1999 Era Recruiting vs Today (Derailed Maason Smith thread)

Not sure why people assume just because a team
Is doing bad that a kid will not still go there. Unless the program has a coaching change or something drastic happened... these kids will go to the school. Based on what y’all thinking, Miami should have no recruits.
Facts

Lol at these dummies

Advertisement
Miami made the final 5 list for Maason SMith today. Miami, UGA, LSU, Alabama, UF

Here's what he told the Rivals national reporter:

"In terms of relationships, Miami defensive coordinator Blake Bakers recruited Smith while in the same role at Louisiana Tech and had the opportunity to host Smith on-campus last year. Miami's success to open the 2020 season -- paired with the success of their defensive line -- has been intriguing to the No. 1 defensive tackle.

Miami defensive line coach Todd Stroud has also had a major impact on the Hurricanes' pursuit of Smith.

"To be honest, I think Miami's defensive scheme fits me the best out of any school," Smith said. "The way they let their defensive line attack, attack, attack. They run consistent four-down defensive line and my relationship with Coach Baker is like any other coaches -- especially as the coordinator -- I probably have the best relationship like I do with Coach Pete (at Alabama) or Coach (Dan) Lanning (from Georgia). All three are my dudes and I talk to them all the time. Coach Stroud keeps them in a vertical setting, and with them, you know what you're gonna get and you have to try and stop it, and I like that."
All new bag schools....we in the game baby but we can't compete with those other top money schools. Like LCE said UGA or LSU with Bama pushing late if they want him. Godfather type ****

LSU will have a fire sale of all there commits before the year is over. They won’t be a 500 ball club and people will realize the Coach O ain’t **** without Brady and Aranda!
Disagree.

2015 - 5
2016 - 2
2017 - 7
2018 - 15
2019 - 5
2020 - 4

- Brady wasn’t Brady until last year — for one year — in the minds of CFB. And the offense LSU runs is better than at anytime in LSU history or under Miles.
- No other team in college football has lost more talent to the NFL and opting out for next years draft than LSU.
- Orgeron is, if nothing else, a recruiter. That National Championship won’t wear off that quick.

They may lose a few because of who they’re competing with (AL, GA, Clemson) but LSU does a good job of keeping kids home.

Advertisement
y'all still pining for this kid? We've been after LA DTs for eons. The last big time LA DL we signed was - I think - Pat Riley. We used to strike out on LA DL year after year in the early to late 00s.

Advertisement
1602622095448.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back