$10M per year to Mario - make the offer now

Advertisement
Bump it to $15M. With it being reported nationally now we cannot accept anything other than a yes. Either way, Manny cannot be coach anymore. It'll be too embarrassing to him and the program if he stays on after all this.

****. We could get twice the coaching and Primo Assistants by hopping on the Lane Train.

10 million to a guy who hasn’t won a Natty yet is insane.

****. We could get twice the coaching and Primo Assistants by hopping on the Lane Train.

10 million to a guy who hasn’t won a Natty yet is insane.

This is such a bullsh!te take if you are trying to pretend that Lane would take some sort of a discount.

But I'm still laughing at your standard of "hasn't won a Natty yet". How many has Lane won?

If any school wanted Lane this year, they'd pay him $10M too. But, oops, nobody wants him that bad, and he's going to sign an extension with Ole Miss. Wake me up when they announce the new salary.

Advertisement
Please no! If he flames out and we paid 10 mil a year for him, you better believe we will go back to buying up and comers for 4-5 million a year. Drop him like 6.5 with incentives and escalations. 10 million we need to be calling coaches with SEC and Big 10 rings, or even Dabo.

Please no! If he flames out and we paid 10 mil a year for him, you better believe we will go back to buying up and comers for 4-5 million a year. Drop him like 6.5 with incentives and escalations. 10 million we need to be calling coaches with SEC and Big 10 rings, or even Dabo.

Pay attention to the market.

Advertisement
I am...we're the ONLY school after him! 😂🤣 you'd really pay him 10 million over a more proven coach? 🤔

This is bullcrap. He rebuffed all the other interest in the last 2 months, and other schools move on.

Who is the "more proven coach"? And do not, for the life of me, say "Lane Kiffin". Or "Hugh Freeze".

Who is the "more proven coach" who is available and hasn't just signed a 10-year extension?

Advertisement
LITERALLY EVERYONE WHO SIGNED AN EXTENTION is more proven. Except Tucker. He's just good timing. Not to knock Mario, **** good coach. Just not worth 10 million yet.

Give that man an $8.5m base salary w/ an incentive-laden escalators based upon in season performances that can cap to $11m. Jmo

Advertisement
This is such a bullsh!te take if you are trying to pretend that Lane would take some sort of a discount.

But I'm still laughing at your standard of "hasn't won a Natty yet". How many has Lane won?

If any school wanted Lane this year, they'd pay him $10M too. But, oops, nobody wants him that bad, and he's going to sign an extension with Ole Miss. Wake me up when they announce the new salary.
Lane is going to take less money. He WANTS to coach here. There are posters here saying the Mario salary could go higher than ten million. That’s ridiculous.

I know that Lane hasn’t won one either. I think USCw and LSU both got taken.

LITERALLY EVERYONE WHO SIGNED AN EXTENTION is more proven. Except Tucker. He's just good timing. Not to knock Mario, **** good coach. Just not worth 10 million yet.

Who signed an extension that is "more proven"?

James Franklin? 1 Big 10 championship, five years ago. Mario has 2 Pac 12 championships, playing for a third today.

Hugh Freeze? 1 SunBelt championship, ten years ago.

Mel Tucker? 0 Big 10 Championships. Zero-point-zero.

Mark Stoops? 0 SEC Championships. Zero-point-zero.

Lane Kiffin? 2 Conference-USA championships.

Jeff Hafley? 0 ACC Championships. Zero-point-zero.

PJ Fleck? 1 MAC Championship, five years ago.

Dave Clawson? 1 MAC Championship, eight years ago.

Mike Gundy? 1 Big 12 Championship, ten years ago.

Again, Mario has won the last two Pac 12 championships and is playing for his third in a row.

Advertisement
Back