-19 vs UNC

Totally up to the coaching staff if we cover the spread ... if we see rosier, knowles, Jahair Jones, and multiple backups on defense at the same time then it could be a dog fight just like last year for some ungodful reason

Advertisement
Even I am tempted to take UNC and the points. For whatever reason this game always plays like a rivalry game, and the refs have been ******** Miami in this game ever since we joined the ACC.

Advertisement
Seems kinda high.

Depends on who we start at QB. Short week and travel for them after a tough game against Pitt. We rested our starters the second half. We should win by 3 TD’s if Perry starts, Johnson and Richards are back and Diaz doesn’t blitz us out of coverage. I’m thinking it should be around 38-17 or something around that type of score.

Advertisement
They gave up 160yds rushing vs Cal
510yds total vs ECU (290yds passing 220yds rushing)
402yds total vs Pitt (228yds rushing).

They give up an average of 202.7yds per game rushing & their Defense hasn't forced an INT the entire season.

I'm not expecting Richt to start Perry, but if Rosier comes out slow & can't move the ball down the field on the first couple series Perry needs to get in the game & get the offense going. There's no reason why we can't run the ball on them this year despite struggling to do so last year.

Their QB Nathan Elliott is below average, he's passed for 669yds 3TD's & 4INT's on the season as a 56.7% passer.
In the ACC, they're 11th in Passing & 11th in Rushing, but they've only give up 1 sack on the season.

So, given its a home game @ The Rock the atmosphere should be loud & intense. Our Defense picked off Nathan 3 times & forced a fumble last year, while also knocking out 3 QB's, they should eat big time against this team.

Defensive inconsistency vs weak teams is something Manny has to get out of, there's not a single player on this UNC offense that's worth a ****.

And offensive inconsistency in run blocking is something Richt & Searels needs to drill in our OL's head. If our lineman block like they're supposed to, we should run the ball down their throat & if Perry is playing he should pick that secondary apart.

UNC is one of the 3 worst teams in the ACC, the only reason why these games are ever close is because we don't handle our business & play down to competition.

I got Miami winning 37-16.

We always get in dog fights with the shyttiest of ACC teams. Been doing it forever. I’d be shocked to see us do what we should do to UNC, which is drub them by at least 21.

Wouldn’t at all be surprised to see them come out like a typical old school wrestling jobber and walk right down the field on their first drive for a TD. Then they get confidence and start feeling themselves.

Advertisement
We always get in dog fights with the shyttiest of ACC teams. Been doing it forever. I’d be shocked to see us do what we should do to UNC, which is drub them by at least 21.

Wouldn’t at all be surprised to see them come out like a typical old school wrestling jobber and walk right down the field on their first drive for a TD. Then they get confidence and start feeling themselves.
Sad to think about but it’s very possible especially if Diaz starts to feel himself a little too much

UNC is terrible. ECU blew them out. I'll be disappointed if we don't cover that easily

UNC was without like 8 starters. They are all back. It’s a risky bet in my opinion, but I do agree if we play like we are capable we should cover.

They gave up 160yds rushing vs Cal
510yds total vs ECU (290yds passing 220yds rushing)
402yds total vs Pitt (228yds rushing).

They give up an average of 202.7yds per game rushing & their Defense hasn't forced an INT the entire season.

I'm not expecting Richt to start Perry, but if Rosier comes out slow & can't move the ball down the field on the first couple series Perry needs to get in the game & get the offense going. There's no reason why we can't run the ball on them this year despite struggling to do so last year.

Their QB Nathan Elliott is below average, he's passed for 669yds 3TD's & 4INT's on the season as a 56.7% passer.
In the ACC, they're 11th in Passing & 11th in Rushing, but they've only give up 1 sack on the season.

So, given its a home game @ The Rock the atmosphere should be loud & intense. Our Defense picked off Nathan 3 times & forced a fumble last year, while also knocking out 3 QB's, they should eat big time against this team.

Defensive inconsistency vs weak teams is something Manny has to get out of, there's not a single player on this UNC offense that's worth a ****.

And offensive inconsistency in run blocking is something Richt & Searels needs to drill in our OL's head. If our lineman block like they're supposed to, we should run the ball down their throat & if Perry is playing he should pick that secondary apart.

UNC is one of the 3 worst teams in the ACC, the only reason why these games are ever close is because we don't handle our business & play down to competition.

I got Miami winning 37-16.
Perfectly stated. We should run all over them but we almost never do.

A few years ago they were close to last in the country in rush defense, but we couldn’t run. Baylor then ran for 600 on them with an actual WR playing QB. Their run D ate balls last year too, yet they stuffed us.

Advertisement
Put a billion on UNC +19. This team wants FSU's blood. I fully expect a half-assed performance Thursday, especially on a short week.

Perfectly stated. We should run all over them but we almost never do.

A few years ago they were close to last in the country in rush defense, but we couldn’t run. Baylor then ran for 600 on them with an actual WR playing QB. Their run D ate balls last year too, yet they stuffed us.
That's what's crazy Chise, teams like ECU & Pitt can rush for over 200yds a piece but Miami will struggle running vs that weak run defense. And neither one of those teams have better OL's than us.

I'm hoping with a new QB our run game will finally click, but what I do know is their secondary is just as bad so Perry should carve these clowns up if he gets in there. If Rosier plays more than a few series then Idk what to predict lol.

That's what's crazy Chise, teams like ECU & Pitt can rush for over 200yds a piece but Miami will struggle running vs that weak run defense. And neither one of those teams have better OL's than us.

I'm hoping with a new QB our run game will finally click, but what I do know is their secondary is just as bad so Perry should carve these clowns up if he gets in there. If Rosier plays more than a few series then Idk what to predict lol.

The good news is Miami has been more consistent with the run this season unlike the last 2 years. OL seems to be getting better every week. That being said, we always struggle vs. UNC and their garbage Defense.

Usually, thursday night games are a huge advantage for the home team. Miami’s Offense is clicking in a way we haven’t seen in a while with Perry. I think Miami is due and pulls a solid victory. 38-13.

Short week cuts both ways here. If I were a UNC fan, I'd be ****ed that someone scheduled a trip to Miami on a short week.

Advertisement
Back