1st round projections...

canes614

Sophomore
Miami recently had 4 first round preseason projections Kaaya, Richards, Jackson and Garvin....none of them became first round picks...we all know what happened to AR the other 3 have many different view points....Kaaya played in a new system that hindered his performance....there have been many NFL busts at QB....but if he had remained in the same system....would he had fell to the last round? For some unknown reason Garvin fell off....maybe somebody can explain? Jackson just didn't have a great enough season imo...my point....Brevin and Greg are easily 1st round projections...this staff must do everything possible to make that happen imo....we have a new O system again....Phillips and Roche coming in....along with other DL possibly improving....will Brevin and Greg lose that edge like other recent Miami preseason 1st round projections? I hope they don't slowly disappear and fall to later rounds like others have done in the past...

Advertisement
Miami recently had 4 first round preseason projections Kaaya, Richards, Jackson and Garvin....none of them became first round picks...we all know what happened to AR the other 3 have many different view points....Kaaya played in a new system that hindered his performance....there have been many NFL busts at QB....but if he had remained in the same system....would he had fell to the last round? For some unknown reason Garvin fell off....maybe somebody can explain? Jackson just didn't have a great enough season imo...my point....Brevin and Greg are easily 1st round projections...this staff must do everything possible to make that happen imo....we have a new O system again....Phillips and Roche coming in....along with other DL possibly improving....will Brevin and Greg lose that edge like other recent Miami preseason 1st round projections? I hope they don't slowly disappear and fall to later rounds like others have done in the past...
GR and BJ are different animals IMO. Greg has been a problem since day 1. If he didn't have that injury his Freshman year then he would have flashed his potential. Brevin has been a top talent at TE since his Freshman year and has only gotten better. None of the others (outside of AR) deserved that 1st round projection.

Brevin won't lose anything. There are only 2 reasons that'll hold him back, injuries and prototypical weight but at the very least he'll go in the 2nd round when he comes out. Greg's test will be if he can produce while facing more double teams. He also needs to us his hands better and develop some pass rush moves. But with his length, size, and the fact that we have other pass rushers he should be a monster this year.

Brevin won’t be a 1st round pick. He’s not going to be big enough or fast enough. He’s 6’3, 235. He tracks closest to Evan Engram’s measurables, who ran a 4.42 at the combine. I think Brevin is a 4.6 - 4.7 dude. Look at the measurements of 1st round TEs in the last 10 years. I don’t think it happens

Hockenson - 6’5, 245
Fant - 6’4, 250
Hurst - 6’4, 245
Howard - 6’6, 250
Engram - 6’3, 240
Njoku - 6’4, 245
Ebron - 6’4, 250
Eifert - 6’6, 255
Gresham - 6’5, 260

Advertisement
Brevin will do well in the draft. IMO....1st round 30% chance 2nd round 50%chance - 3rd round 20% chance

There are many teams that look beyond measurables and focus on his results and actual performance.

Brevin's abilities speak for themselves. He delivers what is expected of an exceptional TE..

He blocks well, he has exceptional hands and he consistently creates room for himself and is so difficult to contain

NFL QB's will LOVE having a target that can block, consistently get open and catches everything thrown in his area

Last edited:
Advertisement
Brevin is small for an nfl TE. Doubt he is really 6'3 and 235 isn't ideal either. I do think he is faster than 4.6-4.7 though. Pretty sure he is a 4.45-4.55 guy. I don't think there is a real shot at first round for him. Also if Njoku was 6'4 than Brevin is closer to 6'1. Miami as well as all schools lie about heights and weights. Combine will be first real measurement for him.

Quote that tells me Miami is lying about his height: “For a guy that’s not very big in stature as far as his height, he has got a very strong lower body,” Enos said.

Also there are pictures where Jarren Williams is clearly taller than him and he is listed at 6'2 at most sights although I did see a 6'3 listing for him more recently.

Last edited:
Brevin won’t be a 1st round pick. He’s not going to be big enough or fast enough. He’s 6’3, 235. He tracks closest to Evan Engram’s measurables, who ran a 4.42 at the combine. I think Brevin is a 4.6 - 4.7 dude. Look at the measurements of 1st round TEs in the last 10 years. I don’t think it happens

Hockenson - 6’5, 245
Fant - 6’4, 250
Hurst - 6’4, 245
Howard - 6’6, 250
Engram - 6’3, 240
Njoku - 6’4, 245
Ebron - 6’4, 250
Eifert - 6’6, 255
Gresham - 6’5, 260

Been trying to tell people this for a while. He’s got a steep uphill climb to round 1. Round 1 TEs have an absolutely elite physical trait. Brevin isn’t huge, and he’s not Evan Engram fast. Day 2 is more more likely.

