18 games into Mario’s Regime

WeBallinBoyz

Whisper "It Just Means More" Again Daddy
Premium
Wanted to start off by saying I’m keeping recruiting out of this rant, and will have a separate thread later (longer, more emotional rant).

Let’s get some really sobering numbers out of the way. Through 18 games, Mario is:
  • 9-9 overall
  • 3-7 in the vaunted ACC
  • 0-5 at home against ACC opponents
  • 1-4 against ranked opponents
  • Oversaw of the single-most embarrassing play in not only Miami’s history, but arguably all of college football

Certainly not 80 million dollars worth of results right there, but I’ll save that for the good part in the recruiting thread.

What I saw tonight was the same product I’ve seen for twenty years. In the first half, I felt like we should have been up 10…and then we got our *** absolutely blasted in the second half. UNC had 14 penalties for 147 yards, and we still lost by two scores. The refs will never call a better game for us.

If Mario Cristobal finds a way to win seven or fewer games this year, his seat would be warm at any school that game a **** about athletics. Especially now that Year 2 counterparts Venebles and Napier are experiencing varying levels of momentum in Year 2 (yeah guess what, Napier is 5-2 and has two more conference wins in 2023 than Mario has). Lose to UF to begin 2024, and I’d venture to say his seat would be hot.

But - it won’t happen. We’re stuck with Saint Cristobal for 5 years minimum. I’m not sure where to go after this performance, as I can easily see the team folding and losing five or six to close out another underachieving year. The hype was just that - again. And most of us fell for it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The most embrassing loss was App state being d2 upsetting Mich.
It’s not a loss, it’s a play. I don’t think there’s an example in history of a team doing what he did against GT. It’s all part of a continuous cycle of poor decision-making and a lack of feel. He’s so wound up that it affects everyone around him.

Advertisement
The University of Miami football program is one giant money laundering scheme orchestrated by the Columbus Mafia. It’s how Lionel Messi was able to come here and prop up the MLS. The money is flowing through Christomoron in part, with his 80m contract being used as Messi’s signing bonus.

Wanted to start off by saying I’m keeping recruiting out of this rant, and will have a separate thread later (longer, more emotional rant).

Let’s get some really sobering numbers out of the way. Through 18 games, Mario is:
  • 9-9 overall
  • 3-7 in the vaunted ACC
  • 0-5 at home against ACC opponents
  • 0-4 against ranked opponents
  • Oversaw of the single-most embarrassing play in not only Miami’s history, but arguably all of college football

Certainly not 80 million dollars worth of results right there, but I’ll save that for the good part.

What I saw tonight was the same product I’ve seen for twenty years. In the first half, I felt like we should have been up 10…and then we got our *** absolutely blasted in the second half. UNC had 14 penalties for 147 yards, and we still lost by two scores. The refs will never call a better game for us.

If Mario Cristobal finds a way to win seven or fewer games this year, his seat would be warm at any school that game a **** about athletics. Especially now that guys like Venebles and Napier are experiencing varying levels of momentum in Year 2 (yeah guess what, Napier is 5-2 and has two more conference wins in 2023 than Mario has). Lose to UF to begin 2024, and I’d venture to say his seat would be hot.

But - it won’t happen. We’re stuck with Saint Cristobal for 5 years minimum. I’m not sure where to go after this performance, as I can easy see the team folding and losing five or six to close out another underachieving year. The hype was just that - again. And most of us fell for it.
Recruiting has ALOT to do with this. His guys are young and green. The guys we are cursing, he inherited. I’m excited for Anez, Mauignoa, Wes, Bain, CJ, Riley. These guys are going to be stars.

Advertisement
I still want to believe.

I still will hold out hope.

He's getting the players, but we NEED one of them to be a QB.

That is all.
Parrish fumbled the ball going into the end zone for crying out loud. Lee blew the snap to TVD. Then TVD threw the interception. What the **** is Kam doing back there? This team's problems run much deeper than just TVD

Advertisement
This program and team suck, point blank.
No matter how much money we dump into this program or who we recruit, we still can’t do better than .500 in this ****** ACC conference.

Wheels are going to completely fall off this **** wagon next week. We’ll be 0-3 conference play and dead last in the conference, that’s what $80 million buys you now a days.

It’s why many here didn’t want Mario

He was getting blown out of the water by Utah and fans were pumped that it might help him leave. It was ludicrous.

Fans were clamoring for this guy for years and they finally got him. it was an experiment seemingly destined to happen eventually because of the **** Miami connection. Unfortunately there might not be any program to save after he’s finally done here. This was the last chance.

The one positive after he’s fired 5+ year from now is we won’t have to hear “leTS gET maRIO” ever again.

Guidry I like I think we can win with better talent. Christ our vaunted safeties are blowing coverages and tackles all day every day.

Dawson was basic and a C- hire from the go.

TVD won’t make an NFL roster.

Mario won’t ever be able to help himself in how he wants to run a tuff n fizical style. Shine is long gone. Recruiting will implode and we will be worse off than with Mandy if he doesn’t start winning

Advertisement
Recruiting has ALOT to do with this. His guys are young and green. The guys we are cursing, he inherited. I’m excited for Anez, Mauignoa, Wes, Bain, CJ, Riley. These guys are going to be stars.
You just wait for my recruiting thread, friend.

People thought it was gonna be flip season right? Well it will be - for others. De-commitments are on the horizon.

umm-no-kenan-thompson.gif

Advertisement
Back