20 points...(LONG)

FIUMCane

Junior
Has been the lowest we have allowed against F$U Since 2006...

I know there are like 5 other threads about FSU currently, but IDGAF...I watched the 14,15, and 2016 games last night (one hour each on YouTube) and it made me fcking sick to my stomach seeing us come so close but losing to those suckers late in the game...I had to get this off my chest so here it is. Fck you if you don't like it. Don't read it.

We are beating the semenholes this year! Everyone knows how important it is to beat those trolls from trailerhassee and stop the bleeding already. Beating the Noles is one of the last steps needed to complete the 180 we all have been waiting on, for way too long. 2017 is the year! No QB, on the road! No excuses!

Obviously it was a different team the last time we beat the Noles (09). None of the players or coaches are here now, but we did beat them on the road. Matter of fact, 07 & 09 were both wins on the road. Playing them in tally should not be an excuse for not winning, it is definitely doable regardless of QB.

We were all hoping 2016 at home was going to be the year, but unfortunately bad calls from the refs (targeting and waltons called back TD) and a turnover during a key drive, cost us another game against Florida State. Not to mention a first year staff, that although is a major upgrade from the golden circus, made the task harder than it will be in their second year in 2017.

Last year was heart breaking, but it told us something about this team, this new staff and where we're headed. The defense was lights out, (it was the second lowest scoring game all year for them) and I don't believe it was a fluke. I believe the identity of this team moving forward will be about the defense (see 2018 class). That is why I'm not so worry about who our QB will be. Defense wins championships and it will win this game.

I'm not here to bash Kaaya, but there were so many times in the previous 3 games where we could have moved the chains, avoided sacks (which gives the opposition a ton of momentum), and held on to possessions with a more mobile QB. Not saying I would have started Malik over Kaaya because ultimately Kaaya was the better and more accurate passer. But because of Brad's lack of mobility, he couldn't buy himself time to make those throws we all know he is capable of making, once the o-line collapsed. I think not having Kaaya's passing ability forces us to play an old school style of football against the Noles that I believe will make us prevail.

In 2017 I expect the defense to hold the Cook-less Noles to an even lower score than 2016. If Rosier, Sheriffs or Perry can scramble out the pocket while making simple throws to our elite WR's, not botching a handoff to Walton, we win this game. This game will not come down to heroics, it will come down to who makes less mistakes and special teams. Which btw in the 2015 game we left 4 points off the board by missing a short field goal and I think having another extra point blocked early in the game.

I noticed that the games between 2006 & 2016, have all been shootouts. We can't afford to go into shootouts with FSU..it is no coincidence we lost a lot of those games in the fourth QT after leading at some point. Defense gets gassed towards the end of games in shootouts. (See big 12 games and a lot of west coast teams that don't play defense) not too mention the amount of turnovers in those type of games. I want a boring game like the Detroit red wings and NJ devils (any hockey heads out there?) used to play..boring but effective..(check out the neutral zone trap if interested).

We need to frustrate and overwhelm frenchie like we did last season. But this time do it for 60 minutes. The only way to do that is by having our defensive guys fresh and our offense on the field as much as possible. I can't take another year of semenhole trash talking. This has got to be the year we get over the hump. These new kids need to play a role because they don't have that golden losing mentality complex. We need a big game from our freshmen and sophomores..

FSU is not that fcking good and I'm not saying that cause I'm being a homer. Look at their game against NC State, if NC state's DB doesn't drop that sure interception at the end of the game, they win. Look at the game against UNC how their defense allowed over 35 points and lost at home. We held UNC to 20 (including a bogus TD) and destroyed NC State..I sure hope the guys on the team know these guys are not on a level higher than them. It's just another fcking team that because our misfortunes they have been able to take advantage of us. Its fcking mental!

Sorry if any of you thinks this is just sunshine pumping and a waste of time or redundant. Many of the things Ive mentioned have already been said. But we need this! We need to beat them in their house! Wish either a backup QB or a frosh QB. How fcking sweet would that be? Plus it's the off-season and nothing to do except watch reruns of games I wish didn't exist.

Advertisement
I agree that I think we beat them this year but I also think you must be really drunk to type all this out at 1:30 am lol

I can certainly appreciate the passionate tone of your post and I agree overall. There is no reason we can't beat them in Tallahassee. Goldumb isn't here anymore so this squad won't be making any excuses. Also the time of FSU having an obvious talent advantage has come and gone. We are taking one of the top defenses in the country into this game and if Frenchie thinks he was under pressure last year he has no clue what he is in store for this year.

