#1 thing that I'm looking for v Bama

Advertisement
No confidence? Wtf is wrong with you guys? If there was any year to play Bama, it’s this year. Miami with talent, experience, and great coaching ( I know, I know) can catch Bama slipping. No reason for this to be like Clemson, last year.

First off am going to say i have no confidence we will win this game, like at all. But this team can show me something, that we are improving by doing this one thing......Our OL block their front 7. I have certain things im looking for that gives me signals that we are improving....and its not winning close games v Pitt, NC St etc. If you look and see when the playoffs come around, most of those teams have 5 stars all over both their offense and defense, yet they shred each other for 30, 40 points, sometimes more. What that tells me is you need a proper QB....I think we have 3, proper OC, i think we have that, and a proper OL, that's the question mark. Teams like OU have made the playoffs with not average defense, just atrocious defense, while good defensive teams like Pitt finish with 6 wins.

So if you need one marker to look at in the game within that game, watch our OL perform v Bama particularly on the ground. Rivers and Donaldson should not have too many people that can simply manhandle them. And more than anything i wanna see how they do in the run game. All these big games we faced in recent times we haven't been able to do anything on the ground v these teams and eventually they will get to your QB on 3rd and long.

Im gonna be mad if we lose regardless but holding our own upfront on offense will give me confidence for the rest of the season. For crying out Ole miss and UF were able to do it so its not impossible
Only thing I'm looking for is a W and I don't care how we get it.

Go Canes!!!!

Go Canes!!!

Advertisement
I'm pretty confident we have enough to beat Bama.. I don't care what the debbie downers say. Bama looked very beatable versus Florida and Ole Miss last year and they lost pretty much all their impact players except for Evan Neal. I love the opportunity our guys have to show off their abilities and for the coaches to prove themselves specially on the defensive side.

The people here who confidently say we are gonna beat Bama are the same ones who go insane when we lose and start yelling fire everyone. Your confidence aint gonna do squat for the coaches or players. What im looking for is markers that we are stepping in the right direction. Because we have 11 games after them. When we can match a team like this in our offensive trenches then i will feel like we are inproving. And btw, this is also the only way we have a chance to win this game. Because if we cant block them, its over. Our defense is not stopping them over and over. You people should know by now.

Advertisement
Lost me at I have no confidence we will win this game.
Didn’t read another word too.
Win! []_[][]V[] 💯
DD8673E6-200E-4BA5-B12F-86F21CC74278.gif

Advertisement
For posters mentioning UF and Ole Miss from last year, both schools were top 15 in total offense and had different kinds of success against Bama. Lebby called a helluva game for Ole Miss taking advantage of Bama's aggressiveness using well timed, and designed, runs and play-action; their interior OL dominated Bama's DL. UF's receivers just bullied Bama's DBs.

Our best bet is to hope Lashlee calls a game like Lebby-- get 200+ yards on the ground and attack the middle of the field. We don't have the receivers that can bully DBs or the QB who can throw the deep ball consistently like UF did.

I don’t necessarily disagree with OP. To win big in football today, you need a great offense. It’s not that you totally ignore playing defense, both are important but when two heavyweights, equally talented match up, it tends to turn into a shootout. No matter how great Clemson or Alabama’s defenses are, when they play each other it’s a game where both teams are going for 30+ points. Look at Florida last year. They were able to play a really tight game with Bama because they could score. Their defense was garbage but the fact that they could put up points is how they managed to come the closest to beating Alabama out of everyone they played.

Advertisement
They’re glaringly better in the trenches. We need to out coach them and so far I don’t believe we can. We can’t hold pat and hope to make an adjustment at halftime in this one. Manny and lashlee need A+ games

A targering call on Carter?
If they don't tweek the targeting penalty, football as we know it, is doomed. I get the premise but the toll the penalty takes on a team and the game itself is too severe. An ejection ,15 yards and a suspension is way too harsh. The refs already had too much control over the outcome of the games they're officiating. Now that they have this bull**** rule in their pocket, the game is as easy to fix as the NBA.
86 the targeting penalty!

Go Canes!!

If they don't tweek the targeting penalty, football as we know it, is doomed. I get the premise but the toll the penalty takes on a team and the game itself is too severe. An ejection ,15 yards and a suspension is way too harsh. The refs already had too much control over the outcome of the games they're officiating. Now that they have this bull**** rule in their pocket, the game is as easy to fix as the NBA.
86 the targeting penalty!

Go Canes!!
I agree. This was a joke.

Coming out fast and efficient like we did against ND would be dope!
It’s so important. I’m not saying we win but we come out and score first then get a stop. It’ll tell everyone we ain’t scared and came to play. We come like we did against Clemson or okie State it’ll feel like the same old canes. We can’t look up and be down 14-0 in the first quarter.

Advertisement
Back