#1 thing that I'm looking for v Bama

supacane

Senior
First off am going to say i have no confidence we will win this game, like at all. But this team can show me something, that we are improving by doing this one thing......Our OL block their front 7. I have certain things im looking for that gives me signals that we are improving....and its not winning close games v Pitt, NC St etc. If you look and see when the playoffs come around, most of those teams have 5 stars all over both their offense and defense, yet they shred each other for 30, 40 points, sometimes more. What that tells me is you need a proper QB....I think we have 3, proper OC, i think we have that, and a proper OL, that's the question mark. Teams like OU have made the playoffs with not average defense, just atrocious defense, while good defensive teams like Pitt finish with 6 wins.

So if you need one marker to look at in the game within that game, watch our OL perform v Bama particularly on the ground. Rivers and Donaldson should not have too many people that can simply manhandle them. And more than anything i wanna see how they do in the run game. All these big games we faced in recent times we haven't been able to do anything on the ground v these teams and eventually they will get to your QB on 3rd and long.

Im gonna be mad if we lose regardless but holding our own upfront on offense will give me confidence for the rest of the season. For crying out Ole miss and UF were able to do it so its not impossible

Advertisement
Advertisement
First off am going to say i have no confidence we will win this game, like at all. But this team can show me something, that we are improving by doing this one thing......Our OL block their front 7. I have certain things im looking for that gives me signals that we are improving....and its not winning close games v Pitt, NC St etc. If you look and see when the playoffs come around, most of those teams have 5 stars all over both their offense and defense, yet they shred each other for 30, 40 points, sometimes more. What that tells me is you need a proper QB....I think we have 3, proper OC, i think we have that, and a proper OL, that's the question mark. Teams like OU have made the playoffs with not average defense, just atrocious defense, while good defensive teams like Pitt finish with 6 wins.

So if you need one marker to look at in the game within that game, watch our OL perform v Bama particularly on the ground. Rivers and Donaldson should not have too many people that can simply manhandle them. And more than anything i wanna see how they do in the run game. All these big games we faced in recent times we haven't been able to do anything on the ground v these teams and eventually they will get to your QB on 3rd and long.

Im gonna be mad if we lose regardless but holding our own upfront on offense will give me confidence for the rest of the season. For crying out Ole miss and UF were able to do it so its not impossible

Interesting perspective. When say improvement from our OL, are u looking for how many negative plays we give up from the L.O.S as a measure of improvement? If so, did u have a # in mind?

Dudes come on enough of the bull**** Bama threads! No one truly thinks we beat Bama and we get it, the true fans want to see a fight and know if everything goes right and a little luck we could win and if you don't believe that. awesome good for you, ya don't need to make another thread about it.

Dudes come on enough of the bull**** Bama threads! No one truly thinks we beat Bama and we get it, the true fans want to see a fight and know if everything goes right and a little luck we could win and if you don't believe that. awesome good for you, ya don't need to make another thread about it.
We could lose terrible or we could make it a game. Our OL will determine which is with and even if we have a chance its on them. I could just post about susan

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I think talent wise Miami has enough to win and certainly compete the entire game. Game planning and overall the program’s approach, Saban will have them prepared. That’s mine and what many Canes fans fear. I’m hoping Diaz will end up being a good HC but from what I’ve seen in 2 seasons I lack confidence.

Advertisement
Back