12 Cents With Relly Rell Part IV

Man, oh man, oh man......it feels so f’ing good to win a game against a P5 team, but even more so against a top 25 team. I said I would be bitterly happy if we wasted 3 games....man, f that. I’m enjoying the moment now! Get money, now let’s get to it:

1. ABOUT FCKING TIME we started Rousseau! Got ****! What a monster this kid is and he totally changed the DL’s aggressiveness. Did you see how Garvin was starting to get pressure as well? How the DTs looked better? That’s b/c the OL couldn’t just focus on Garvin. They had to focus on Garvin & Rousseau. THIS should’ve been done since Game 1

2. Enos.....I’ll come back to this

3. Shout out to Wiggins. There’s some things that will not show up in the box score, but he stoned a couple of defenders on WR screens, including a huge block on a Harley WR screen that sprung him for a 1st down. The UVA defender zero’d in and v-lined for Harley, and Wiggins stoned him. Little things

4. Team looked much more prepared this time around. Fewer penalties than we’ve had all season

5. Defense bailed us out; this is the type of defense we’ve been accustomed to. No they were not perfect, but as much as they bent, to give up only 9 points after UVA stayed in our back yard is outstanding

6. 3rd down woes continued, but the 2nd conversion was the game sealing one, so we’ll let this breathe.

7. Lou MF Hedley! Can we say he’ll continue the tradition of Punter U? Dude has been the best transfer behind KJ bar none

8. Manny is still learning, but at least he showed the most passion this game. Pressure burst pipes or make diamonds. Tonight, it was a diamond that formed out of this rough game.

9. Mr Davidson! THANK YOU for pushing Baxa to KO duty only! Dude was money fresh off the bench!

10. Referees missed calls on both sides, but hands down this was the best job I’ve seen ACC refs do in a minute for one of our games. (Still bad, but not overly egregious)

11. Continue to play our best players. We out-talented UVA despite many coaching issues. Which brings me to

12. WITF is Enos doing?? This team won despite his chitty, uneven play calling. Completely gave UVA every opportunity to win this f’ing ball game. THIS is not a $1m hire, AT ALL. He has an oozie for a weapon and trying to shoot it like a musket! This dude is suppressing our athletes’ abilities! ****, **** poor playing calling. Thank God Perry wanted the TD more than that **** poor call and UVA couldn’t hold him up. I’ve been terribly unimpressed w him, and today it made it glaringly clear he’s gotta go.

This week, we can finally sit back & root against UF & FSU in good conscience. These kids deserve to feel great today. Completely fought and fought and fought and fought some more. Hopefully this will be the beginning of something more this season. Thank God we’re still in the Corstal and the Corstal will always be the Corstal....door is open.

4. Defense didn't seem more prepared because there were blatant structural flaws at times, that I recognized pre-snap, and Bronco exploited them for large gains. I can remember a screen and a couple 3rd downs where we never gave ourselves a chance, and that isn't a talent or technique issue. Completely unacceptable at this juncture.

11. Yes, especially on defense. To me, that was the biggest difference and the reason why we won tonight (more Miller and more GR15); our ability to make big plays and prevent them from scoring.

12. Uzis are not accurate weapons and we have a very poor OL; tough to make those things look good. I'd have to go back to review the film but Perry certainly left a lot of points out there on accuracy alone, and for the second game in a row he didn't understand what play we were. It's clear why he remains the backup, and the only thing I want to see is what Tate could do if he had the confidence of the coaching staff.

There have been poor evals going back to the last regime but the QB and OL have improved under Enos. He put our team in a position to succeed and stayed aggressive. He needs an accurate QB and the top 3 all have some processing and/or mechanical issues.

Advertisement
Get mark pope the ball more, he can be a real weapon for us and I’m glad how he’s finally coming along and playing more. Just needs more touches
I love pope but I wasn’t happy about that drop in the first quarter. I think by next year he won’t be stopping himself.

Don’t necessarily agree on Enos.

We left 150 yards of offense and aton of points on the field because of drops and overthrows.

He can get too cute at times but I thought he mixed it up fairly well tonight.

