I remember when Bama grsyshirted a Top 100 recruit a couple years ago!
That's Bama though. Think of it like this, that situation was the exception not the rule. Can we get someone to grayshirt... sure it's possible but we aren't at the level were we can get a kid who has options to do so. And it's disrespectful to that kid and his dad to try and that. So that won't happen unless dad is on board and I doubt that but I could be wrong. Like I mentioned before fans want this to happen but it's highly unlikely to.

Advertisement
That's Bama though. Think of it like this, that situation was the exception not the rule. Can we get someone to grayshirt... sure it's possible but we aren't at the level were we can get a kid who has options to do so. And it's disrespectful to that kid and his dad to try and that. So that won't happen unless dad is on board and I doubt that but I could be wrong. Like I mentioned before fans want this to happen but it's highly unlikely to.

Oh yeah for sure. That stuff doesn’t happen too often, especially for a prospect like Ishmael. Just the fact Bama pulled it off with a Top100 kid is just insane recruiting!

Hey question for anyone who may know a little better down there. I’m in MA and a good majority of schools have programs where if the parent works for the school, the kid can go for free if they qualify academically. Anyone have any insight into Miami having anything similar?
Reason I ask if because if UM does offer this, could we theoretically sign Ishmael and not have him count towards a scholly?

Advertisement
Hey question for anyone who may know a little better down there. I’m in MA and a good majority of schools have programs where if the parent works for the school, the kid can go for free if they qualify academically. Anyone have any insight into Miami having anything similar?
Reason I ask if because if UM does offer this, could we theoretically sign Ishmael and not have him count towards a scholly?
Already discussed. Yes he can come for free. But the athletic scholarship offers more. And imo it would be disrespectful to offer anything different than a full athletic scholarship to a man and his father who worked so hard to get where he is.

Already discussed. Yes he can come for free. But the athletic scholarship offers more. And imo it would be disrespectful to offer anything different than a full athletic scholarship to a man and his father who worked so hard to get where he is.
Genuinely curious as I don’t know what comes with it but what does the scholly offer that his parent working for the school wouldn’t? Is it a housing/meal plan difference?

Advertisement
Bye felicia,
XGwGSwshxyCzN2nci31TxRb23D-Kxc74DNne21xIHYsP5TSI8dW7WzV07s0R6IJNkGtdE_G_nsnzNtPnggVDABrcX8_-PY0lmPLKydbgfrlVmrjbYcI6-zL2BfIIPwCCrmEPdLA1tQ

What more does the Athletic Scholarship offer other than Room and Board (Ishmael can commute to UM for a 1 year then be put on scholarship his 2nd year and it would only count against the 85 man roster and not the 25 intial counters for 2021 nor 2022).

As for the disrespectful part, Ishmael can be set up with some prime marketing name & likeness deals (camping world gear anyone?) to cover his room & board if he really wants to live on campus that bad his 1st year.

@RealRussellPumps as for football player scholarship or PWO you are allowed access to the training table (wicked good unlimited meals and snacks :very-drunk: ) which is different than normal students. The NCAA changed the rules a few years back an allowed all players to be fed. Now the big difference recently for scholarship players was the full cost of attendance stipends schools were allowed to pay student athletes.

Go Canes

Last edited:
The staff wouldn't do that. Fans may want it to happen but that's not how this works especially with a highly coveted kid.
It was in reference to someone thinking he’d come as a greyshirt. No way I would be playing with him nor his family like that, it’s why I said I wouldn’t and I pray we don’t. He’s too valuable of a recruit to treat any other way than as a highly coveted recruit

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back