18 games into Mario’s Regime

It’s why many here didn’t want Mario
Wow! Your avatar is stellar to work with!

Yi0AgxOO.gif

Advertisement
I still want to believe.

I still will hold out hope.

He's getting the players, but we NEED one of them to be a QB.

That is all.
Agreed alot of this is emotional overreaction. We desperately need a qb. We’re a legit qb away from dominating TVD ain’t it for modern football.

We’re also playing hella freshman probably the most in the nation. I see the potential.

Advertisement
Wanted to start off by saying I’m keeping recruiting out of this rant, and will have a separate thread later (longer, more emotional rant).

Let’s get some really sobering numbers out of the way. Through 18 games, Mario is:
  • 9-9 overall
  • 3-7 in the vaunted ACC
  • 0-5 at home against ACC opponents
  • 0-4 against ranked opponents
  • Oversaw of the single-most embarrassing play in not only Miami’s history, but arguably all of college football

Certainly not 80 million dollars worth of results right there, but I’ll save that for the good part in the recruiting thread.

What I saw tonight was the same product I’ve seen for twenty years. In the first half, I felt like we should have been up 10…and then we got our *** absolutely blasted in the second half. UNC had 14 penalties for 147 yards, and we still lost by two scores. The refs will never call a better game for us.

If Mario Cristobal finds a way to win seven or fewer games this year, his seat would be warm at any school that game a **** about athletics. Especially now that Year 2 counterparts Venebles and Napier are experiencing varying levels of momentum in Year 2 (yeah guess what, Napier is 5-2 and has two more conference wins in 2023 than Mario has). Lose to UF to begin 2024, and I’d venture to say his seat would be hot.

But - it won’t happen. We’re stuck with Saint Cristobal for 5 years minimum. I’m not sure where to go after this performance, as I can easily see the team folding and losing five or six to close out another underachieving year. The hype was just that - again. And most of us fell for it.
A fool is born everyday and UM are some **** fools for hiring him.

Advertisement
Next year won’t be anything special.
It won’t be special. But by the end of year three there should be a defined trajectory. If we’re still making these low iq mistakes by the end of next year then we can pretty much say that the Mario experience is a complete failure. I never expected a huge jump this year, but next year is his make or break season imo.

Wanted to start off by saying I’m keeping recruiting out of this rant, and will have a separate thread later (longer, more emotional rant).

Let’s get some really sobering numbers out of the way. Through 18 games, Mario is:
  • 9-9 overall
  • 3-7 in the vaunted ACC
  • 1-4 against ranked opponents
  • Oversaw of the single-most embarrassing play in not only Miami’s history, but arguably all of college football

Certainly not 80 million dollars worth of results right there, but I’ll save that for the good part in the recruiting thread.

What I saw tonight was the same product I’ve seen for twenty years. In the first half, I felt like we should have been up 10…and then we got our *** absolutely blasted in the second half. UNC had 14 penalties for 147 yards, and we still lost by two scores. The refs will never call a better game for us.

If Mario Cristobal finds a way to win seven or fewer games this year, his seat would be warm at any school that game a **** about athletics. Especially now that Year 2 counterparts Venebles and Napier are experiencing varying levels of momentum in Year 2 (yeah guess what, Napier is 5-2 and has two more conference wins in 2023 than Mario has). Lose to UF to begin 2024, and I’d venture to say his seat would be hot.

But - it won’t happen. We’re stuck with Saint Cristobal for 5 years minimum. I’m not sure where to go after this performance, as I can easily see the team folding and losing five or six to close out another underachieving year. The hype was just that - again. And most of us fell for it.
if we lose to Napier next year this place is going to implode lol

GT was inexcusable. But Roms has a point, this always a multi year project. (Rather it should be or not bc we’re seeing other new coaches have success early is another discussion). We all got on the hype train early this year. Again.

Other programs are turning things around faster in this age of college football.

Zero reason Miami has to wait 5 years when we lose because of corching and undisciplined mistakes

Advertisement

• 9-9 overall
  • 3-7 in the vaunted ACC
  • 1-4 against ranked opponents

You really think miami fires Mario with 5 years left and eats 40 M,I sure as **** don't.At best they wait until after year 8 and eat 16M and even that is doubtful.

Not necessarily. I don’t know who you believe were legit qb options to come to Miami.

He destroyed 3 QBs last year and has a bad reputation…

That’s on him. He also hired a **** OC. And then took forever to hire the replacement.

Roster management is on the HC and our QB room sucks and our DL and CB depth and talent are predictably subpar…

Advertisement
Idk what y’all saw tonight other than a team drug into the deepend on the LOS on D..and Turnovers..and juice. This team will continue to get better as the year progresses Imo..as I’ve said y’all need to recalibrate y’all recalibration after the A&M win..we are not in a Clemson or Texas A$M situation as far as this man’s tenure..we aren’t where we need too be

Exactly who did he “destroy”?? Jake garcia at mizzo who’s probably 3rd string? TVD who got hurt behind a terrible oline with 2 transfers who don’t start at their new stop? Had he “destroyed” TVD this year..as a fanbase we are hungry but we gotta face the reality of where exactly we are roster wise in this tenure..we don’t have the roster to overcome goaline fumbles, snaps gone array and INTs on the road against a legitimate top 15 team..the vision for this roster is not complete..anddd we should’ve taken a knee vs tech

He destroyed 3 QBs last year and has a bad reputation…

That’s on him. He also hired a **** OC. And then took forever to hire the replacement.

Roster management is on the HC and our QB room sucks and our DL and CB depth and talent are predictably subpar…
Our qb room doesn’t suck. Just not championship caliber. Bain wayne and kelly are getting major burn at EDGE. And they weren’t setting the edge all night. This team will be a problem in the next year or 2.

Advertisement
Back