2014 Brooklyn DT Thomas Holley offered

That is true!

It's not like it has to be a yes or no thing. Like anything else, there is a spectrum. Some coaches can be nasty negative recruiters that lie about things and paint pictures of simple truths and twist them into ridiculous and awful appearances. And others are much less awful, but still do some downplaying of competing schools or somehow try to plant an idea in a recruit's head that works against a competing school. Believing that Muschamp is some saint like figure that will never mention anything in the realm of another school in a non-positive light is bordering on lunacy

Muschamp is not a saint at all and I wouldnt want a coach that was.

http://recruiting.blogs.gatorsports.com/14923/muschamp-masters-art-of-the-flip/

Fowler said it was hard to see his son ditch FSU, but he didn’t want to force him to stick with the Seminoles. He eventually embraced Dante Jr. going to UF because of how Muschamp recruited him.

“Not one time did he say anything bad about Florida State to me or my son, not one time,” he said. “And that was kind of a shock because we got that from other schools. But Will never talked about them. He and his staff just made us feel comfortable.

Advertisement
This kid must be very athletic if he used to ball we need all the DTs we can get

He has only played 8 games and is very open to all schools. Holley says he will camp at some places this summer but doesnt know where yet.

Last edited:
Is it gonna become a regularity for us to fight f$u for ny prospects lulz

Appears that way. Luckily for us, I really can't see a kid from NY deciding to live in Tally over Miami that often. If he's spent his whole life in NY, Miami is a much more comfortable transition than some podunk piece of **** hellhole.

i hope you're right, but the "podunk Tallahassee [or Gainesville]" argument has not held up all that well in the past. Think of Eddie Goldman from DC, UF's Floyd from Philly, or Marvin Austin who went to Chapel Hill. Whether UM fans want to admit it or not, city-based recruits often end up in small college towns.

It brings to mind the argument that UM is a better school academically than FSU. For the vast majority of the top level recruits, the difference is negligible, if not nonexistent. these kids (and their families) are just thrilled to see them heading to a 4-year school to get a degree, irrespective of the US News rankings.

DC is not New York. For much of its history, D.C. was really a southern town. It only started to change during the Kennedy Administration, in the 1960's. Maryland is north of D.C. and south of the Mason Dixon line. My cousins from the Washington area spoke with accents that sounded slightly with a southern twang. You won't hear that now, but they grew up in the '50 and '60's. So many of the blacks in D.C. have roots in the Carolinas. They often still have family there. (Just like a lot of blacks in Chicago came up from other parts of the south, like Mississippi).

That is true!

It's not like it has to be a yes or no thing. Like anything else, there is a spectrum. Some coaches can be nasty negative recruiters that lie about things and paint pictures of simple truths and twist them into ridiculous and awful appearances. And others are much less awful, but still do some downplaying of competing schools or somehow try to plant an idea in a recruit's head that works against a competing school. Believing that Muschamp is some saint like figure that will never mention anything in the realm of another school in a non-positive light is bordering on lunacy

Muschamp is not a saint at all and I wouldnt want a coach that was.

http://recruiting.blogs.gatorsports.com/14923/muschamp-masters-art-of-the-flip/

Fowler said it was hard to see his son ditch FSU, but he didn’t want to force him to stick with the Seminoles. He eventually embraced Dante Jr. going to UF because of how Muschamp recruited him.

“Not one time did he say anything bad about Florida State to me or my son, not one time,” he said. “And that was kind of a shock because we got that from other schools. But Will never talked about them. He and his staff just made us feel comfortable.

Close the books! This one is wrapped up! That is definitely tangible absolute evidence of Muschamp and his coaching staff's [hint hint] entire scheme of recruiting prowess. There never has been nor will there ever be any type of recruiting pitch by Muschamp's staff outside of that which was used in the Fowler recruitment (or handful of other ones which you might want to bring to my attention ignoring that they are publicized for a reason).

I've heard differently regarding UF's staff when it comes to majorly playing up Miami's sanctions. You bringing me the quote of the father of a recruit (who is known as a major headcase) singing the praises of the coach of the school that he chose to go to isn't gonna change anything

I've heard differently regarding UF's staff when it comes to majorly playing up Miami's sanctions. You bringing me the quote of the father of a recruit (who is known as a major headcase) singing the praises of the coach of the school that he chose to go to isn't gonna change anything

Please tell me what you have heard about UF's staff talking about Miami's sanctions and who was the recruit.

You also ignored the other poster who said he has heard the same thing about the "redneck".
In the case of Holley it would make no sense to bring up the depth chart of DT's.

Advertisement

Please tell me what you have heard about UF's staff talking about Miami's sanctions and who was the recruit.

You also ignored the other poster who said he has heard the same thing about the "redneck".
In the case of Holley it would make no sense to bring up the depth chart of DT's.

If I was going to do that, I would have done it in my initial post. No point, don't care to earn any points from you.

I have no doubt Muschamp has crafted an angle of painting an image of himself where he upholds a value of not talking about other schools. I also have no doubt that UF's staff, just like every staff in the country, does it to some extent. Whether it is blatant badmouthing (doubtful) or round about mind games that plant seeds in a recruit's head that lead them to come to a certain fabricated truth about X school.

Put down the Muschamp anal beads, it's not a rosary.

Florida offered

In the rivals article about this kid. He says Florida offered and he wants to visit UF, but he's not sure of other schools outside of UF he wants to see. In the article he mentions a Coach (in the context of the article I am guessing Muschamp) says that Florida State and Miami are pretty stacked at his position. He says he will do his research and blah, blah, blah...
highly doubt Muschamp talked about another school

Again, here is the quote in context. I will leave it up to whomever to decide which coach Holley is referring to..

"I definitely want to make my way down to Florida and a couple other schools, but I am really not sure which ones besides Florida. From what coach told me, Florida State and Miami are pretty stacked at my position, so UF will probably be the only school I check out in Florida. I am trying to do my research right now and make time for it because I am still in basketball season and make sure my schoolwork is right. Gainesville is definitely on my mind and I just want to make sure I go down there and visit so I can get a feel for the school."

Florida offered

In the rivals article about this kid. He says Florida offered and he wants to visit UF, but he's not sure of other schools outside of UF he wants to see. In the article he mentions a Coach (in the context of the article I am guessing Muschamp) says that Florida State and Miami are pretty stacked at his position. He says he will do his research and blah, blah, blah...
highly doubt Muschamp talked about another school

Again, here is the quote in context. I will leave it up to whomever to decide which coach Holley is referring to..

"I definitely want to make my way down to Florida and a couple other schools, but I am really not sure which ones besides Florida. From what coach told me, Florida State and Miami are pretty stacked at my position, so UF will probably be the only school I check out in Florida. I am trying to do my research right now and make time for it because I am still in basketball season and make sure my schoolwork is right. Gainesville is definitely on my mind and I just want to make sure I go down there and visit so I can get a feel for the school."

sounds like his high school coach told him FSU and UM were stacked

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back