2001 Canes vs 1995 Nebraska

The game would be a TD or less difference as their Defense was legit and Tommy Frazier was like Dorsey a Winner. Anyone comparing their 2001 to 95 team is a complete idiotic moron. Their 2001 team gave up as many points to Colorado at home as all teams they played at home in 95 combined and maybe more. I am convinced the 2001 Canes team would prevail at home or a neutral field but if game is in Nebraska it is a tossup. Be objective guys and gals as this is a legit debate.

Advertisement
Ed Reed and Andre Johnson are basically the cheat codes in that game. Reed is sniffing out any option bull**** and who in the **** is gonna cover Andre Johnson?

The game would be a TD or less difference as their Defense was legit and Tommy Frazier was like Dorsey a Winner. Anyone comparing their 2001 to 95 team is a complete idiotic moron. Their 2001 team gave up as many points to Colorado at home as all teams they played at home in 95 combined and maybe more. I am convinced the 2001 Canes team would prevail at home or a neutral field but if game is in Nebraska it is a tossup. Be objective guys and gals as this is a legit debate.

Miami wins 135 -2

That Nebraska team was great, but it's about matchups. The option is tailor made for Miami. Even Al Golden generally beat Georgia Tech. It's possible for Nebraska to be the second greatest team of all time, and still not play Miami as close as the 15th greatest team of all time, simply because of the system and how it matches up with what Miami wants to do.

Advertisement
Their entire starting defense played in the NFL and their overall team speed was **** good. Their offensive line and backs were complete studs too. You're nuts if you think Miami rolls that team. And stop comparing the 2001 Nbraska team to this one. Those two were completely different. This Nebraska team was every bit as good as Miami's 01 team. And what the **** does going for 2 points have to do with his coaching ability? That just shows he had balls. They were more dominate on the field from start to finish. Again, Miami needed a miracle against BC and barely squeaked by an an average VT. You dudes need to take off your glasses.

"Their entire starting defense played in the NFL "

And what the F.U.C.K did UM's do??
Actually not only did our first unit play in the NFL so did out second unit!

Ed Reed and Andre Johnson are basically the cheat codes in that game. Reed is sniffing out any option bull**** and who in the **** is gonna cover Andre Johnson?

or jeremy shockey

not to mention have you guys forgotten that was the greatest offensive line in the history of college football? We seemed to get 5 yards every single time we handed the ball off minimum. Not to mention NO ONE got near dorsey on 99% of plays

Their offense is what's gonna stop them vs the canes. The bigger question is, WHO is frazier going to throw the ball too. Rumph and buchanon are light years better than any WR and we got reed back there. They're completely one dimensional against an NFL front 7

They had winstrom, Rucker, Peter, and minter on def... That's a good defense.... But Compared to ours?

or jeremy shockey

not to mention have you guys forgotten that was the greatest offensive line in the history of college football? We seemed to get 5 yards every single time we handed the ball off minimum. Not to mention NO ONE got near dorsey on 99% of plays

Their offense is what's gonna stop them vs the canes. The bigger question is, WHO is frazier going to throw the ball too. Rumph and buchanon are light years better than any WR and we got reed back there. They're completely one dimensional against an NFL front 7

Not that Nebraska would have won that game for sure, but they had a much better OL than we did. The difference in OLs is the main reason (along with HC) that I'd give the Huskers a chance.

2001 Miami had the talent to be the best OL ever. The problem was that Kehoe was OL coach.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yes, their Oline was better at run blocking for the option, you retård clown. Our Oline, on the other hand, didn't allow a sack all season, and is considered one of the best college lines in history. They also blocked for a guy that ran for a couple of yards by the name of Portis

Helmet is like a more fūcktarded version of DBC

The '01 Canes had 7 first round draft picks.

And that's just the defense.

And that's just the starters. Guys like Wilfork, Taylor, and Rolle were backups.

That was the most talented college football team ever assembled. It wouldn't be the laugher the '02 Rose Bowl was, but the '01 Canes would beat any other team on a neutral field.

I think the Canes would win, but it wouldn't be a blowout.

Probably something like 28-17.
I think we would simply wear them down. We had Portis, Johnson, Shockey and an excellent O-Line, with a HOF safety, all-pro LB, and a very, very good defensive line.

Last edited:
I still think we hang 35 on them. Nebraska might score 14, 21 if they're lucky.

What killed OL's was our ability to rotate 8 guys on our DL. I don't care how good of an OL you have. When you're trying to play the top 5 guys, and it's the 4th quarter, and the DL just swapped back to a much more fresh 1st string, it kills.

Advertisement
Anyone seriously thinking that Nebraska was a better team needs to never post here again, have their account deleted, go home and choke on a bag of caks......punk @ss b!tches! Meat me some where if you think otherwise

Go CANES!!!

or jeremy shockey

Not that Nebraska would have won that game for sure, but they had a much better OL than we did. The difference in OLs is the main reason (along with HC) that I'd give the Huskers a chance.

2001 Miami had the talent to be the best OL ever. The problem was that Kehoe was OL coach.
choke on cak

I remember the 94 Nebraska team pulling out a squeaker against a Frank Costa led, nothing special, Miami team in the Orange Bowl. Was the 95 team really that much better?

Their claim to fame was that they beat a bunch of terrible big 8 teams by a lot of points. Wins over Kansas, Kansas State and Colorado were their biggest victories.

Advertisement
The 2001 Miami Hurricanes are the best College team ever assembled. 95 Nebraska IMO is top 5 dominant for their time, but if you are going back in time and they were to play it would get ugly fast. Styles make fights and I just don't see how Nebraska moves the ball OR stops us. Starting with our DT's William Joseph, Walters & Double wide Wilfork would plug up the middle taking away the FB dive. DJ Williams & Vilma could play sideline to sideline laying wood to Tommie Frazier who was simply electric. Bring down James Lewis or Sean Taylor in to the box to kill the RB anytime he gets the pitch. (Ask Mike Vick how the triple option works out against this D) I'm not going to even get in to the Offense.

QUOTE=JuanFromLittleHavana]Gtfoh with that bull**** *****. How the **** you gonna call yourself a cane and say we wouldn't kill that sorry *** team?? I wish I would hear you say some bull**** like that at a #CanesFam tailgate. Watch how ****** fast you would need an ambulance. Come to the Blue Lot this year and say that **** ***** *****. I dRe you **** boy. #SwitchBladeBoyz [/QUOTE]

Its amazing how I get a threatening PM after my objective view. Miami was better but not that much better as the 2 teams are generally considered the 2 best of all time by all experts yet some lame punk comes at me with this stuff.

They ran the option. LOL

And I don't know what they ran on defense but I'm willing to bet it wouldn't have helped them stop Andre Johnson, Jeremy Shockey and Clinton Portis.

I don't give a **** WHO they had on offense. If there's nowhere to run the ball, there's nowhere to run the ball. And there would be nowhere to run the ball against that Miami defense. (at least not with that offense)

Advertisement
Back