20 points...(LONG)

We're going to need to hold the Noles to 10 to win. I don't trust Mark Richt in rivalry/big games.

Here's what Georgia scored vs. Florida when Richt was calling the plays:

01 - 10
02 - 13
03 - 13
04 - 31
05 - 10
06 - 14

Yikes

I'm completely failing to see the logic here.

Georgia was ranked in the Top 5 coming into the 02, 03, and 05 games vs. Florida. Georgia failed to score 14 pts in any of those games.

In our biggest games last year - FSU, UNC, VT - we put up 19, 13, 16

Richt coached teams (specifically the offense), have a long history of coming up short in their biggest games.

It's a new year, new team, we're due, and FSU doesn't have Dalvin Cook to single-handedly beat us anymore. All that's in our favor. But I don't trust Richt's track record in these type of games.

Advertisement
Our players never been worried about FSU definitely dont think theyre on a "level higher than them" / that wont be an issue regardless of what happens when we play them.

We're going to need to hold the Noles to 10 to win. I don't trust Mark Richt in rivalry/big games.

01 - 10
02 - 13
03 - 13
04 - 31
05 - 10
06 - 14

Yikes

Georgia was ranked in the Top 5 coming into the 02, 03, and 05 games vs. Florida. Georgia failed to score 14 pts in any of those games.

Richt coached teams (specifically the offense), have a long history of coming up short in their biggest games.

It's a new year, new team, we're due, and FSU doesn't have Dalvin Cook to single-handedly beat us anymore. All that's in our favor. But I don't trust Richt's track record in these type of games.

I get what you're saying, it's just that neither of those teams is Miami. Or even fsu.

We can beat FSU, but if we go into a sell as you suggested and play "old school football" we'll be playing right into their hands. Let them play football in a phone booth and pin their ears back, and you'll be setting us up for failure. They haven't covered the throw game in years.

Do we have a choice though? Without a proven QB that doesn't have kaayas throwing ability? Maybe sheriffs does, but if he lacks confidence and can't make the throws what good is his arm (not saying that's the case). I don't think we'll be throwing as much with Kaaya gone and although they haven't covered throw game great, we also haven't been able to beat them with it. Defense has to win us one.

You run a diverse offense. If your QB can't do that, then you dump him and put in one until you find one who can.

If you have no viable throw game, FSU will destroy you. They've got athletes that will eat that **** up playing downhill on you. Walton couldn't run it last year against them even with Kaaya.

01 - 10
02 - 13
03 - 13
04 - 31
05 - 10
06 - 14

Yikes

Pretty clear what your point was, and it's a valid one until Rick gets that monkey off his back.

Advertisement

01 - 10
02 - 13
03 - 13
04 - 31
05 - 10
06 - 14

Yikes

This is fair criticism. Until Richt proves he can consistently win rivalry games, this is on him. I think he can get it done.

01 - 10
02 - 13
03 - 13
04 - 31
05 - 10
06 - 14

Yikes

WVU? Why not include them? They were ranked higher than all those teams when we played them.

Nice try, though.

Next time, include all of the relevant information. Leaving out the highest ranked opponent we beat last year is pretty dense. Especially since it can be argued that the bowl game, was our biggest game, with the possible exception of FSU.

Last edited:

01 - 10
02 - 13
03 - 13
04 - 31
05 - 10
06 - 14

Yikes

WVU? Why not include them? They were ranked higher than all those teams when we played them.

Nice try, though.

Next time, include all of the relevant information. Leaving out the highest ranked opponent we beat last year is pretty dense. Especially since it can be argued that the bowl game, was our biggest game, with the possible exception of FSU.

First bowl win since 2006 was pretty important for Richt and the program...

Advertisement
View attachment 44966
Walton's run was not a td and I don't understand how this is constantly drummed up. His shoulder clearly touches the turf mid-flip. Still a long run but was down inside the 10.

It was a TD. But for argument's sake, let's say his shoulder was down. I'll take inside the 10 over a ****ing holding call that gives us negative yardage instead

not debating the preference of a 40 yard run over it being negated by a phantom hold. It was not a td and his shoulder hit the ground, that is not debatable.

Should have guessed that you're the type that watches widescreen videos in vertical format on your phone.

Yet this dude will go wide view and still not see facts. Special kind of psycho. Keep it moving

View attachment 44966
Walton's run was not a td and I don't understand how this is constantly drummed up. His shoulder clearly touches the turf mid-flip. Still a long run but was down inside the 10.

It was a TD. But for argument's sake, let's say his shoulder was down. I'll take inside the 10 over a ****ing holding call that gives us negative yardage instead

not debating the preference of a 40 yard run over it being negated by a phantom hold. It was not a td and his shoulder hit the ground, that is not debatable.

Should have guessed that you're the type that watches widescreen videos in vertical format on your phone.

Yet this dude will go wide view and still not see facts. Special kind of psycho. Keep it moving

Only his helmet touched

Good thread. The next step this era's team needs to take is beating f$u. It justifies our '18 recruiting ranking and sets us up for a very good year. I love the quotes from Diaz and other coaches last year to the kids - (the gist of it was) If you come to UM and don't beat fsu, you didn't accomplish anything.

