1999 Era Recruiting vs Today (Derailed Maason Smith thread)

I'm sure he is still being contacted but if anything LSU will pitch him even harder on the "we need you" spill. Bo Pelini aint Aranda, atleast not anymore, that's for sure. MSU didn't really run the ball yesterday so their DL wasn't really tested and their edge guy, one specifically, was the only one getting pressure. All we can do is continue to do what we do, and put on a performance on defense in a couple of weeks. Obviously extremely unlikely but keep pressing. The kid already has stated that he loves our scheme and has seen the type of numbers our DL puts up. Keep chipping away.

Advertisement
Need him to visit “on his own dime” like he did to UGA Lol. I really think he wants to play with korey foreman, him not being able to visit here sucks.

If foreman goes to LSU I think he’s with him.. If not we have a better chance than people think

Advertisement
LSU was Landing 5 stars and getting dudes in the league when les miles was wearing wet diapers and pooping on himself and sitting in the hottest seat in cfb.

Doubt he flips with all that pediatric cancer money being thrown around down there.

However, as it was stated at one of the scrimmages “any player that doesn’t want to be on this team should have their head examined”.

IMO LSU is about to take a deep dive.

Not sure why people assume just because a team
Is doing bad that a kid will not still go there. Unless the program has a coaching change or something drastic happened... these kids will go to the school. Based on what y’all thinking, Miami should have no recruits.

Not sure why people assume just because a team
Is doing bad that a kid will not still go there. Unless the program has a coaching change or something drastic happened... these kids will go to the school. Based on what y’all thinking, Miami should have no recruits.
My original comment never stated LSU is doing bad, I stated that they do look weaker this year. Which is expected when 13 of your players are drafted and 4 key players opt out for this upcoming draft. Only one game but they don’t look like the juggernaut they were last season. Can they still be a dominant powerhouse? sure, but if they take a step back and we take two steps forward, and he likes what he sees from our scheme. I like our chances.

Advertisement
If Stroud beats Coach O for a 5star DT from LSU then crown the guy. I like Stroud and he’s done a great job, but this one I would bet on Ogeron/LSU/Bag.

Go Canes!

We have 3 DTs committed. Even if we assume Hayes got pushed out. I just don’t see an SEC country boy wanting to compete with a 5 star and another 4 star from Miami.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Miami made the final 5 list for Maason SMith today. Miami, UGA, LSU, Alabama, UF

Here's what he told the Rivals national reporter:

"In terms of relationships, Miami defensive coordinator Blake Bakers recruited Smith while in the same role at Louisiana Tech and had the opportunity to host Smith on-campus last year. Miami's success to open the 2020 season -- paired with the success of their defensive line -- has been intriguing to the No. 1 defensive tackle.

Miami defensive line coach Todd Stroud has also had a major impact on the Hurricanes' pursuit of Smith.

"To be honest, I think Miami's defensive scheme fits me the best out of any school," Smith said. "The way they let their defensive line attack, attack, attack. They run consistent four-down defensive line and my relationship with Coach Baker is like any other coaches -- especially as the coordinator -- I probably have the best relationship like I do with Coach Pete (at Alabama) or Coach (Dan) Lanning (from Georgia). All three are my dudes and I talk to them all the time. Coach Stroud keeps them in a vertical setting, and with them, you know what you're gonna get and you have to try and stop it, and I like that."

Miami made the final 5 list for Maason SMith today. Miami, UGA, LSU, Alabama, UF

Here's what he told the Rivals national reporter:

"In terms of relationships, Miami defensive coordinator Blake Bakers recruited Smith while in the same role at Louisiana Tech and had the opportunity to host Smith on-campus last year. Miami's success to open the 2020 season -- paired with the success of their defensive line -- has been intriguing to the No. 1 defensive tackle.

Miami defensive line coach Todd Stroud has also had a major impact on the Hurricanes' pursuit of Smith.

"To be honest, I think Miami's defensive scheme fits me the best out of any school," Smith said. "The way they let their defensive line attack, attack, attack. They run consistent four-down defensive line and my relationship with Coach Baker is like any other coaches -- especially as the coordinator -- I probably have the best relationship like I do with Coach Pete (at Alabama) or Coach (Dan) Lanning (from Georgia). All three are my dudes and I talk to them all the time. Coach Stroud keeps them in a vertical setting, and with them, you know what you're gonna get and you have to try and stop it, and I like that."
We pick him up the talent coming in at DT for 2021 is huge! Him and LT are what we need to be more dominate in the middle against top schools like Clemson

Advertisement
Back