12 Cents With Relly Rell Part IV

Don’t necessarily agree on Enos.

We left 150 yards of offense and aton of points on the field because of drops and overthrows.

He can get too cute at times but I thought he mixed it up fairly well tonight.

Bro; I strongly advise you to re-watch that game. Let’s take the dub today, but again, re-watch the game as an objectionable fan, not a die hard Canes fan. It was a **** poor game plan besides the first drive and our last two drives.

Advertisement
Bro; I strongly advise you to re-watch that game. Let’s take the dub today, but again, re-watch the game as an objectionable fan, not a die hard Canes fan. It was a **** poor game plan besides the first drive and our last two drives.

I was at the game. We had at least half a dozen drops. And thats being conservative.

The play to Pope was beautiful to watch develop, so was the overload throw to Osborn in the end zone. There were quite a few more like those that didn’t connect because of player error not play call that left at least two, maybe three TDs on the field.

You have to consider those when looking at his overall performance, not just the plays that didn’t work.

Like i said, he can get too cute with his play calling, but overall we could have easily dropped 30 against a **** good, very physical defense.

I just watched the first drive, after missing it live due to traffic.

I didn't realize that was so situationally fortunate. There were some good calls during that drive but then the asinine 3rd down screen pass was wiped out. Amidst normalcy that wold have been a 43 yard field goal attempt. Fortunately we had no faith in Baxa and the replacement kicker apparently doesn't have much of a leg for distance. So we went for it on 4th down and that pattern was covered but N'Kosi bailed out the drive with a great decisive scramble. That's actually the most decisive run I have ever seen from Perry as a Canes, even moreso than the second touchdown of the game. He made a great cut shift right on that one.

If you're going to call screen passes, do it on second down. I have emphasized that for 15+ years, after working in a stats office and being privy to nationwide tendencies as a result. Screens are overrated but second down is their best fit. At least we finally called a screen on second and long instead of third and long, and were rewarded with the first touchdown.

The ESPN announcer Louis Riddick seemed to understand that screens fit best on second down

Totally agree with your post, @Rellyrell, spot on!
Especially on Enos.... how the fvck he calls his plays.... does he stick his hand in a bag and whatever plays he pulls out he runs?!? Jesus Cristo!! This cabrone forces me to take Xanax! Sheesh.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yeah the defence was light years better tonight.

Maybe Diaz has to be one of those HC that calls his side of the ball to succeed rather than a CEO.

If Manny wasn’t holding his hand, Baker would still be running the same **** show. Job Learning 101 for a DC? Does he revert back if Manny returns to CEO status?

Too bad that the CEO has no OC skills. We need someone with a brain on that side too.

The O did Miami no favors. 30 pts is minimum target--too many stalled drives. AT LEAST though reduced 3-outs.

D lucky to hold them to 9.

OC and DC are significantly overpaid.

As is HC.

Take the W, but still so much to fix.

The thing that stood out most to me about how great the DL played was:

Yes they were aggressive and disruptive. BUT if you are overly aggressive Perkins will kill you with his legs.

For the most part they were very disruptive but also disciplined. Not an easy task against a QB like that. I was very impressed.

I’m not sure if Enos knows this but when it’s 2nd or 3rd and 1 we have a back named Deejay Dallas that doesn’t go down easily, and some decent guards. No need to get cute. That **** was infuriating. Once? Ok ok. But repeatedly? Get it together man.

It’s bad when the other coach only needs one drive to figure out exactly what you’re doing schematically (what was said on the broadcast)

Advertisement
People thought I was crazy when I struggled after the Florida game we needed to fire Enos. We're better off with some cheap uptempo spread OC hire then this 1 Million OC debacle. Honestly whats the difference? This offense is on it's way to finishing a few spots above Richt's offense. We might as well take a chance on a new spread and OL coach.

Advertisement
Good take. Agree on Enos. At this point I'm thinking it would not have been any worse hiring Applewhite instead and saving some money. He does have Perry playing better than last year but some of his play calls are head scratchers. And when one of the announcers mentioned Mendenhall stating they figured out the offense schematically after the first drive it reminded me of our offense last year with Richt.

Mixed bag with Enos. Not sure the O has an identity yet. Gets too cute in the red zone. On the last run by DeeJay to the 3, the Oline actually got a great push. Their Dline was gassed. Should have went right back at them. Could have easily put another 3 TD's on the board but for a couple of overthrows and drops. At least there were some downfield throws.

D played like their asses were on fire. Gave up a couple of big plays but to give up only 9 points with UVA being in the red zone 6 times is outstanding. The Tarantula was unstoppable and like someone else mentioned, they couldn't key on Neo as much. Nesta Jade and Miller played quality snaps. Seems there was better communication in the secondary.

Only 4 penalties. No turnovers. I'll take a win over a top 25 anytime.

Well Said!

Now if the defense and offense can both start putting up consistent performances. We will finish this season on a long win streak.

One thing I noticed was that it looked like was ran the ball better out of shotgun.

Took us 2 quarters to throw the ball in the direction of the corner (safety) who replaced Bryce Hall, offense is complete amateur hour up in the box and on the sidelines.
Play action every time we go up under center is ridiculous.
Hopefully Manny taught Blake something, there was that one call on 3rd and long and we ran Blake's prevent zone and everyone ran back with their backs to the QB and he ran for an easy 1st down.
We still have a long way to go, but coaching is an issue.

Advertisement
Back