Furthermore, our guys aren't intimidated. To me, this game will hinge on our offensive line and their ability to control the FSU front in addition to turnovers and special teams. We don't need our QB to throw for 350+ and 4TDs. We need to use our elite defense to force FSU into mistakes and play good solid and fundamentally sound football on offense and take what they give us. If that sounds a little cliche it's because it is but that is the general blueprint.

Last edited:
Walton's run was not a td and I don't understand how this is constantly drummed up. His shoulder clearly touches the turf mid-flip. Still a long run but was down inside the 10.

Walton's run was not a td and I don't understand how this is constantly drummed up. His shoulder clearly touches the turf mid-flip. Still a long run but was down inside the 10.

It was a TD. But for argument's sake, let's say his shoulder was down. I'll take inside the 10 over a ******* holding call that gives us negative yardage instead

Advertisement
And I applaud everything that was said. Everyone with this inferiority complex re: FSU needs to turn of The Notebook and go watch Braveheart. Stop writing in your journals and start getting ready for war. It's going to be a dog fight, plain and simple. If you don't believe we have a good chance to beat those overrated puzzle then you're a fool.

IMG_6495.jpg

It was a TD. But for argument's sake, let's say his shoulder was down. I'll take inside the 10 over a ****ing holding call that gives us negative yardage instead

not debating the preference of a 40 yard run over it being negated by a phantom hold. It was not a td and his shoulder hit the ground, that is not debatable.

Last edited:
View attachment 44966

It was a TD. But for argument's sake, let's say his shoulder was down. I'll take inside the 10 over a ****ing holding call that gives us negative yardage instead

not debating the preference of a 40 yard run over it being negated by a phantom hold. It was not a td and his shoulder hit the ground, that is not debatable.

Looks like forearm to me.

Has been the lowest we have allowed against F$U Since 2006...

I know there are like 5 other threads about FSU currently, but IDGAF...I watched the 14,15, and 2016 games last night (one hour each on YouTube) and it made me fcking sick to my stomach seeing us come so close but losing to those suckers late in the game...I had to get this off my chest so here it is. Fck you if you don't like it. Don't read it.

We are beating the semenholes this year! Everyone knows how important it is to beat those trolls from trailerhassee and stop the bleeding already. Beating the Noles is one of the last steps needed to complete the 180 we all have been waiting on, for way too long. 2017 is the year! No QB, on the road! No excuses!

Obviously it was a different team the last time we beat the Noles (09). None of the players or coaches are here now, but we did beat them on the road. Matter of fact, 07 & 09 were both wins on the road. Playing them in tally should not be an excuse for not winning, it is definitely doable regardless of QB.

We were all hoping 2016 at home was going to be the year, but unfortunately bad calls from the refs (targeting and waltons called back TD) and a turnover during a key drive, cost us another game against Florida State. Not to mention a first year staff, that although is a major upgrade from the golden circus, made the task harder than it will be in their second year in 2017.

Last year was heart breaking, but it told us something about this team, this new staff and where we're headed. The defense was lights out, (it was the second lowest scoring game all year for them) and I don't believe it was a fluke. I believe the identity of this team moving forward will be about the defense (see 2018 class). That is why I'm not so worry about who our QB will be. Defense wins championships and it will win this game.

I'm not here to bash Kaaya, but there were so many times in the previous 3 games where we could have moved the chains, avoided sacks (which gives the opposition a ton of momentum), and held on to possessions with a more mobile QB. Not saying I would have started Malik over Kaaya because ultimately Kaaya was the better and more accurate passer. But because of Brad's lack of mobility, he couldn't buy himself time to make those throws we all know he is capable of making, once the o-line collapsed. I think not having Kaaya's passing ability forces us to play an old school style of football against the Noles that I believe will make us prevail.

In 2017 I expect the defense to hold the Cook-less Noles to an even lower score than 2016. If Rosier, Sheriffs or Perry can scramble out the pocket while making simple throws to our elite WR's, not botching a handoff to Walton, we win this game. This game will not come down to heroics, it will come down to who makes less mistakes and special teams. Which btw in the 2015 game we left 4 points off the board by missing a short field goal and I think having another extra point blocked early in the game.

