Advertisement
Tape looks okay. Nothing that leads you to believe he has any pass rushing skills or bend off the edge. He's long as **** but doesn't look like he uses his length. He's a pterodactyl though, bring in an athlete like that and see if you can coach him up.

I thought the same thing after watching film. He's just the perfect DE build.

Advertisement
@Liberty City El hrs got that cam Williams look? Frames look pretty close.
Not as thick build as Cam, Cam has broader shoulders & his lower body was more developed coming out of Nade.

Jabari still has his Basketball body, he's got that crazy wingspan, natural quickness & he's a smooth fluid runner, they used him on Kickoff coverage at Columbus & stood him up at OLB too.

He's not as freakish as Rousseau, but he has similar physical traits. He's gonna need his techniques refined & learn to be more aggress with his hand fighting skills & obviously with his pops being a Strength Coach he & Feeley will get him right & add muscle to his frame.

He's got that Randy Gregory without the Weed type of upside. You redshirt'em, get him up to 230-240lbs & allow him to be a dynamic Weak-side DE that can also play Viper as a standup rusher. He'll play his best ball by his Red Soph/Junior year. I don't think he'll be a kid that hits the ground running from day one.

Last edited:
Tape looks okay. Nothing that leads you to believe he has any pass rushing skills or bend off the edge. He's long as **** but doesn't look like he uses his length. He's a pterodactyl though, bring in an athlete like that and see if you can coach him up.
Keep in mind I made the OP in April of 2019 after his Sophomore year, his Junior season HUDL tape shows much more ability.

And people who have seen him live will tell you that he actually has very good hip bend, he's just a very raw prospect.

Columbus used him a lot as a Standup LB, they even had him playing Mike backer, he's got very good natural quick feet, he just has to learn the tricks of the trade to be a more complete DE. But his athletic ability is special.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Columbus used him a lot as a Standup LB, they even had him playing Mike backer, he's got very good natural quick feet, he just has to learn the tricks of the trade to be a more complete DE. But his athletic ability is special.

This is what caught my eye. It's very rare to see a 6'5 kid play like that, especially on a state championship defense.

The Columbus coaches say good things. Everybody loves the upside.

This is what caught my eye. It's very rare to see a 6'5 kid play like that, especially on a state championship defense.

The Columbus coaches say good things. Everybody loves the upside.
That's the kind of thing Chantz did last year, right? Standup some. Well, heck he even lined up in the wildcat.

He's not as far along as Chantz as a football player....and as an aggressive athlete...but we are getting a kid like this every cycle now: Garvin, GR15, Harvey, Chantz, and now Jabari.

For the first time since I've followed Miami recruiting, we are getting some positions on lock: S, DE, TE, and RB will be there if we can snag two studs in 2022.

That's the kind of thing Chantz did last year, right? Standup some. Well, heck he even lined up in the wildcat.

He's not as far along as Chantz as a football player....and as an aggressive athlete...but we are getting a kid like this every cycle now: Garvin, GR15, Harvey, Chantz, and now Jabari.

For the first time since I've followed Miami recruiting, we are getting some positions on lock: S, DE, TE, and RB will be there if we can snag two studs in 2022.

He reminds me of Cameron Williams but a little more upside. Manny stocks up on 6'4+ pass rushers who can run.

Advertisement
Can’t wait for Jabari to send the commitment in. Kid is yet another in the long line of DE’s we are stock piling across classes. It’s simply amazing the level of recruiting we’ve done at DE these past few years. Loving all the athletes we’ve managed to stockpile and turn lose on opposing QB’s. We’re going to be great at the position for years to come and I’m sure that we’ll land at least 2 more studs for 2022.

I’m do
Im going to Islamorada this weekend for some R&R with the fam. Usually when I go down there the Canes get good news!
[/QUOTE I’m down at big pine key for the week, looks like bad weather coming in for a few days.
Im going to Islamorada this weekend for some R&R with the fam. Usually when I go down there the Canes get good news!
were down from NC for a week at big pine key, out today on first day. Bad weather coming in for a few days.

on defense, you are starting to see the payoff of having one system in place that produces specific types of successful players. the defensive staff can now point to this kind of lanky pass rusher and show how that player will eat in our system. same for safeties... tons of opportunities to make plays in our system.

if we can get to that point w/ 3 other types of players we'll have consistent top 5 defenses a la clemson and alabama

1. penetrating DT -- mcintosh and willis hopefully leading into productive years from nesta and ford, into leonard taylor etc
2. move LB -- getting guys like sam brooks, tirek austin cave, avery huff on the field and making plays will hopefully attract more high quality athletic LB
3. long armed CB -- we all know rumph has a type at CB. the development of guys like dj ivey, christian williams, isiah dunson etc will be key in attracting this type of player but paired w/ the athletic upside that everyone knows is still missing

on some of these we may still be a few years away... DT feels closest to getting there if we land taylor. but at each level of the defense you know what kind of players this staff is looking for. if the current players on the roster get developed we should be able to begin landing higher upside athletes like we are now doing at DE and S.

this is why we also need lashlee's offense to stick -- even if he moves on, we need an identity on offense (phase one), and then we need to start producing consistently in certain spots, and go from there. thankfully we have a national brand at TE and are so spoiled with local talent at RB that we can trip over our ****s for two years and still clean up at those spots.

Advertisement
Back