2014 Top 100 QB David Cornwell got offered

This kid has the body and arm of Ryan Mallett, hopefully without the bag of **** where his brain should be. There's not a lot left to say really. He looks the part of an NFL QB right now.

Ryan Mallett's arm is WAY stronger than this kid's. Mallett has the strongest arm I've ever seen.

Advertisement
This kid has the body and arm of Ryan Mallett, hopefully without the bag of **** where his brain should be. There's not a lot left to say really. He looks the part of an NFL QB right now.

Ryan Mallett's arm is WAY stronger than this kid's. Mallett has the strongest arm I've ever seen.

Its a good comparison though. I've never seen anything like Mallett's armstrength either.
Also, they also knocked Aaron Rodgers on his arm slot coming out of college. Dude is the best quarterback on the planet.

Its a good comparison though. I've never seen anything like Mallett's armstrength either.
Also, they also knocked Aaron Rodgers on his arm slot coming out of college. Dude is the best quarterback on the planet.

Ryans arm is one of a kind. When you can throw a football 70-81 Mph consistently according to a velocity gun... That's superhuman type stuff. Ol boy was around at IMG Academy for a couple of days. Dude was throwing BOMBS like it was nothing. A few of the Arena league/College/NFL guys had to ice their hands after he was done.

Scale 1-10, I give him a 6 mehhh. Big boy who sees the field well. Plays everything out of the spread. Average arm strength & maybe below for as big as he is. He surprised me at how mobile he is for his size. Potentially to be a 6'6" 245 QB & you gotta love that. Got some funky mechanics too.

Advertisement
He's doing that against 5'9, 175 pound D-lineman at Jones, I wouldn't crown him yet. See if he can look that good at Edmond North, if the OSSAA grants him eligibility.

// He does have ties to Florida, his family has been all over the world, kid plays at a different school every year it seems.

Scale 1-10, I give him a 6 mehhh. Big boy who sees the field well. Plays everything out of the spread. Average arm strength & maybe below for as big as he is. He surprised me at how mobile he is for his size. Potentially to be a 6'6" 245 QB & you gotta love that. Got some funky mechanics too.

I must be watching a different highlight

How many QBs are we going after in this class? Lot's of offers already out there ... even with Alin commit.

Advertisement
So he'll be. 20 y/o FR when he gets going...

There is a huge difference physically between 17 and 19

**** this kid had 3500 all purpose yards just last year? Does anyone else on his team do anything?

If we take a second QB, he should be the only one. That's assuming nobody transfers between now and 2014.

Advertisement
I think you have to take Edouard as your primary here & then Winky, knowing that he's an athlete who can play multiple positions and most likely produce at one of those other positions. Both will be usable in the future and help recruit the 14' class now. I don't think either will beat Olsen out but they're both more athletic then Olsen and give you some different packages to work with from a read-option stand point.

I think you have to take Edouard as your primary here & then Winky, knowing that he's an athlete who can play multiple positions and most likely produce at one of those other positions. Both will be usable in the future and help recruit the 14' class now. I don't think either will beat Olsen out but they're both more athletic then Olsen and give you some different packages to work with from a read-option stand point.

Ideally they would redshirt to create some separation between them and Olsen

Ideally they would redshirt to create some separation between them and Olsen

I'd agree but Olsen will redshirt this year so still only leaving one year difference.

Advertisement
David Cornwell = Jimmy Clausen (who was also 19 his senior year of HS). Clausen's family had money, so they were able to pull strings and get the waiver completed, and without much media attention to it. We'll see if Cornwell is the next big time recruit to do the same.

And for those wondering, yes, this changes how I look at him. Just like Brisly Estime from the 2013 cycle. Similar, but different based upon their positions.

David Cornwell = Jimmy Clausen (who was also 19 his senior year of HS). Clausen's family had money, so they were able to pull strings and get the waiver completed, and without much media attention to it. We'll see if Cornwell is the next big time recruit to do the same.

And for those wondering, yes, this changes how I look at him. Just like Brisly Estime from the 2013 cycle. Similar, but different based upon their positions.

Brandon Weeden was 28...Wienke was 28

who cares

who cares
I think he means more a grown man in HS competing against non-full grown kids. Weinke and Weeden played same aged kids in HS

who cares
I think he means more a grown man in HS competing against non-full grown kids. Weinke and Weeden played same aged kids in HS

So the 1 or 2 years difference is what would stop me from evaluating the kids skill set? Pardon me if I think that's ridiculous. BTW, I'm almost certain that Chris Leak was older than his competition in High School as well. In the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter. If a guy can ball...he can ball

Advertisement
Back