I noticed that the games between 2006 & 2016, have all been shootouts. We can't afford to go into shootouts with FSU..it is no coincidence we lost a lot of those games in the fourth QT after leading at some point. Defense gets gassed towards the end of games in shootouts. (See big 12 games and a lot of west coast teams that don't play defense) not too mention the amount of turnovers in those type of games. I want a boring game like the Detroit red wings and NJ devils (any hockey heads out there?) used to play..boring but effective..(check out the neutral zone trap if interested).

We need to frustrate and overwhelm frenchie like we did last season. But this time do it for 60 minutes. The only way to do that is by having our defensive guys fresh and our offense on the field as much as possible. I can't take another year of semenhole trash talking. This has got to be the year we get over the hump. These new kids need to play a role because they don't have that golden losing mentality complex. We need a big game from our freshmen and sophomores..

FSU is not that fcking good and I'm not saying that cause I'm being a homer. Look at their game against NC State, if NC state's DB doesn't drop that sure interception at the end of the game, they win. Look at the game against UNC how their defense allowed over 35 points and lost at home. We held UNC to 20 (including a bogus TD) and destroyed NC State..I sure hope the guys on the team know these guys are not on a level higher than them. It's just another fcking team that because our misfortunes they have been able to take advantage of us. Its fcking mental!

Sorry if any of you thinks this is just sunshine pumping and a waste of time or redundant. Many of the things Ive mentioned have already been said. But we need this! We need to beat them in their house! Wish either a backup QB or a frosh QB. How fcking sweet would that be? Plus it's the off-season and nothing to do except watch reruns of games I wish didn't exist.

Feel ya bro.

Advertisement
Great post, and I agree 100% that we should have won the last few games against them.

Can someone share an Asain gif for the OP, he earned it!!!

We're going to need to hold the Noles to 10 to win. I don't trust Mark Richt in rivalry/big games.

Here's what Georgia scored vs. Florida when Richt was calling the plays:

01 - 10
02 - 13
03 - 13
04 - 31
05 - 10
06 - 14

Yikes

View attachment 44966

Should have guessed that you're the type that watches widescreen videos in vertical format on your phone.

Advertisement
View attachment 44966

This touchdown run didn't count for Miami, but man was it awesome - CBSSports.com

Pretty clear he was never down.

The video shows multiple angles, too.

I rewatched last years game and sand and came away with a couple of thoughts.

Kaaya made a critical pass to Coley to potentially tie the game. A really clutch play. Good fo him
The above play bailed out his head coach who almost squandered a brilliant return by Brax (Good for him also) by stubbornly sticking to the run game bringing us to the final do or die play.
The strategy to rattle Kaaya beginning on the first play of the game was obvious and effective.
I too think we win this year too unless they are successful in taking out Walton.

We can beat FSU, but if we go into a sell as you suggested and play "old school football" we'll be playing right into their hands. Let them play football in a phone booth and pin their ears back, and you'll be setting us up for failure. They haven't covered the throw game in years.

Advertisement
View attachment 44966

This touchdown run didn't count for Miami, but man was it awesome - CBSSports.com

I'm pretty sure that helmet touching the ground= down by contact

I always understood it to be any body part besides hands and feet touching the ground is down by contact.

I might be wrong and if so I'll take the L but I'm pretty sure I'm right

We're going to need to hold the Noles to 10 to win. I don't trust Mark Richt in rivalry/big games.

Here's what Georgia scored vs. Florida when Richt was calling the plays:

01 - 10
02 - 13
03 - 13
04 - 31
05 - 10
06 - 14

Yikes

I'm completely failing to see the logic here.

View attachment 44966

When any part of the ball carrier’s body, except his hand or foot,
touches the ground or when the ball carrier is tackled or otherwise
falls and loses possession of the ball as he contacts the ground with any
part of his body, except his hand or foot [
Exception:
The ball remains
alive when an offensive player has simulated a kick or at the snap is in
position to kick the ball held for a place kick by a teammate. The ball
may be kicked, passed or advanced by rule] (A.R. 4-1-3-I).

We can beat FSU, but if we go into a sell as you suggested and play "old school football" we'll be playing right into their hands. Let them play football in a phone booth and pin their ears back, and you'll be setting us up for failure. They haven't covered the throw game in years.

Do we have a choice though? Without a proven QB that doesn't have kaayas throwing ability? Maybe sheriffs does, but if he lacks confidence and can't make the throws what good is his arm (not saying that's the case). I don't think we'll be throwing as much with Kaaya gone and although they haven't covered throw game great, we also haven't been able to beat them with it. Defense has to win us one.

Advertisement
Back