2012 Recruiting Thread

Advertisement
I finally saw some film on Larry Hope. I saw NOTHING in that video that led me to believe he's a top tier D1 recruit. I have to wonder if he wasnt brought in during a point where coach Golden was simply looking for numbers.

Not sure, but probably not a good idea to continue to copy paste stuff from the premium area of another site.

This ain't grassy. Keeps the members of this board well-informed, so there can be intelligent discussion about FACTS.
Enjoy the info.

That's not my point... There are legal issues to posting premium information.

Do HS Football state count as premium information?

Not sure, but probably not a good idea to continue to copy paste stuff from the premium area of another site.

This ain't grassy. Keeps the members of this board well-informed, so there can be intelligent discussion about FACTS.
Enjoy the info.

General Rule of Thumb:
If the content came directly from a provider that you are paying a fee to have access to, it should not be copied and recirculated on other websites (ie: an article written by a rivals writer & only available to their premium members). If it was content that was posted on a premium site but originally came from a free source( ie; I poster on a premium board posts an article from ESPN or a local newspaper website), its okay to copy and paste on other sites.

Enjoy the info.

General Rule of Thumb:
If the content came directly from a provider that you are paying a fee to have access to, it should not be copied and recirculated on other websites (ie: an article written by a rivals writer & only available to their premium members). If it was content that was posted on a premium site but originally came from a free source( ie; I poster on a premium board posts an article from ESPN or a local newspaper website), its okay to copy and paste on other sites.

I hear ya, but that's public info. Just because someone organized it and posted/called it as premium content doesn't make it protected content. If for example Mike writes an article and he pits jacory's stats in it, I can't copy and paste the stats? Doubtful.

Advertisement
The Bowman kid is to good a recruit for our school right now. We haven't been successful enough in the last few years on the field. To get a kid like this can't steal top notch recruits if you're. 5-5 with NCAA penalties on the horizon.

Eh, to avoid the copyright garbage...just take a few minutes out of your time, and summarize it.

Enjoy the info.

General Rule of Thumb:

I hear ya, but that's public info. Just because someone organized it and posted/called it as premium content doesn't make it protected content. If for example Mike writes an article and he pits jacory's stats in it, I can't copy and paste the stats? Doubtful.
IIRC you can use them but not past them -- the presentation is still part of their copyright -- just not the facts that are in public domain.

Advertisement
This is a major reason we have little depth the past few years... too many misses. No one could evaluate talent or Golden didn't listen... amazing how bad this crop is.

Advertisement
Lord have mercy. How did some of us ever think that would be the class to bring us back. There are some good players in there (Duke, Flowers, Bush) but alot of duds. Bowman ended up being a stud. Burgess is good. For another team of course...Agree with the other poster, lets leave all this garbage in the past. It will only depress us.

I posted this in the WEZ after the news of Jelani Hamilton transferring broke.

Hamilton was the only highly-rated DT that staff landed and he was utterly and completely useless.

Meanwhile, that 2012 class continues to look ******* awful.

Let's take a moment to appreciate how awful that class turned out.

33 names in that class: http://miami.247sports.com/Season/2012-Football/Commits

1 never got in: Angelo Jean-Louis
2 never contributed due to injury: Preston Dewey and Josh Witt
1 chose baseball over Golden death: David Thompson
1 caught a rape charge and never helped: Jawand Blue
1 didn't finish because he was too mean for our staff: Taylor Gadbois
1 left because he was too much of a goon: Gabe Terry
1 transferred oddly when he could've gotten PT: Antonio Crawford
12 left without helping at ******* all: Jelani Hamilton, Robert Lockhart, Dwayne Hoilett, Jacoby Briscoe, Gray Crow, Jontavious Carter, Vernon Davis, Danny Dillard, Larry Hope, Nate Dortch, Jake O'Donnell, DeQuan Ivery

Advertisement
I posted this in the WEZ after the news of Jelani Hamilton transferring broke.

Hamilton was the only highly-rated DT that staff landed and he was utterly and completely useless.

Meanwhile, that 2012 class continues to look ****ing awful.

Let's take a moment to appreciate how awful that class turned out.

33 names in that class: Miami 2012 Football Commits

1 never got in: Angelo Jean-Louis
2 never contributed due to injury: Preston Dewey and Josh Witt
1 chose baseball over Golden death: David Thompson
1 caught a rape charge and never helped: Jawand Blue
1 didn't finish because he was too mean for our staff: Taylor Gadbois
1 left because he was too much of a goon: Gabe Terry
1 transferred oddly when he could've gotten PT: Antonio Crawford
12 left without helping at ****ing all: Jelani Hamilton, Robert Lockhart, Dwayne Hoilett, Jacoby Briscoe, Gray Crow, Jontavious Carter, Vernon Davis, Danny Dillard, Larry Hope, Nate Dortch, Jake O'Donnell, DeQuan Ivery

That's 20 freaking guys. I don't know what's scarier: trying to escape the memory of the approaching calamity or remembering all the arguments I made to myself for why that class wasn't an abject disaster.

can you imagine if just 5 of those 20 are starters next year? if 10 were on the 2 deep? that's just horrible. golden should be embarrassed.

Advertisement
Back