Beat fsu and we're back. Not a minute earlier.

View attachment 44966

Only his helmet touched

Just because you paid a stripper on the 1230 Tuesday schedule $20 for a lap dance doesn't mean you lost your virginity.

Advertisement
View attachment 44966

Only his helmet touched

Just because you paid a stripper on the 1230 Tuesday schedule $20 for a lap dance doesn't mean you lost your virginity.

We're talking about the other kind of helmet contact, friendo. Stay on topic

We can beat FSU, but if we go into a sell as you suggested and play "old school football" we'll be playing right into their hands. Let them play football in a phone booth and pin their ears back, and you'll be setting us up for failure. They haven't covered the throw game in years.

Do we have a choice though? Without a proven QB that doesn't have kaayas throwing ability? Maybe sheriffs does, but if he lacks confidence and can't make the throws what good is his arm (not saying that's the case). I don't think we'll be throwing as much with Kaaya gone and although they haven't covered throw game great, we also haven't been able to beat them with it. Defense has to win us one.

You run a diverse offense. If your QB can't do that, then you dump him and put in one until you find one who can.

If you have no viable throw game, FSU will destroy you. They've got athletes that will eat that **** up playing downhill on you. Walton couldn't run it last year against them even with Kaaya.

I agree with that for last year but this year we need a basic offense

Last year: We ran the RPO offense with an slow as fûck qb. They can blitz right up the middle and stuff the run every time because they know kaaya can't run on the outside. Because of that we get sacked and we can't establish the run so we need huge plays. Last year we should have run a diverse offense.

This year:

We will run RPO but perry is perfect for RPO kinda like deshaun watson/bridgewater.

The defense will have to run qb containments on defense and that will leave huge holes for walton to run.

If walton plays like he did in the scrimmage he will average like 6.5 yards a carry vs them if perry makes good decisions.

When we do this we march up the field a bit and we start to thrown screen passes/easy completions to playmaking receivers like richards thomas or herndon.

They will make big plays. Watch the app state game. When we establish the run like we did against them then it opens quick passes to receivers and allows us to have a diverse offense.

If perry can run well and make good decisions in the rpo I legitimately think we will beat fsu like 30-20 because of the holes a mobile qb and a good line will create.

Last year: We ran the RPO offense with an slow as fûck qb. They can blitz right up the middle and stuff the run every time because they know kaaya can't run on the outside. Because of that we get sacked and we can't establish the run so we need huge plays. Last year we should have run a diverse offense.

This year:

We will run RPO but perry is perfect for RPO kinda like deshaun watson/bridgewater.

The defense will have to run qb containments on defense and that will leave huge holes for walton to run.

If walton plays like he did in the scrimmage he will average like 6.5 yards a carry vs them if perry makes good decisions.

When we do this we march up the field a bit and we start to thrown screen passes/easy completions to playmaking receivers like richards thomas or herndon.

They will make big plays. Watch the app state game. When we establish the run like we did against them then it opens quick passes to receivers and allows us to have a diverse offense.

If perry can run well and make good decisions in the rpo I legitimately think we will beat fsu like 30-20 because of the holes a mobile qb and a good line will create.

Very, very good premise in general. Whether it's Rosier or Perry (or even Shirreffs who can run as well), they may not be Deshaun Watson, but we HAVE to force FSU to respect the QB's running ability. Their defense will be probably even more stout in 2017, so I think using that aspect to open up the defense will be our best chance of moving the ball and scoring. Our defense will be very good as well, but still think we'll need to put 20+ on the board in order to win.

Advertisement

This year:

Very, very good premise in general. Whether it's Rosier or Perry (or even Shirreffs who can run as well), they may not be Deshaun Watson, but we HAVE to force FSU to respect the QB's running ability. Their defense will be probably even more stout in 2017, so I think using that aspect to open up the defense will be our best chance of moving the ball and scoring. Our defense will be very good as well, but still think we'll need to put 20+ on the board in order to win.

Yup all we need is good line, establish the run, mobile qb, and make easy throws to playmakers. If we do this we win and add in some special teams plays/td from jeff thomas and it will b in the bag. I think we will score 30 with perry

View attachment 44966

Looks like forearm to me.

This touchdown run didn't count for Miami, but man was it awesome - CBSSports.com

Pretty clear he was never down.

The video shows multiple angles, too.

Green and space was in between this run. It would've counted had that phantom holding not been called and it was legitimate.

View attachment 44966

Looks like forearm to me.

This touchdown run didn't count for Miami, but man was it awesome - CBSSports.com

Pretty clear he was never down.

The video shows multiple angles, too.

Green and space was in between this run. It would've counted had that phantom holding not been called and it was legitimate.

I don't give 2 ***** about it we lost. case closed. And as jimmy johnson always said we r in bad shape if the game comes down to a ref

Advertisement
Back