2014 class size limit = 29

I'm calm, just never understood the obsession over trying to figure out "the numbers". it's every year. it's the last thing I worry about. in the 23 years I've followed recruiting, we've never had a problem or oversigned, I don't think. the coaches and athletic dept know and it just works out. again, if you want to ball park seniors leaving and jrs who may leave and who may transfer and who might not qualify and about 3 other variables, free pawn can be my guest. seems dumb.

How reassuring, I think.

I think you should just move onto a new thread. I don't understand what you are talking about other than complaining about people's curiosity about the number of recruits that can enroll.

Advertisement
what's hard to understand? it useless to talk about the numbers. anyone who thinks they know how many, exactly, we will sign is just guessing. and we've always been under the 85 when the season starts anyway, most years.

I think the coaches know what they are doing.

Op so tell me then Tennessee is way over their number too. 33 commits. They will get in trouble. Come on man.

Let the coaches do their thing. Just sit back and watch the magic at work

what's hard to understand? it useless to talk about the numbers. anyone who thinks they know how many, exactly, we will sign is just guessing. and we've always been under the 85 when the season starts anyway, most years.

I understand your thoughts about people discussing the numbers. I got it.

This part makes little sense:

again, if you want to ball park seniors leaving and jrs who may leave and who may transfer and who might not qualify and about 3 other variables, free pawn can be my guest. seems dumb.

my point was, there are too many variables to even try to figure out the numbers. people think its just an easy formula, as I think free pawn tried to point out in his original post. if that's not the point he was trying to make, that, according to his simple formula, we can only sign 29 this year and we are 28 so theoretically we only have room for 1 more, then i'm wrong.

Advertisement
my point was, there are too many variables to even try to figure out the numbers. people think its just an easy formula, as I think free pawn tried to point out in his original post. if that's not the point he was trying to make, that, according to his simple formula, we can only sign 29 this year and we are 28 so theoretically we only have room for 1 more, then i'm wrong.

Oh, so why can't people discuss them?

if you or someone else wants to speculate on who may turn pro, who and how many might be back, who won't qualify, etc, be my guest. seems silly.

I hate these god**** threads.

The closer to February it gets, the worse it becomes.

136.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
if you or someone else wants to speculate on who may turn pro, who and how many might be back, who won't qualify, etc, be my guest. seems silly.

You are aware that this has nothing to do with the original post. He just was curious about the MOST amount of kids that can enroll (i.e. the rule of 25, not 85).

really? it didn't seem like he was curious. it seemed like he gave us an absolute number of 29 this time around and proceeded to refer to a quote as to why.

really? it didn't seem like he was curious. it seemed like he gave us an absolute number of 29 this time around and proceeded to refer to a quote as to why.

What does it matter if the number is absolute, it is given by a poster. The poster is not a coach, the poster is not in the athletic department. WHO CARES what his "absolute number" is?

Do you think his post is binding on anything? If we somehow enroll 30 kids, will the poster inform the NCAA of his post and say my post was binding, we can't do that.

There is a ton of WRONG in this thread.

First, don't confuse SIGN with ENROLL. Does anyone care how many can sign? It is the amount that can enroll that is is relevant.

Second, the post below as nothing to do with sanctions or the rule of 85. Just the maximum we can enroll per year (i.e. the amount of kids that can enroll between now and summer/fall).

How do we get the ability to enroll 29 (IMO)*:

21 kids signed of which 3 never enrolled (Grooms, Kinnard & Gadbois). We added transfers Michael Williams (DB WF) Blake Ayles (TE USC) and Ryan Williams** (QB Memphis). [21-3+3=21]

Of these 21 kids above, 3 enrolled early (Ayles, Finnie and Pierre) so we had 18 apply to the 2011 class with 7 that could carry over.

+7 (Could Be Applied to 2011)

33 kids signed of which 1 never enrolled (Jean-Louis). [33-1=32]

Of these 32 kids, 9 enrolled early (Crow, Hope, Dewey, Flowers, Gabois, Gunter, Kirby, Hoilett and Witt) but only 7 could be counted towards 2011.

7 of the 32 kids applied to 2011. 25 kids applied toward 2012, so we had 0 scholarship carry over.

0 (Could be applied to 2012)

20 kids signed of which 3 never enrolled (Griffin, Lockley and Bond). We added transfers David Gilbert (DE Wisc), Pat O'Donnell (Cinn P), Naim Mustafaa*** (DE OSU) and Justin Renfrow (DT UVA). [20-3+4=21]

Of these 21 kids, 5 enrolled early (Sandland, Dobard, Knighton, Figueroa and Odogwu ) but none counted towards 2012. We had 21 apply to the 2013 class with a carryover of 4.

My guess is we are at +4. Which means (ignoring sanctions) we could bring in 29 kids, 4 could apply to the 2013 class (if they enrolled early).

+4 (Could be applied to 2013)
+25 (Normal 2014 Max)
29 Ships Available****

*This is not definitive, just my best guess*
**Also, there may be some weird rule that involves graduate transfer and the placement of the scholarships**
***Mustafaa is an interesting thing to watch, if we enroll 30 and Mustafaa is not playing next year (talk to Ariz) then my guess is this ship may not have counted***
****More kids can enroll early but only 4 can apply to 2013****

This. Good job.

Only other thing to consider is our scholly reductions. We don't want to have to take all 9 the last year.

Advertisement
I don't care, but, you are telling me to calm down and that isn't what the OP was about, but, when I point out that that actually IS what his post was about, you say "who cares". lol.

I don't care, but, you are telling me to calm down and that isn't what the OP was about, but, when I point out that that actually IS what his post was about, you say "who cares". lol.

I said who cares what his number is (as if it is written and binding by the OP), not who cares about the topic. Read slower.

Advertisement
I remember that one time when we all worried about numbers working out and it solved the problem. Then there was that other time that numbers did not work out and we missed out on the best players. A third time Miami was forced to eliminate current players to make room for commits - those players were not to be heard of again.

Please keep worrying about this.

So, 28 right now with Trayone Gray and still hoping to get Langham, one of our earliest commits in. Makes, ummmmm, 29. Weird......

Advertisement
Back