Agree. 3 to 4 deep balls that were pretty drastically over thrown, some drops mixed in and we could have easily had 20+ more points. Play call was fine, at some point players have to start executing

Man, oh man, oh man......it feels so f’ing good to win a game against a P5 team, but even more so against a top 25 team. I said I would be bitterly happy if we wasted 3 games....man, f that. I’m enjoying the moment now! Get money, now let’s get to it:

1. ABOUT FCKING TIME we started Rousseau! Got ****! What a monster this kid is and he totally changed the DL’s aggressiveness. Did you see how Garvin was starting to get pressure as well? How the DTs looked better? That’s b/c the OL couldn’t just focus on Garvin. They had to focus on Garvin & Rousseau. THIS should’ve been done since Game 1

2. Enos.....I’ll come back to this

3. Shout out to Wiggins. There’s some things that will not show up in the box score, but he stoned a couple of defenders on WR screens, including a huge block on a Harley WR screen that sprung him for a 1st down. The UVA defender zero’d in and v-lined for Harley, and Wiggins stoned him. Little things

4. Team looked much more prepared this time around. Fewer penalties than we’ve had all season

5. Defense bailed us out; this is the type of defense we’ve been accustomed to. No they were not perfect, but as much as they bent, to give up only 9 points after UVA stayed in our back yard is outstanding

6. 3rd down woes continued, but the 2nd conversion was the game sealing one, so we’ll let this breathe.

7. Lou MF Hedley! Can we say he’ll continue the tradition of Punter U? Dude has been the best transfer behind KJ bar none

8. Manny is still learning, but at least he showed the most passion this game. Pressure burst pipes or make diamonds. Tonight, it was a diamond that formed out of this rough game.

9. Mr Davidson! THANK YOU for pushing Baxa to KO duty only! Dude was money fresh off the bench!

10. Referees missed calls on both sides, but hands down this was the best job I’ve seen ACC refs do in a minute for one of our games. (Still bad, but not overly egregious)

11. Continue to play our best players. We out-talented UVA despite many coaching issues. Which brings me to

12. WITF is Enos doing?? This team won despite his chitty, uneven play calling. Completely gave UVA every opportunity to win this f’ing ball game. THIS is not a $1m hire, AT ALL. He has an oozie for a weapon and trying to shoot it like a musket! This dude is suppressing our athletes’ abilities! ****, **** poor playing calling. Thank God Perry wanted the TD more than that **** poor call and UVA couldn’t hold him up. I’ve been terribly unimpressed w him, and today it made it glaringly clear he’s gotta go.

This week, we can finally sit back & root against UF & FSU in good conscience. These kids deserve to feel great today. Completely fought and fought and fought and fought some more. Hopefully this will be the beginning of something more this season. Thank God we’re still in the Corstal and the Corstal will always be the Corstal....door is open.

What he said.

**** is total ***. I’m completely done with him. Should’ve gotten Fedora or Briles, or better yet Bedenbaugh.

Fire Blake James.

Let’s get this thing straightened out, Manny. We’re not done yet.

Advertisement
Get mark pope the ball more, he can be a real weapon for us and I’m glad how he’s finally coming along and playing more. Just needs more touches

You don’t earn more touches by dropping the ball. Do your job, you get more opportunity.

Storm18 is starting to fill out. That class is rounding into form on the field.

Advertisement
I was at the game. We had at least half a dozen drops. And thats being conservative.

The play to Pope was beautiful to watch develop, so was the overload throw to Osborn in the end zone. There were quite a few more like those that didn’t connect because of player error not play call that left at least two, maybe three TDs on the field.

You have to consider those when looking at his overall performance, not just the plays that didn’t work.

Like i said, he can get too cute with his play calling, but overall we could have easily dropped 30 against a **** good, very physical defense.

Being at the game v. watching on TV is two totally different things. You don’t get various angles or commentary.

Like I said, it was extremely uneven, untimely. So yes, there were some drops, but we can say UVA could’ve easily put up 35 on us. It was literally the battle of OCorches.

Took us 2 quarters to throw the ball in the direction of the corner (safety) who replaced Bryce Hall, offense is complete amateur hour up in the box and on the sidelines.
Play action every time we go up under center is ridiculous.
Hopefully Manny taught Blake something, there was that one call on 3rd and long and we ran Blake's prevent zone and everyone ran back with their backs to the QB and he ran for an easy 1st down.
We still have a long way to go, but coaching is an issue.

