20 points...(LONG)

We're going to need to hold the Noles to 10 to win. I don't trust Mark Richt in rivalry/big games.

Here's what Georgia scored vs. Florida when Richt was calling the plays:

01 - 10
02 - 13
03 - 13
04 - 31
05 - 10
06 - 14

Yikes

Georgia Tech and Auburn should also be considered if you're talking about Georgia's biggest rivalry games. You must've only pointed out Florida because you have an agenda, or you don't really know Georgia's rivals, or both.

I lived in Atlanta for 4 years, and here's my takeaway on how Georgia fans see their rivals:

Florida - this is the game they want to win the most, mostly because Florida historically owns them.
GT - they would hate to lose this game, but always expect to win. They own GT, so it's more like an annoying little brother that they don't take seriously.
Auburn, South Carolina, Tenn - All pretty even in terms of a "rivalry".
Kentucky, Vandy, Missouri - All in the SEC East, but no one would consider these a Georgia "rival".

So lets take a look at these 5 Teams - Auburn, GT, Florida, SC, Tenn. The title of this thread is "20 points", so lets use that as barometer:

- Georgia scored 18 points or less against 3 out 5 of these teams in 01, 02, 04, 05, 06 - 5 out of 6 times.

Look at the 2002 Georgia team that went 13-1 overall, and 4-1 in these games:

SC - Won 13-7
Tenn - Won 18-13
FL - Lost 13-20
Aub - Won 24-21
GT - Won 51-7

My original statement was - We're going to need to hold the Noles to 10 to win. I don't trust Mark Richt in rivalry/big games.

I think we can beat FSU - but I think it's MUCH more likely we win something like 13-10 than Richt puts a great offensive gameplan together and we win a 31-30 shootout.

IMO - our defense is much more likely to get us the win, not our offense.

Yikes. That's depressing. If Miami has to hold FSU to 14 or less to win, we are in deep ****. That's not happening.

Miami held them to 20 last season with Cook..what offensive weapons do you see them torching us with? They lost their best one and our D will be even better.

That was last season, at home, and we had a QB that somewhat gave the D some rest (even though we didn't score many points). FSU will be tougher at home, coming off a loss to Bama. You continue to rely on our D playing a perfect game which is asking a lot. If our Offense can't stay on the field and score more than 21 we aren't winning this game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back