12-Team College Football Playoff?

Advertisement
Advertisement
So 1 thru 4 get byes
5 thru 12 play each other with the high seed having home field.
Top 4 seeds would have 3 games max to win it all
Lower seeds would need the extra game, so 4.

Thats a lot of games.

My question is ---How many regular season games will we have knowing that you could potentially have 4 postseason games.

As a fan I love it but will the players?

Advertisement
So 1 thru 4 get byes

Thats a lot of games.

My question is ---How many regular season games will we have knowing that you could potentially have 4 postseason games.

My guess is it would be an 8 game conf schedule and 1 non conf. The only down side to this is prime time opening weekend games and non conf rivalries would be put in jeopardy. Nobody is gonna play a legit P5 opponent in their opener if they don’t get another cupcake.

I don’t think it kills bowl games at all.Bowl games are dying more year after year cause there are waaaaaaay too many.You have ****** teams playing ****tier teams and not even their fanbases are watching.

You take this 12 team playoff and you include the bowls in this playoff structure and rotate them year to year and split the TV money ,which will be in the hundreds of millions maybe even billions of dollars equally between ALL schools and everyone will be better for it..

1623201966479.jpeg

Advertisement
So 1 thru 4 get byes

Thats a lot of games.

Non playoff Bowl games already on life support. However, with the probable coming of expanded playoffs it is good to see universities putting player safety above revenue.

You guys do know that the Florida HIGH SCHOOL State Champion has to play 15 games, right?

1 kickoff classic. 10 regular season. 4 playoff.

The Super Bowl winner will play 19 or 20 games depending if they got a bye or not.

Why is it looked at as such an insurmountable task for a college team to play 16 or 17 games? The champion plays 15 already if they are not in the Big 12.

These guys could easily handle a one or two more games from an expanded playoff bracket. There is ZERO reason to cut regular season games to do this.

Advertisement
Not against expanded Football playoffs. Lower tier bowl games are boring, and as folks pointed out; it's an extra 1-2 games a year. I think an 8 team playoff is better than 12 though.

If you can't run the table as a non power five and make the Top 8 (which one spot should be reserved for so the UCF's and Boise States of the world will STFU), you don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

Not against expanded Football playoffs. Lower tier bowl games are boring, and as folks pointed out; it's an extra 1-2 games a year. I think an 8 team playoff is better than 12 though.

If you can't run the table as a non power five and make the Top 8 (which one spot should be reserved for so the UCF's and Boise States of the world will STFU), you don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

Agree wholeheartedly. 8 team playoff. Plus, I don’t want to see 3-4 SEC teams in this bih, which will happen.

Thats the ******* truth. Like, if anyone expects some form of parity with this, no chance. Smaller teams "get a shot", but that shot is so small, they will lose so many times, an upset would be considered historic. This isnt 2007 where App St beats Michigan and USF and Cal were considered top 5 football teams at one point.

Parity is such an illusion. Last time Bama got beaten by someone outside of the SEC, it was 2018. And that was Clemson.

Advertisement
Back