#1 thing that I'm looking for v Bama

We need them to respect the run game of the RBs. Its the most important thing from our side. And im not talking about just popping off 40 yard runs even though thats a bonus. We must get 3, 4, or preferably 5 yards on first. More often than not. The rest of the offense become predictable without that
We can run by there dbs ok but u need time to throw. Will that don't allow us to throw? Them boys are strong and fast up front.

Advertisement
We can run by there dbs ok but u need time to throw. Will that don't allow us to throw? Them boys are strong and fast up front.
Yeah u seen what happen v Clemson when we couldnt run. I probably expect Rambo Harley and Smith to be able to make more plays than Pope and Wiggins did last year even on long downs but u simply don't want that scenario.

Yeah u seen what happen v Clemson when we couldnt run. I probably expect Rambo Harley and Smith to be able to make more plays than Pope and Wiggins did last year even on long downs but u simply don't want that scenario.
Mallory needs to beat those linebackers. I'm sure they will put an athletic lb or db on him when he's spread out. I'm sure bama thinks and they expect to dominate the LOS on both sides. I don't think they would be prepared if we won one of those battles on either side.

Mallory needs to beat those linebackers. I'm sure they will put an athletic lb or db on him when he's spread out. I'm sure bama thinks and they expect to dominate the LOS on both sides. I don't think they would be prepared if we won one of those battles on either side.
Yes the one thing that gives me some confidence and intrigue on the OL is Rivers and Donaldson inside. I wanna see them win some battles against those big Bama DTs and NT. Its the key battle for me, just ahead of our LBs against their RBs and TEs, specifically our MLB.

It's really the linebackers that get the bulk of their production. Gotta be the best corps in the nation.

Their pass d did suck *** especially for their standards though. (70th in total yards) I just hope we toast Jobe.

Advertisement
Not tru at all. We have speed Wrs that can run by Bama’s DBs. That’s a form of bullying that we definitely can do. Our QB is mobile as well, keep that DL tired.
We do have speed but it's not enough to take advantage of Bama. Their DBs run just as fast as our receivers. Even if you did want to use our speed at WR as your argument, I already explained that we don't have the QB to get the ball down the field consistently.

UF's receivers had tons of success on contested and tough catches. That's bullying. The hope is Restrepo, Keyshawn, Arroyo, and Redding can give us a boost in that department because that isn't Harley, Pope, Dee, or Rambo's game.

King is mobile but top teams know how to defend mobile QBs -- see Clemson (13 carries for 28 yards from King if you exclude that long run before the half).

I rewatched the bags vs clemsun game and Lawrence was throwing in some tight windows.. bags defense gave him literally seconds and Lawrence was picking bags defense apart but the key in that game was the receivers was catching everything in tight windows..

Advertisement
"They all can be beat. Right time, right place, right circumstances."
Mindy Ripstein, Undisputed

Wasn't that what Michael Spinks said before fighting Mike Tyson??

OR

Was it the legendary Coach Taylor on Friday Night Lights??

One said it and believed it ...the other didn't

Well no matter....We'll soon see when we play

I'm hoping for the made for TV ending.

Last edited:
Bama Opening Games the last decade
2020: Missouri 38-19 W
2019: Duke 42-3 W
2018: Louisville 51-14 W
2017: FSU 24-7 W
2016: USC 52-6 W
2015: Wisconsin 35-17 W
2014: WVU 33-23 W
2013: VT 35-10 W
2012: Michigan 41-14 W
2011: Kent State 48-7 W
2010: SJSU 48-3

Looking at their history of opening games plus Miami having a legitimate QB. I don’t think Bama covers.

Might now win but I’m not seeing them beating us that bad.

I think we will have. WVU, Wisconsin, type game against them. I also like Miami to put at least 20 points on the board

If their front 7 doesn't flat out dominate our offensive line, this will be a close game. But that's a big "if". This might be the best Bama front in the last several years.

Advertisement
If we stay focused iron clad, ignore any hype and even a late hit of push by them let the announcers comment how we’re not retaliating referees will throw the flag if we make throw it on them.

Focus , the Playmaker harps on this constantly FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS.

I feel this is our key , this game will be very physical very tremendous hitting NFL caliber.

Till someone CRACKS or wilts then the feeding begins and every play will flood the weakness relentlessly.

This is NOT a push over game for BAMA, I feel they know something is very different in the Canes team we got the firepower and beasts to stand toe to toe and platoon in and out.

We can cut them to see there own blood 🩸 they fear this the most.

I like our chances here if we’re focused to the last tick of the game clock.

GOCANES

How stubborn will we be trying to "establish the run"? Or, will we concede that's not happening and go with throwing the ball most every down from the jump (mixing in some planned/unplanned runs by King).

If their front 7 doesn't flat out dominate our offensive line, this will be a close game. But that's a big "if". This might be the best Bama front in the last several years.

I think we will know early how it's going to go for us. Hopefully we can block them enough.

Advertisement
The only backfire this can have is, we have three and outs and our defense back on the field vs a punishing OL and offense with dynamic players. Both team are going to try and do similar no huddle offenses. LOS and dynamic play makers they out gun us. Only thing we got going is that bama has not alot of experience and we have it. I don't believe in experience in cfb I always believe in talent. If we pull this off it would be one of the biggest upsets in cfb in the last ten years. No one expects us to win not even me. Just keep it close and don't look like a HS team. But bama makes alot of teams from other conferences look like HS teams. We won't be able to run we have to throw.

That's my opinion I'll stick to it.

First off am going to say i have no confidence we will win this game, like at all. But this team can show me something, that we are improving by doing this one thing......Our OL block their front 7. I have certain things im looking for that gives me signals that we are improving....and its not winning close games v Pitt, NC St etc. If you look and see when the playoffs come around, most of those teams have 5 stars all over both their offense and defense, yet they shred each other for 30, 40 points, sometimes more. What that tells me is you need a proper QB....I think we have 3, proper OC, i think we have that, and a proper OL, that's the question mark. Teams like OU have made the playoffs with not average defense, just atrocious defense, while good defensive teams like Pitt finish with 6 wins.

So if you need one marker to look at in the game within that game, watch our OL perform v Bama particularly on the ground. Rivers and Donaldson should not have too many people that can simply manhandle them. And more than anything i wanna see how they do in the run game. All these big games we faced in recent times we haven't been able to do anything on the ground v these teams and eventually they will get to your QB on 3rd and long.

Im gonna be mad if we lose regardless but holding our own upfront on offense will give me confidence for the rest of the season. For crying out Ole miss and UF were able to do it so its not impossible
Good stuff. Very insightful.

Only thing I care about is punching back. If lay down and get boat raced without a fight it’s grounds for manny seat getting hot IMO

Advertisement
Back