2000 Miami

Advertisement
I know we talk about the 2001 squad and rightfully so but man, lol. This team was just as lethal. I would put my money on this squad against any NC team the past 5 years.

Ready to see what the '23 version does(hopefully good).
The 2000 squad (by the end of the yr) would've gave 2001 problems and then some. Literally same team as 01....but add Wayne & Santana...

By the time the end of the year rolled around the 2000 team was the best team in the country. They would’ve beaten Oklahoma, no question in my mind. And the game was in crappy weather, if I recall, so it may have ended closer than it would have otherwise.

The 2001 team didn’t have Santana Moss and Reggie Wayne, but Andre Johnson came of age. Jon Vilma more than adequately replaced the most decorated single-season defensive player in college football history, CFB HOF Dan Morgan. I always felt James Jackson was somewhat underrated, but we had Portis, Frank Gore, and MacGhee in 2001.

Those 2000-2002 teams came a bad early season game at a very good Washington team (2000) and the worst call in college football history against Ohio State (2002) from three consecutive undefeated national championship seasons. The 2001-2002 teams were so great they made Larry Coker look good.

A roster brought to you by the best evaluator in college football history.

35-2

Any questions?

Advertisement
Sad Doctor Who GIF

Advertisement
The 91 teams Defense might have...but the 91 Offense would've had all sorts of problems with 2000s Secondary.
1991 team was very good, but I think the early 2000s team would have beaten them. Dorsey was far better than Toretta; Gino’s passing consisted of chunking it up and hoping Lamar or Horace would come down with it.

Advertisement
The 91 teams Defense might have...but the 91 Offense would've had all sorts of problems with 2000s Secondary.
As much as I loved the 1991 defense I don’t see 1991 offense scoring enough points on the 2000 or 2001 defenses. Not to be disrespectful to that national championship team, but I think they lose by 14, maybe 21. 2000-2001 had so many weapons and I’d wager the defense takes a turnover to the house.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I know we talk about the 2001 squad and rightfully so but man, lol. This team was just as lethal. I would put my money on this squad against any NC team the past 5 years.

Ready to see what the '23 version does(hopefully good).
Absolutely, and trust me…no matter how much OU fans beat their chest about winning, they are very happy we got screwed by the “computers”

By the time the end of the year rolled around the 2000 team was the best team in the country. They would’ve beaten Oklahoma, no question in my mind. And the game was in crappy weather, if I recall, so it may have ended closer than it would have otherwise.

The 2001 team didn’t have Santana Moss and Reggie Wayne, but Andre Johnson came of age. Jon Vilma more than adequately replaced the most decorated single-season defensive player in college football history, CFB HOF Dan Morgan. I always felt James Jackson was somewhat underrated, but we had Portis, Frank Gore, and MacGhee in 2001.

Those 2000-2002 teams came a bad early season game at a very good Washington team (2000) and the worst call in college football history against Ohio State (2002) from three consecutive undefeated national championship seasons. The 2001-2002 teams were so great they made Larry Coker look good.

A roster brought to you by the best evaluator in college football history.

35-2

Any questions?

2000 squad, BCS computers screwed us over
2002 squad, Terry Porter screwed us over.

1986-1988
2000-2002

Both should’ve been 3 peat dynasties

Advertisement
Back