2014 Top 100 QB David Cornwell got offered

Morris is not a question mark, before last season yes. Going into next season , not so much. Does he have things to work on to become a better player, of course but lets not make it seem like he didnt perform better than most expected, he also ended the season on a tear. Last kid I am worried about

Advertisement
He's trying to get eligibility to play 6A ball (Norman North I believe) this season, played at a small school here (Jones) the previous season. Jones is 2A so he was playing against some weak comp, if he can light it up at Norman I will believe.

He went ot Africa or something for a mission type trip, so he's going to be 19 as a Sr, may not be eligible.

Last edited:
This kid looks like a stronger-armed Christian Ponder, or a mobile Landry Jones. Both of those are meant as compliments.

His stature in the pocket and mechanics reminds me of another QB with a cannon for an arm--Ryan Leaf. The difference? Cornwell seems to throw the ball better on the run than from the pocket...really shows off that arm when he breaks the pocket.

Pure Hypothetical here...

IF Cornwell commits in the summer before Edouard/Flowers; who gets left out?

I would assume that the staff feels about the same w/ either kid, so would it be a first come/first serve deal?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kid is a stud but I'm very happy with baby Jesus lol. Plus I really really really like Alin Edouard!

Pure Hypothetical here...

IF Cornwell commits in the summer before Edouard/Flowers; who gets left out?

I would assume that the staff feels about the same w/ either kid, so would it be a first come/first serve deal?

I think flowers gets left out but that's just cuz I like edouard a lot lol

Advertisement
Off topic but, One thing I think SOME Take for granted is how special of an arm Stephen Morris has. On a pro scale you're talking about a ++++ arm. After he leaves, no one on the roster at the moment has the velocity he has. This kid looks like he MIGHT have that kind of an arm. I know Dorsetts fast, but hypothetically if Travis Benjamin still had eligibility left and played last year...... Stephens arm would have REALLY been on display. Not to say it wasn't last season.

The throw he made to beat NCSU said it all about El Girafe's arm. The dude flicked it 60 yards. Looked like a little flick of the wrist under all kinds of duress, and the ball just kept soaring down field. His arm is as good as we've seen at UM since Vincenzo.

This kid looks like a stronger-armed Christian Ponder, or a mobile Landry Jones. Both of those are meant as compliments.

His stature in the pocket and mechanics reminds me of another QB with a cannon for an arm--Ryan Leaf. The difference? Cornwell seems to throw the ball better on the run than from the pocket...really shows off that arm when he breaks the pocket.

Landry Jones' arm was a pop gun. Couldn't break a chandelier with that thing.

Advertisement

No disrespect BRIB...I always thought Landry's arm wasn't that bad coming out of HS, especially on the deep ball throws.

No disrespect BRIB...I always thought Landry's arm wasn't that bad coming out of HS, especially on the deep ball throws.

None taken, sir. But Jones does not have a plus arm.

Advertisement
Crazy accuracy, and while throwing on the run. Would shock Sooner country if he left state

This kid has the body and arm of Ryan Mallett, hopefully without the bag of **** where his brain should be. There's not a lot left to say really. He looks the part of an NFL QB right now.

I hate to be this guy but.....

I don't like his arm slot. Release is too low for my liking. I know it's a relatively easy fix, but most guys don't change their throwing motion, no matter what.

I still have nightmares of Scott Mitchell getting passes batted down by LBs when he was with the Lions because he threw from a similar low sidearm arm slot.

That being said, this kid is a player. And has an absolute CANNON for an arm.

Advertisement
Back