12-Team College Football Playoff?

Advertisement
I think shortening the regular season makes a football equivelent of the Not In Tournament series possible.

Mack Brown says his players are against a 12 team playoff. Most UNC players think 6 to 8 teams is the cap while some think 4 is good enough.

I personally don't see it ever going to a 12 team playoff. I think it will be at 8 max to give conference champs an entry along with the best G5 and 2 at large.

Advertisement
It's hard to believe that all this discussion about the conference's willingness to give up divisions isn't a prelude to the expansion itself. Getting the 2 best teams in a CCG every season is imperative to getting the best representatives when you are committing to playing a longer season. Of course, that's frankly true even now with 4 teams.

Advertisement
Screenshot_20220218-125245_SmartNews.jpg

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Follow the money. A12 team playoff might not happen right away, but if the right amount of money is dangled in front of the NCAA and the conferences will be all in on the idea.
And ironically it is the leagues that need it most that are fighting it. The ACC could use every opportunity possible to get more viewership and revenue.

What 4 to 8 other teams did yall think deserved to be in the playoffs this year?

Except for the 2018 season when Notre Lame got voted in over OH ST & then got crushed by Clemson, there haven’t been any major snubs, they get the right 4 pretty much every year.

Expanding the playoffs is just gonna create a bunch of traffic to allow for 9-3 SEC teams who aren’t even qualified to sneak their way in. Just keep it at 4 & leave it as is...

The criteria is set, all you have to do is handle your business, take care of your schedule & you’ll get in.

Advertisement
What 4 to 8 other teams did yall think deserved to be in the playoffs this year?

Except for the 2018 season when Notre Lame got voted in over OH ST & then got crushed by Clemson, there haven’t been any major snubs, they get the right 4 pretty much every year.

Expanding the playoffs is just gonna create a bunch of traffic to allow for 9-3 SEC teams who aren’t even qualified to sneak their way in. Just keep it at 4 & leave it as is...

The criteria is set, all you have to do is handle your business, take care of your schedule & you’ll get in.
The regular season is already a playoff. Expanding will ruin the best regular season in sports. If you’re ranked 6-10 you have no argument to compete for a title.

Last edited:

For me it's not even that they deserve to or not get into the playoffs.

It's about the meaninglessness of all the other games.

Just want to get back to where there felt like many more meaningful bowl games, and not just 3 now.

Why? You want a playoff full of SEC teams? I am good.
As a lifelong playoff advocate and for a while, an expansion advocate, I've come to agree with this for that very reason. The SEC, or more accurately the worshipping and enabling of it by the media and NCAA, has almost ruined college football as a national sport. With very limited playoff spots, at least some of those entitled toxic SEC fan bases are going to be really frustrated as perpetual 4-loss teams that get lost in the mix. Oklahoma? Welcome to life among Tennessee and the Mississippis.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back