1st round projections...

Completely different talent levels with those 2 compared to the rest though that dropped after getting hype
I remember when Garvin took DJs spot everybody was hyping him up, especially after his first round projection....the next season he fell off..I don't recall anyone denying his first round ability...

Advertisement
He underperformed when it counted most.... FSU, ND, VT, NC....by the time Richt went to more spread, it was too late the damage had already been done.....

The only damage done was the lack of skills Kaaya possessed as an NFL QB and overall team leader.

I remember when Garvin took DJs spot everybody was hyping him up, especially after his first round projection....the next season he fell off..I don't recall anyone denying his first round ability...
Garvin did nothing similar to what rousseau did in terms of pass rush production in 2019 at any point in his Miami career. The most sacks garvin ever had was 5.5 in a season, Rousseau had 15.5 sacks last year and only started like 7 games. When you talk about athletic ability , size and the work ethic Rousseau plays with play after play that’s a big difference

Garvin did nothing similar to what rousseau did in terms of pass rush production in 2019 at any point in his Miami career. The most sacks garvin ever had was 5.5 in a season, Rousseau had 15.5 sacks last year and only started like 7 games. When you talk about athletic ability , size and the work ethic Rousseau plays with play after play that’s a big difference
I know he had a better season....do you think Greg still goes in the first if he doesn't put up those insane numbers again? what if Phillips, Roche, improved Nesta and one of the younger guys take some of his numbers away due to double teams?

I know he had a better season....do you think Greg still goes in the first if he doesn't put up those insane numbers again? what if Phillips, Roche, improved Nesta and one of the younger guys take some of his numbers away due to double teams?
Won’t be able to double team anything considering what else is on the dline. Too many talented dlineman

Advertisement
The only damage done was the lack of skills Kaaya possessed as an NFL QB and overall team leader.
bottom line.....he fell off after most draft boards had him as a 1st rounder..... 2-3 mocks had him projected as the #1 overall pick...

Won’t be able to double team anything considering what else is on the dline. Too many talented dlineman
I hope that's the case.....I'm tired of seeing Miami kids fall off after getting hyped up as first rounders...

Advertisement
Again, dealing with more gifted prospects this time around
you could be right...I still believe teams are going to try their best to take Greg away first....like another poster said...he has to improve his technique to beat those double teams... Brevin is in spread system now....will Lashlee feature him more or less? If not how will that affect his stock?
By the time the season starts their stock will be 3rd round.....wake me up after the draft
I'm not mad at you......it seems like it happens every year....Greg might be the type of freak (like Njoku) that just can't be denied ...he still has to produce at a high level again imo...if not like you said he could possibly slip to the 3rd....

you could be right...I still believe teams are going to try their best to take Greg away first....like another poster said...he has to improve his technique to beat those double teams... Brevin is in spread system now....will Lashlee feature him more or less? If not how will that affect his stock?
I'm not mad at you......it seems like it happens every year....Greg might be the type of freak (like Njoku) that just can't be denied ...he still has to produce at a high level again imo...if not like you said he could possibly slip to the 3rd....
Why are you expecting jordan to be featured less in the spread? He’s like a really big receiver but that is also a great blocker and played in that system in highschool. PLUS lashlee heavily utilized the tight end last year he had in his system( had over 700 yards receiving at smu last year)

Advertisement
Brevin won’t be a 1st round pick. He’s not going to be big enough or fast enough. He’s 6’3, 235. He tracks closest to Evan Engram’s measurables, who ran a 4.42 at the combine. I think Brevin is a 4.6 - 4.7 dude. Look at the measurements of 1st round TEs in the last 10 years. I don’t think it happens

Hockenson - 6’5, 245
Fant - 6’4, 250
Hurst - 6’4, 245
Howard - 6’6, 250
Engram - 6’3, 240
Njoku - 6’4, 245
Ebron - 6’4, 250
Eifert - 6’6, 255
Gresham - 6’5, 260
Yeah I think he will be a great pickup for a team probably at picks 33-50. Definitely one of the first 2-3 TEs off the board though.

Advertisement
Why are you expecting jordan to be featured less in the spread? He’s like a really big receiver but that is also a great blocker and played in that system in highschool. PLUS lashlee heavily utilized the tight end last year he had in his system( had over 700 yards receiving at smu last year)
I'm not really expecting anything.... that why I said more or less....just hoping he doesn't fall out of the 1st....

Assuming he continues along the same trajectory, Greg will be a top 10 pick. Brevin could go in the first round, but he's got to get healthy and put up numbers. His size and measurables are fine.

Brevin won't lose anything. There are only 2 reasons that'll hold him back, injuries and prototypical weight but at the very least he'll go in the 2nd round when he comes out. Greg's test will be if he can produce while facing more double teams. He also needs to us his hands better and develop some pass rush moves. But with his length, size, and the fact that we have other pass rushers he should be a monster this year.
I don’t see any way that brevin will actually go in first round. He’s just too small

Advertisement
Back