12-Team College Football Playoff?

Who said we have to use the bowl games?

Are you a child? "Who said"?

The most significant of the bowl game sites will continue to be a part of the process. There are a ton of reasons to do so. Clearly, you don't know anything about the details of running a large venue, staffing it, having food/beverage inventory, etc. Not to mention travel plans, accommodations, etc.

The absolute LAST thing that college football needs is to saddle 4 college campus stadiums (or more, under your ridiculous proposal) with extra games, and games for which the location will not be decided until the last possible moment.

If is one thing to know months (and years) in advance that your team might need to go to Tuscaloosa, Alabama to play a game. But to suddenly decide that a game will be played in a particular rural location just a few weeks in advance, when most of the campus employees are not planning to be around, is just insane.

It is far better to play in NFL stadiums (bowl game sites) which are better-equipped for just about every aspect of hosting ad hoc matchups of playoff teams.

But just keep yapping about "geographic advantages".

Advertisement
Exactly what I have said throughout this discussion. People want expansion but won’t accept that we’re just adding more SEC teams to the process.

So when we go from 4 teams to 12 teams, there will be 8 more SEC teams?

Besides, I already proposed a solution to that, which is to cap the number of teams from ANY conference. And while my idea may not be a part of the current proposal, it will happen in any future year where any conference is deemed to have "too many teams" by the rest of the college football world.

So, let's see...we are supposed to pretend that you aren't Jagr (and multiple other screen names) who was one of the most combative and (personally) insulting posters ever? And that you haven't been banned multiple times for those same offenses?

Sure, whatever. Now you are "AquinasStatGuy", some mild-mannered guy who is soooo upset over people calling you brain dead. Or was it made infinitely worse by the addition of another word?

Unlike you, I haven't been banned multiple times, and I've only used one screen name, ever.

As for "quoted for future reference", I see you've gone back to your subtle Miami-hatred routine again, with your "our only chance to make the playoffs" is through expansion. We know who you are and what you are.
I’ve tried to be civil and just talk about the playoffs. It’s a controversial issue. If you insist on making it about me, carry on. Other people have offered solid insight and are worth discussing it with.

The most significant of the bowl game sites will continue to be a part of the process. There are a ton of reasons to do so. Clearly, you don't know anything about the details of running a large venue, staffing it, having food/beverage inventory, etc. Not to mention travel plans, accommodations, etc.

The absolute LAST thing that college football needs is to saddle 4 college campus stadiums (or more, under your ridiculous proposal) with extra games, and games for which the location will not be decided until the last possible moment.

If is one thing to know months (and years) in advance that your team might need to go to Tuscaloosa, Alabama to play a game. But to suddenly decide that a game will be played in a particular rural location just a few weeks in advance, when most of the campus employees are not planning to be around, is just insane.

It is far better to play in NFL stadiums (bowl game sites) which are better-equipped for just about every aspect of hosting ad hoc matchups of playoff teams.

If we’re changing the entire process of deciding a champion, there is no reason why we can’t change the places at which those games are played. It’s not federal law that we keep the bowl games in place. If people insist on deciding a “true champion on the field”, then the better teams should have advantages.

If we’re changing the entire process of deciding a champion, there is no reason why we can’t change the places at which those games are played. It’s not federal law that we keep the bowl games in place. If people insist on deciding a “true champion on the field”, then the better teams should have advantages.

Advertisement
So when we go from 4 teams to 12 teams, there will be 8 more SEC teams?

Besides, I already proposed a solution to that, which is to cap the number of teams from ANY conference. And while my idea may not be a part of the current proposal, it will happen in any future year where any conference is deemed to have "too many teams" by the rest of the college football world.
How are we deciding a true champion if we cap the teams by conference? Is it not realistic that there might be a year in which a strong conference has, say, four legitimate top 12 teams? If the 4th team from the Big 10 is better than the 2nd team from the PAC 12, the Big 10 team deserves to be in so that we decide it on the field.

Maybe now is a good time to just let the topic rest where it is until something comes of this.

Advertisement
I would abandon the topic too if I were you. You were dying a slow death.
DC0A1FCC-BD9B-46EF-9475-E5616BD90EB2.jpeg

Lmao. I rest my case.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Does moving to 12 teams BENEFIT MIAMI?

The answer is clearly YES. It helps us especially with recruiting. Which is the key to us ever being back.

So I'm all for it. It's just as simple as that.

Advertisement
Back