswain100: @TheStateOfTheU u aint gotta worry about this one flippin' ur gonna have 2 kill em to stop him from wearing orange and green! #destiny

Was talking with some people on twitter about this kid.

He's been blowing up recently receiving a lot of offers from school and it will continue. D1 programs have been flocking to Deerfield lately.

This is the type of kid that ends up at Auburn or Louisville and we kick ourselves on why didn't he end up here.

I'm a fan of this pickup.

He's a free safety and could play some nickel. What stands out to me is his range and his field awareness. He has a knack for making plays on the ball and especially with the ball in his hands. Nice speed and twitchy. Reminds me of Robert Knowles a bit actually but Knowles more of an aggressive hitter and Pierre has more versatility.

High 3* type but I can easily see him bumped into a 4* after his senior year.

My opinion on #SWAG16 . I like the class, great class. I do have one or two commits I'm still questionable on but it's a nice class. I expect this class to have about 30 range of signees.

Love the pickup with James Pierre. He is a die hard cane. Here is what his coach says about him
@russswain100: @TheStateOfTheU u aint gotta worry about this one flippin' ur gonna have 2 kill em to stop him from wearing orange and green! #destiny

They're trying to fix the depth situation in this class. At the very least we add one more DB.

I expect Studstill in the class.

He's been blowing up recently receiving a lot of offers from school and it will continue. D1 programs have been flocking to Deerfield lately.

This is the type of kid that ends up at Auburn or Louisville and we kick ourselves on why didn't he end up here.

He's a free safety and could play some nickel. What stands out to me is his range and his field awareness. He has a knack for making plays on the ball and especially with the ball in his hands. Nice speed and twitchy. Reminds me of Robert Knowles a bit actually but Knowles more of an aggressive hitter and Pierre has more versatility.

My opinion on #SWAG16 . I like the class, great class. I do have one or two commits I'm still questionable on but it's a nice class. I expect this class to have about 30 range of signees.
How would the lost of crawford come in play is that an extra scholly?

Advertisement

Agree, but need 2/3 DT's and OLinemen. Another speed receiver in Pie or ?.

They're trying to fix the depth situation in this class. At the very least we add one more DB.

I think we grab the kid from Niceville

I think Crawford was a Senior. He was graduating anyways so not sure how it affects '16

I think Crawford was a Senior. He was graduating anyways so not sure how it affects '16
Very true. Didnt think about that.

Advertisement

I think we grab the kid from Niceville

Romeo Finley or Devin Studstill. I would be happy with either.

I'm sure we'll be in the thick of it for Jamel Cook till the end but I don't think we flip him.

Agree, but need 2/3 DT's and OLinemen. Another speed receiver in Pie or ?.

Agreed on the DTs. Think we should take 1 or 2 OL, but quality.

At receiver. Give me anywhere from 1-3 of Pie, Newbold, Snelson or Pinder and I'm happy there. I doubt we take 3, even though it could happen if someone wants in who they would make room for. I expect one more WR in the class and the most two more.

this a kid that started to make waves before the spring...Love the pickup...he flashed anytime oyu watched deerfield.

Cant be mad as th ebig dogs were already flocking to him....And seems to be all cane...

No brainer pickup at safety...Devin Gil aint a safety at all,

Advertisement
this a kid that started to make waves before the spring...Love the pickup...he flashed anytime oyu watched deerfield.

Cant be mad as th ebig dogs were already flocking to him....And seems to be all cane...

No brainer pickup at safety...Devin Gil aint a safety at all,

I agree. Gil too stiff to be a S. He's a LB at next level but needs to put on mass.

This kid ended up making the Steelers.

So Josh Uche, Zach Moss, James Pierre are all three star decommits/drops from the Class of ‘16 that ended up in the NFL. James Wiggins should join them soon.
Ok, I'm gonna be honest (and I may get roasted), none of these losses were THAT bad.

Josh Uche is a great player but we've had no issues rushing the passer

Zack is a **** of a player and a legacy (Santana/Sinorice) but we've had pretty **** good RBs playing in the time he was in college

Pierre & Wiggins hurt but we've been pretty good recruiting safety & have had good safety play the time they were in college, although it would've been nice for one of them to take Robert Knowles' snaps.

Our biggest issues between 2016 & now have been QB, OL, WR, LB & corner.

Advertisement
Back