#1 thing that I'm looking for v Bama

Other than the short high of beating ND and VT back to back in Richt 2nd year. I have seen beat down after beat down from Christian Ponder running all over us where we couldnt stop a simple pistol option, Clemson rolling us 3 times in a row to last season where i watch us give up 700 yards at home. Until this team shows up and stop the offseason hype, stop the false bravado then go on the field with inferiority complex, looking unprepared and committing dumb penalties everytime we get a big game. I will expect what they have given us. Its not like Diaz didn't lose to La Tech and FIU in the same season and got steam rolled by UNC last season. They earned my skepticism. Nothing wrong with being positive though.

You bring up Christian Ponder while ignoring the fact we've beaten them four straight, including the worst beatdown in this rivalry's history.

You're just sad man.

Advertisement
You bring up Christian Ponder while ignoring the fact we've beaten them four straight, including the worst beatdown in this rivalry's history.

You're just sad man.
Im talking about big games. That was a big game. They are hot trash now. Go

Advertisement
Sorry the first (sentence original poster )just pours salt on the wounds from the past we’ve been working hard to heal.

Yes learn from history, I feel we have been this offseason and are ready to engage 🙌

Everyone has there opinions, I respect that but I has a contrasting point of view.

We / team cannot allow any lack of confidence to cause any cracks in the foundation no matter hove we validate any crack by saying no confidence then validating the crack.

It just bothers me with this game getting closer and to have anyone with no confidence in us upsetting BAMA.

Brother refocus shake it off we need everyone with winning intentions.

WE NEED YOU .

GOCANES

I got the Canes winning this game on a missed field goal by the Bama kicker as time expires.
YEP , very possible we call time out circle up the WHOLE team .

THIS IS WHY WE PICKED “U” ON OUR TEAM FOR GAMES LIKE THIS .

“ GO OUT THERE “ BLOCK IT “ AND MAKE HISTORY.

FOR THE “U” on three

GOCANES

Advertisement
So beating FSU, our biggest rival, isn’t a big game. But losing to FIU in year one, was huge and worth mentioning.
If you beat a terrible FSU team on their way to the garbage bin and in the same season lose to FIU, im more concerned about the FIU loss. The game where Ponder ran all over us was the beginning of them dominating the state and eventually the nation. We beat FSU 4 years in a row and in that time, got steamrolled by Clemson twice and violated by UNC in the worse loss i ever witnessed. The Clemson game and UNC games were prime time games where we could have taken the next step and signal to kids and the nation we here, even if we lost but we battled them. No we got violated. On national tv. At this point no one takes FSU serious so why exactly would i be bragging about stumping them when we are not using it as a spring board.

First off am going to say i have no confidence we will win this game, like at all. But this team can show me something, that we are improving by doing this one thing......Our OL block their front 7. I have certain things im looking for that gives me signals that we are improving....and its not winning close games v Pitt, NC St etc. If you look and see when the playoffs come around, most of those teams have 5 stars all over both their offense and defense, yet they shred each other for 30, 40 points, sometimes more. What that tells me is you need a proper QB....I think we have 3, proper OC, i think we have that, and a proper OL, that's the question mark. Teams like OU have made the playoffs with not average defense, just atrocious defense, while good defensive teams like Pitt finish with 6 wins.

So if you need one marker to look at in the game within that game, watch our OL perform v Bama particularly on the ground. Rivers and Donaldson should not have too many people that can simply manhandle them. And more than anything i wanna see how they do in the run game. All these big games we faced in recent times we haven't been able to do anything on the ground v these teams and eventually they will get to your QB on 3rd and long.

Im gonna be mad if we lose regardless but holding our own upfront on offense will give me confidence for the rest of the season. For crying out Ole miss and UF were able to do it so its not impossible
The Dline and stopping the run are really important as well cause if you’re allowing Bama to just run it down our throat like UNC did then you’re not gonna be on the field to score points no matter how well the Oline blocks..

If we can’t stop the run Saban will just run it until we show we can stop it.Offense will have a great time watching from the sidelines for most of the game.

