#1 thing that I'm looking for v Bama

Advertisement
Rivers is talented but young, let’s see how he does but Vaughn is a monster and can probably legally drink now. This is a payday might for him. He should hold his own but if he shows out, he will get drafted
Yeah these two actually give me some confidence inside because sometimes u can scheme to help the tackles but if the guards get manhandled its not alot u can do to be honest

You will know in the first quarter if it’s going to get ugly or not. If they run it down our throats and we look like a jv team on offense it’s over. It’s hard to play mistake free in game one but that’s what we need to do. And hope they dont. Time for off season Manny to become game day Manny. The spread is 18. Vegas knows their stuff let’s just hope it’s still close at the halftime

You will know in the first quarter if it’s going to get ugly or not. If they run it down our throats and we look like a jv team on offense it’s over. It’s hard to play mistake free in game one but that’s what we need to do. And hope they dont. Time for off season Manny to become game day Manny. The spread is 18. Vegas knows their stuff let’s just hope it’s still close at the halftime
Dude, people are projecting McCloud to start.. Our line is sht compared to last year and the LBs have been horrid.

Advertisement
Nelson is as highly regarded OT as there is in the nation. This will be his money game. I'm expecting an absolute dominating performance from him in year 3.

The offense has a lot to like that can keep us competitive in this game, its the mindless penalties we're too accustomed to seeing & the front 7 on defense which are the biggest reason's for concern. Saban teams don't shoot themselves in the foot and its asking a lot for us to play flawless. Start fast & play fundamentally sound and it can at least be an interesting night in Atlanta where we can earn some national respect.

Advertisement
My hit list:
1. Fewer penalities per game! Make life easier on yourself.
2. Run the BALL! With Donaldson and Rivers inside, we are talking Massive Humans with talent that should be able to get a push.
3. Turnovers! Create them on D, don't turn it over on O.

Advertisement
I'm concerned our OL will look worse than they are because we won't stretch the field well enough to keep Alabama from crowding the LOS. IF we can, we might just put up a respectable fight. Anyone can win in a respectable fight, and I'm good with that. If we can't keep the Bama D honest, we're getting rolled.

Advertisement
Let us be very realistic here. “Big game” Manny Diaz is not known for his ability to gameplan his way out of a paper bag, much less against the winningest coach in college football.
Coaching matters.

Stopped reading after the first sentence
Other than the short high of beating ND and VT back to back in Richt 2nd year. I have seen beat down after beat down from Christian Ponder running all over us where we couldnt stop a simple pistol option, Clemson rolling us 3 times in a row to last season where i watch us give up 700 yards at home. Until this team shows up and stop the offseason hype, stop the false bravado then go on the field with inferiority complex, looking unprepared and committing dumb penalties everytime we get a big game. I will expect what they have given us. Its not like Diaz didn't lose to La Tech and FIU in the same season and got steam rolled by UNC last season. They earned my skepticism. Nothing wrong with being positive though.

Advertisement
Back