Hockenson - 6’5, 245
Fant - 6’4, 250
Hurst - 6’4, 245
Howard - 6’6, 250
Engram - 6’3, 240
Njoku - 6’4, 245
Ebron - 6’4, 250
Eifert - 6’6, 255
Gresham - 6’5, 260
If Brevin is highly productive I think he could still go in the 1st....if not his measurables could possibly cause him to fall....Miami produced some pretty good TEs....guess it depends on alot of different factors....running a 4.6 4.7 is very good for a TE.... If he shows great ball skills at the combine and big-time play making on film who knows?

Advertisement

Hockenson - 6’5, 245
Fant - 6’4, 250
Hurst - 6’4, 245
Howard - 6’6, 250
Engram - 6’3, 240
Njoku - 6’4, 245
Ebron - 6’4, 250
Eifert - 6’6, 255
Gresham - 6’5, 260
Njoku ran a 4.64 and he can’t block and had issues with drops. Brevin is a better blocker than Njoku and engram as those guys was just more flex types. He will be a 1st round pick.

Hockenson - 6’5, 245
Fant - 6’4, 250
Hurst - 6’4, 245
Howard - 6’6, 250
Engram - 6’3, 240
Njoku - 6’4, 245
Ebron - 6’4, 250
Eifert - 6’6, 255
Gresham - 6’5, 260
Pro Football Focus thinks differently....

https://247sports.com/college/miami...-Jordan-first-round-NFL-mock-draft-144007587/

Brevin is small for an nfl TE. Doubt he is really 6'3 and 235 isn't ideal either. I do think he is faster than 4.6-4.7 though. Pretty sure he is a 4.45-4.55 guy. I don't think there is a real shot at first round for him. Also if Njoku was 6'4 than Brevin is closer to 6'1. Miami as well as all schools lie about heights and weights. Combine will be first real measurement for him.

Quote that tells me Miami is lying about his height: “For a guy that’s not very big in stature as far as his height, he has got a very strong lower body,” Enos said.

Also there are pictures where Jarren Williams is clearly taller than him and he is listed at 6'2 at most sights although I did see a 6'3 listing for him more recently.
Brevin a 4.45? High school hand time 4.5? In the 90s?

Advertisement
Were JoeJack and Garvin really projected 1st roind or was that just us? I feel like JoeJack might have been at one point, but I don't remember Garvin.
Joe jack was on a few mocks but he also tested as essentially a non draftable edge player due to not meeting certain thresholds a dend is supposed to have athletically which hurt him in the draft. Rousseau has unreal production and elite size , feel pretty comfortable in him being a top 10 or top 15 pick next draft with another big year. Not to mention his athleticism is off the charts

Last edited:

Hockenson - 6’5, 245
Fant - 6’4, 250
Hurst - 6’4, 245
Howard - 6’6, 250
Engram - 6’3, 240
Njoku - 6’4, 245
Ebron - 6’4, 250
Eifert - 6’6, 255
Gresham - 6’5, 260
How real Is that 235 number? He measured in at 6’3 258 at the opening coming in as a senior, I think Brevin probably around 245 or close to it . What separates Brevin from other tight ends is his run after catch ability and his ability to be a very good blocker. Most complete tight end in next years draft. If he stays healthy(which is the biggest thing) and tests relatively well 1st/2nd round could be a real possibility

Nobody besides Miami homers ever thought Joe Jackson or Jon Garvin were 1st round picks. Garvin is probably a better prospect than Jackson because he’ll at least test well. Jackson was an average athlete for the position and had limited pass rush moves.

Brevin Jordan is the classic production vs potential guy. He’s proven, on the field that he can play and be productive. He’s just going to have to beat the height stigma that’s going to scare some teams off. NFL teams want 6‘4” tight ends. Jordan is 6’2” on a good day. He’s a good athlete but not a freak like Njoku. He’s very much a Jordan Reed type who can make plays and get open but not necessarily dominate. If he’s healthy and has another productive season (40+ catches and handful of TDS) he’s a likely second rounder.

Advertisement
Back