2014 class size limit = 29

FreePawn

Last ******* Week.
Goddammit, can´t believe this really needs it´s own thread. But I keep hearing people talk about attrition to the current roster opening up space in this class. Attrition will 100% happen, as it does every year, but this is why it doesn ´t matter and why the absolute maximum number of kids we can enroll this time around is 29:

This year´s limit is 29. We cannot sign more than that. We have 28 commits, we have room for 1 more. If we want to sign other players like the ones you mention, attrition will have to come from those committed players, not from players already on the team.

Once again, unlike last year, the 85 limit has nothing to do with our class size this year. What´s limiting class size this time around is the 25 scholly per cycle limit that the NCAA imposes, not the overall size of the roster. The only way to exceed that is to sign a smaller class the year before (we signed 21). Then, you can "fill up" that previous year´s class. But only with EEs, and only by as many as you were under the limit.

An example: we signed 21 players last season. So if we were to have, say, 11 EEs this time around, 4 of them could be counted as class of 2013 players, the rest as 2014 players. Thus allowing us to sign this years 25 plus 4. More than that is impossible, even if Golden were to cull the roster to just 40 players, the NCAA does not allow you to enroll more than 25 per cycle.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We have room for one more......sure.

Please explain how we are going to get around a rule that does not allow us to enroll more than 25 a year.

We are after and will sign other kids. But we will only have room for them because some of the guys currently on the commit list will not enroll here for 2014.

We have room for one more......sure.

Please explain how we are going to get around a rule that does not allow us to enroll more than 25 a year.

We are after and will sign other kids. But we will only have room for them because some of the guys currently on the commit list will not enroll here for 2014.

EE count against next year. We had 18 commits last year? so we can get 7 to count towards last years class.

It's 21 if the 5th year transfers count as initial counters and Mustaafa counts as well. There could be as many as 33 in this class.

don't worry the staff will make sure the best ones get in...at least i hope

Advertisement
29 if none of the 21 from the previous year were EE that counted towards the year before.

You mean 2012? The year we enrolled 31 kids by being able to count 6 back to 2011? No room to backcount any 2013 kids to that class.

I dont see where we signed 21 guys last year either unless i'm missing something. Truth is you dont know the exact number unless you know how many were EE last year, and the year before, and the year before, etc. Someone posted a breakdown of it before estimating how many we have EE over the past 5-6 years and how many we should be able to take this year. But I dont remember the thread it was in.

It's 21 if the 5th year transfers count as initial counters and Mustaafa counts as well. There could be as many as 33 in this class.

Unfortunately, transfers count.

don't worry the staff will make sure the best ones get in...at least i hope

Of course they will, and that´s what really counts. There will be attrition that aids them in this, but it will have to be from the current commits.

Are you 100 percent sure about this. Awhile back I talked to a coach/technically recruiting staff from another school and he told me 28 kids can sign every year.

Advertisement
I dont see where we signed 21 guys last year either unless i'm missing something. Truth is you dont know the exact number unless you know how many were EE last year, and the year before, and the year before, etc. Someone posted a breakdown of it before estimating how many we have EE over the past 5-6 years and how many we should be able to take this year. But I dont remember the thread it was in.

The total number of EEs is not what matters, only the amount of them that can be counted towads the previous class. The 2012 class we maxed out completely, which is why it is so easy to predict how much room we have this time around.

Advertisement
We are recruiting multiple prospects still. Doubtful we only have 1 spot open for these multiple recruits.

Burns, Carter, Coley, Dobard, Edwards, Elder, Figs, Gall, Grace, Knighton, Lewis III, AQM, Odogwu, Olsen, Tucker, Odonnell, Renfrow, Kamalu, Sandland, Gilbert=20

Figs, Odogwu, Sandland, Knighton, Dobard enrolled early

2012 had 32 recruits, it was a full 25 so the 5 2013 EE counted towards 2013, so it looks like 5 EE towards 2013 and a full 25 is 30 total scholarships available.

At a minimum I see 30 depending on how you count 5th year graduate transfers it could be 33. I see 30-33 unless I missed someone.

Goddammit, can´t believe this really needs it´s own thread. But I keep hearing people talk about attrition to the current roster opening up space in this class. Attrition will 100% happen, as it does every year, but this is why it doesn ´t matter and why the absolute maximum number of kids we can enroll this time around is 29:

This year´s limit is 29. We cannot sign more than that. We have 28 commits, we have room for 1 more. If we want to sign other players like the ones you mention, attrition will have to come from those committed players, not from players already on the team.

Once again, unlike last year, the 85 limit has nothing to do with our class size this year. What´s limiting class size this time around is the 25 scholly per cycle limit that the NCAA imposes, not the overall size of the roster. The only way to exceed that is to sign a smaller class the year before (we signed 21). Then, you can "fill up" that previous year´s class. But only with EEs, and only by as many as you were under the limit.

An example: we signed 21 players last season. So if we were to have, say, 11 EEs this time around, 4 of them could be counted as class of 2013 players, the rest as 2014 players. Thus allowing us to sign this years 25 plus 4. More than that is impossible, even if Golden were to cull the roster to just 40 players, the NCAA does not allow you to enroll more than 25 per cycle.

We signed 16 last year to scholly's.
Olsen, Edwards,Sandland, tucker, coley, do bard, Knighton, odogwu,gall, AQM, fig, grace, Carter, burns, elder and RLIII.
Griffin and Lockley don't count for last year.
I'm pretty sure graduate transfers don't count.

With 16 last year that means we can have 9 early entries back counted for last year meaning we can sign 37.
37-9=28.
25 is the hard number for each year but the NCAA allows you to sign 28 to allow for academic fallout.

Our current roster shows 55 scholly's players after you take out the 19 seniors. Yes, we played this year down 11 players. Not like fighting with one hand behind your back, just one hand down at your side.

With 55 players on scholly's not counting early draft entries like maybe DP that means with no other attrition we can add 30 scholarship players.

We will also have 7 5th year seniors next year in Gunter, perry, McDermott, feliciano, Bunche, Walford and Ryan Williams.
If any of them are graduating soon, then I'm pretty sure they wouldn't count as football scholarship players but as graduate students.

What all this means is that we can take a shiitload of players.
Well into the 30's.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back