I think talent wise Miami has enough to win and certainly compete the entire game. Game planning and overall the program’s approach, Saban will have them prepared. That’s mine and what many Canes fans fear. I’m hoping Diaz will end up being a good HC but from what I’ve seen in 2 seasons I lack confidence.
Sheeeesh we are not close to them talent wise. Not yet at least

Advertisement
Im talking about big games. That was a big game. They are hot trash now. Go
I say that all the time in baseball. Yankees Redsox isnt big if one team sucks. They both got to be good for that rivalry to be a big big game. If not u just beating on a rival that's ez money. Ain't as big when one of the teams suck. But I don't mind fsu being trash so fuqem...but it's not that big of a game right now. For fans it is but the big scope it's just beating a trash team.

In 2017 that Notre Dame game was epic because we both were unbeaten. If one teams record was trash it wouldn't be that big of a game. It was a sellout and if the canes were 3-5 it wouldn't be big period. Even if it's a hated rival....no one cares about USC and Oregon when one team sucks....they will show it on the Disney channel if one team sucks. If they were both unbeaten they get prime time.

I say that all the time in baseball. Yankees Redsox isnt big if one team sucks. They both got to be good for that rivalry to be a big big game. If not u just beating on a rival that's ez money. Ain't as big when one of the teams suck. But I don't mind fsu being trash so fuqem...but it's not that big of a game right now. For fans it is but the big scope it's just beating a trash team.

In 2017 that Notre Dame game was epic because we both were unbeaten. If one teams record was trash it wouldn't be that big of a game. It was a sellout and if the canes were 3-5 it wouldn't be big period. Even if it's a hated rival....no one cares about USC and Oregon when one team sucks....they will show it on the Disney channel if one team sucks. If they were both unbeaten they get prime time.
Thats what im saying. Its always gonna be a big game for both teams but when both teams are good the entire nation pays attention. I dont watch baseball but if the Yanks and Red sox are in the playoff hunt and im skipping channels ill watch but if one has a losing record i dont care. People in Utah will watch Ranked Miami and FSU. Now the skip after 2 mins.

Thats what im saying. Its always gonna be a big game for both teams but when both teams are good the entire nation pays attention. I dont watch baseball but if the Yanks and Red sox are in the playoff hunt and im skipping channels ill watch but if one has a losing record i dont care. People in Utah will watch Ranked Miami and FSU. Now the skip after 2 mins.
Facts facts facts. For the die hards it's a big game but a big game is when both teams are good. People know bama is good but if they go up 17-0 in the first most non UM Bama fans will shut that **** off immediately. People like competitive good elite teams square off....that grabs the nation. No one wants to see trash was or one team elite and the other trash.

Advertisement
What I'm looking for
20210815_154345.jpg

Just sayin!!!

They’re glaringly better in the trenches. We need to out coach them and so far I don’t believe we can. We can’t hold pat and hope to make an adjustment at halftime in this one. Manny and lashlee need A+ games
No they’re not. Last year trenches ain’t this years trenches for them.

For posters mentioning UF and Ole Miss from last year, both schools were top 15 in total offense and had different kinds of success against Bama. Lebby called a helluva game for Ole Miss taking advantage of Bama's aggressiveness using well timed, and designed, runs and play-action; their interior OL dominated Bama's DL. UF's receivers just bullied Bama's DBs.

Our best bet is to hope Lashlee calls a game like Lebby-- get 200+ yards on the ground and attack the middle of the field. We don't have the receivers that can bully DBs or the QB who can throw the deep ball consistently like UF did.
Not tru at all. We have speed Wrs that can run by Bama’s DBs. That’s a form of bullying that we definitely can do. Our QB is mobile as well, keep that DL tired.

Not tru at all. We have speed Wrs that can run by Bama’s DBs. That’s a form of bullying that we definitely can do. Our QB is mobile as well, keep that DL tired.
We need them to respect the run game of the RBs. Its the most important thing from our side. And im not talking about just popping off 40 yard runs even though thats a bonus. We must get 3, 4, or preferably 5 yards on first. More often than not. The rest of the offense become predictable without that

Advertisement
Back