2000 Miami

Not the mess he left I can't...Am I Happy we Won 2 during his tenure??...Absolutely...but once JJs kids were gone, and we had to rely on "His" lack of recruiting, not to mention his loss of institutional control, it was all but over. The CFB world caught up to his Off scheme (see BYU in 90...Bama in 93) as well. His stubbornness in the NC vs Bama, to not have a better game plan was stupidity. And the players out partying until 4 a.m the day of the game made things even worse.
He brought us to insane heights.

Advertisement
I have said this for 30 years that Erickson just rode the coattails of Jimmy's recruits. Once those guys left, well, you saw the results. Was just never a fan of the guy.

We stayed bailing FSU'
Not the mess he left I can't...Am I Happy we Won 2 during his tenure??...Absolutely...but once JJs kids were gone, and we had to rely on "His" lack of recruiting, not to mention his loss of institutional control, it was all but over. The CFB world caught up to his Off scheme (see BYU in 90...Bama in 93) as well. His stubbornness in the NC vs Bama, to not have a better game plan was stupidity. And the players out partying until 4 a.m the day of the game made things even worse.

BYU didn't catch up to His scheme, Detmer just played out of His mind that game & season. Detmer had a Burrow like season.

1991 team was very good, but I think the early 2000s team would have beaten them. Dorsey was far better than Toretta; Gino’s passing consisted of chunking it up and hoping Lamar or Horace would come down with it.

Horace was ahead of his time.

Absolute freak wideout.

The Buccs ruined his development with ****** qbs (Dilfer was AWFUL) and signing Alvin Harper (playing with Dallas had him overrated and the Bucs sunk stupid money on him) over him. Horace used to make plays that made me swear he was gonna be a superstar.

The backflips after touchdowns at 6’3 were epic. I was hyped as **** watching Horace play when I was a jit. Go watch his NFL highlights. He started getting hurt and fizzled out of the league. Was there anything else that hindered his development that isn’t widely known?

Advertisement

Absolute freak wideout.

The Buccs ruined his development with ****** qbs (Dilfer was AWFUL) and signing Alvin Harper (playing with Dallas had him overrated and the Bucs sunk stupid money on him) over him. Horace used to make plays that made me swear he was gonna be a superstar.

The backflips after touchdowns at 6’3 were epic. I was hyped as **** watching Horace play when I was a jit. Go watch his NFL highlights. He started getting hurt and fizzled out of the league. Was there anything else that hindered his development that isn’t widely known?
You should have seen Horace in HS in Orlando....even better in Track. His HS FB coach Bill Gierke told me Horace was the best athlete he ever coached.

Absolute freak wideout.

That early 90's WR corp might be the most disrespected WR corp in UM history, but I'll go out on a limb and say they were one the most winningest.

You should have seen Horace in HS in Orlando....even better in Track. His HS FB coach Bill Gierke told me Horace was the best athlete he ever coached.

I recall watching him in practice back in the day and completely amazed at how he glided with his long strides. Beautiful to watch that guy run. One of the best athletes to ever play at UM.

2001 was better because you had the experience from 2000 coming back in 2001 but with a crazy influx of young guys for depth in 2001 (Taylor/Winslow/Gore/etc.)...plus our losses from the 2000 team (Morgan/Moss/Wayne) were made up for by studs who came in 2000 (Vilma/Andre Johnson)

Advertisement
2001 was better because you had the experience from 2000 coming back in 2001 but with a crazy influx of young guys for depth in 2001 (Taylor/Winslow/Gore/etc.)...plus our losses from the 2000 team (Morgan/Moss/Wayne) were made up for by studs who came in 2000 (Vilma/Andre Johnson)
And our biggest weakness in 2000 on defense (pass rush) forced us to blitz more and it was solved in 2001 with Juco transfers at DE (McDougle/A. Williams)

Morgan/Moss & Wayne > Vilma, Dre..

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back