THANK YOU! Pls forward to @Go Canes!!!

People thought I was crazy when I struggled after the Florida game we needed to fire Enos. We're better off with some cheap uptempo spread OC hire then this 1 Million OC debacle. Honestly whats the difference? This offense is on it's way to finishing a few spots above Richt's offense. We might as well take a chance on a new spread and OL coach.

Again, he called some nice plays, but the same guys saying “oh we just missed some opportunities, that’s y we didn’t put up 30” are the same ones that said the same thing last several yrs w Richt! Lol. It was a game that Enos showed his back side. DeeJay got it going, gassing UVA down the stretch, and instead of punching it in, he calls two QB runs, w Perry willing himself b/c UVA diagnosed it.

There’s so many plays that made absolutely no sense, that stalled drives that kept UVA in the game unnecessarily. After his script on the 1st drive, he gets lost. Reminds me of Coley.

4. Defense didn't seem more prepared because there were blatant structural flaws at times, that I recognized pre-snap, and Bronco exploited them for large gains. I can remember a screen and a couple 3rd downs where we never gave ourselves a chance, and that isn't a talent or technique issue. Completely unacceptable at this juncture.

11. Yes, especially on defense. To me, that was the biggest difference and the reason why we won tonight (more Miller and more GR15); our ability to make big plays and prevent them from scoring.

12. Uzis are not accurate weapons and we have a very poor OL; tough to make those things look good. I'd have to go back to review the film but Perry certainly left a lot of points out there on accuracy alone, and for the second game in a row he didn't understand what play we were. It's clear why he remains the backup, and the only thing I want to see is what Tate could do if he had the confidence of the coaching staff.

There have been poor evals going back to the last regime but the QB and OL have improved under Enos. He put our team in a position to succeed and stayed aggressive. He needs an accurate QB and the top 3 all have some processing and/or mechanical issues.

The OL has improved??? What? We’re dead last for P5 teams in sacks given up and 3rd to last overall.

We have major weapons on O. We have two top 10 TEs in the nation in their respective class playing at the same time. We have one of the best graduate transfers in the nation in KJ Osborne. Mark Pope was a fringe 5 star WR. JT4 UA All American. DeeJay a 4 star Ath. Harris a 4 star RB. Harley & Wiggins are some of the fastest athletes from power house programs in the nation. I think an oozie is very appropriate. It’s not a M16 or AK47, but we have a weapon that’s being suppressed.

The defense definitely got gashed, but they bent and not broke. Last weak, it would’ve been a break. The fact they didn’t give up the lead after being in awkward positions has my respect.

Advertisement
There were most definitely yards and point left on the field due to player mistakes. That said, Enos was out-OCd most of the night. Whatever we wanted to do was covered, and whatever they wanted to do was open. Our guys were blanketed on 3rd and 4, but theirs ran free on 3rd and 10. In the end they made too many mistakes and we made just enough plays, but they were the better team offensively. And considering our talent, that shouldn't happen. Especially when the OL played as decently as I've seen this year.

Advertisement
The OL has improved??? What? We’re dead last for P5 teams in sacks given up and 3rd to last overall.

We have major weapons on O. We have two top 10 TEs in the nation in their respective class playing at the same time. We have one of the best graduate transfers in the nation in KJ Osborne. Mark Pope was a fringe 5 star WR. JT4 UA All American. DeeJay a 4 star Ath. Harris a 4 star RB. Harley & Wiggins are some of the fastest athletes from power house programs in the nation. I think an oozie is very appropriate. It’s not a M16 or AK47, but we have a weapon that’s being suppressed.

The defense definitely got gashed, but they bent and not broke. Last weak, it would’ve been a break. The fact they didn’t give up the lead after being in awkward positions has my respect.

If your QB (Uzi) is as inaccurate as Perry it doesn't matter who you have catching the ball. It is tough to say the OL has improved because they were bad last season as well but I think they were better yesterday than they were the first 2 weeks. Only noticeable change about defense was the DL rotation and lack of zone blitzing. Otherwise it all looked the same.

Advertisement
Back