2013 DT Eddie Vanderdoes Decommits, could UM be Possibility

Advertisement
he wants to stay close to home (Cali)....so obviously Miami is out.

All the big Cali schools are full, which is i mentioned UM could reach out to his coach and make an inquiry.

Go Canes

You find a way to fit the # 1 DT in. You're never really full, you can always pull a Saban...... Kick a kid off because of " off field issues or " grade issues".

USC is the exception with the reduction issues but I'm sure everyone else would get him in.

But if Miami pushes a kid out there will be a witch hunt on twitter followed by sanctions from the ncaa.

Crazier things have happened leave it up to AL if he really wants him and ND cuts ties with him we have a shot with early playing time real early playing time we have a chance

Go Canes

He will sign with a PAC 10 team not named USC or Stanford (regular Notre dame opponents)

Advertisement
Lets see just how strong Jethro Franklin & B. Carrols connections are in northern Cali in trying to get a horse in the race to land this kid with him partying ways with ND.

Go Canes

This ain't got a **** **** to do with connections. Kid doesn't have interest in us. 0% chance

We would all like him, but he ain't coming here.

I'm glad the DBC of DT's brought this to our attention though.

Not.

Well if Eddie doesn't want to come to UM that's fine, but if he is available then we need to gauge his interests. There are a ton of pluses as to why Miami would be a good fit for him. Who knows how solid that "stay close to home" stuff is. He was after all prepared to leave the nest and head to South Bend. So why not Coral Gables?

Advertisement
he wants to stay close to home (Cali)....so obviously Miami is out.

All the big Cali schools are full, which is i mentioned UM could reach out to his coach and make an inquiry.

Go Canes

You find a way to fit the # 1 DT in. You're never really full, you can always pull a Saban...... Kick a kid off because of " off field issues or " grade issues".

USC is the exception with the reduction issues but I'm sure everyone else would get him in.

But if Miami pushes a kid out there will be a witch hunt on twitter followed by sanctions from the ncaa.

That's true, we're held to a different set of rules, aren't we?

Well if Eddie doesn't want to come to UM that's fine, but if he is available then we need to gauge his interests. There are a ton of pluses as to why Miami would be a good fit for him. Who knows how solid that "stay close to home" stuff is. He was after all prepared to leave the nest and head to South Bend. So why not Coral Gables?

I don't think we're allowed to contact him.

Advertisement
i got this from the main board .com someone there posted it from some 2012 article last year about how UM made EV's top 15 and would make his top 10. But the real interesting part is that he has a love for baseball which is also what makes UM soo appealing.

Monday was a busy day for commitments in the West region, but defensive tackle Eddie Vanderdoes (Auburn, Calif./Placer) isn't exactly ready to jump into the commitment scene. More than half of the top 30 players in the West have already made verbal commitments, but Vanderdoes is taking things slowly. On Monday, the 6-foot-3, 285-pound lineman took to twitter to release a list of his top 15 schools, out of the 50-plus schools on his offer list.

Alabama, Baylor, California, Florida, Georgia Tech, LSU, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, Oregon, Penn State, UCLA, USC and Washington all made the cut. Vanderdoes included in his tweet that he will be cutting that down to a top 10 group soon.

"It's so tough to narrow down my list because there are so many schools and coaches that I like," Vanderdoes said. "I'm taking my time and doing my research because I want to make the best decision for myself and no one else."

Northern California is no stranger to high-profile, two-sport prospects. The Sacramento area is leading the way lately with Arik Armstead and Shaq Thompson having elite high school careers in multiple sports. In February, Armstead signed with Oregon to play both football and basketball, while Thompson signed with Washington before being drafted by the Boston Red Sox last week.

Certainly add the ESPN 150 defensive tackle Vanderdoes to that list. Vanderdoes, No. 57 in the ESPN 150, grew up with baseball -- not football -- as his favorite sport and first love.

"I started playing baseball when I was 5 years old and always wanted to be a baseball player," Vanderdoes said. "Once I got into high school I realized I had the size and skill to be a great football player and now football is where I know my future is."

Vanderdoes led a strong Placer baseball program last season with a .420 average and had six home runs and 10 stolen bases. Yes, one of the nation's elite defensive tackles stole 10 bases.

Maybe it shouldn't be that surprising. The quick and explosive defensive line prospect has an offer list that can match nearly any prospect who came before him, including Thompson and Armstead. With 65 tackles and 10 sacks last season, Vanderdoes has all of college football's elite en route to the Sacramento area once again.

Among his Top 15, Miami, Florida, Alabama, LSU, Georgia Tech, Nebraska and USC all have impressive baseball programs, but Vanderdoes isn't tempted to play two sports.

"I love baseball and think I could play a long time and be successful at it," he said. "But football is where I have been given the opportunity to move on to the next level and receive a free education while pursuing my dream of playing in the NFL."

Vanderdoes expects to play his recruitment out until the end of the process because he wants to be as thorough as possible.

"I'm blessed to have the opportunity to choose any number of places to continue my education and my career and I intend to make sure I go about it the right way," he said.

Having seen Thompson and Armstead go through wild recruitments that stirred controversy nationwide, Vanderdoes wants to make sure he learns from the ups and downs he saw his friends go through this past year.

"I have a great chance to take advantage of my talent and use it to better my future, so I plan to do just that," Vanderdoes said. "I saw how crazy things can get and while I like to create havoc on the field, I want to maintain control when my future is at stake."

Dutch/Samoan 5 Star DT/DE Eddie Vanderdoes knows where his butter is spread and will not dabble in baseball in college.

Come on down Eddie! You are the block missing from the rebuilding of THE U. What better intro to the NFL than "The man that brought 1st round DT pick back to THE U, Eddie Vanderdoes!" Cali, South Florida it will be like home but without earthquakes.

Advertisement
If the Don somehow pulls this one off I will petition the federal government to make his birthday a national holiday

Advertisement
Back